Kajiya de Hajimeru Isekai Slow Life

I liked it how he wished to have a cat for a companion then God gave him a Tiger waifu

Dex-chan lover
bruh tf this Eizo mf probably has the most punchable and lame face ever.
i feel like punching him.
7346-pepe-hmmm.png

but aside that the manga is pretty good. 9/10

Double-page supporter
oh my, isnt samia-chan is lovely and adorable cat (⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)

I wanted to like this one so much as crafting mangas are my thing, but its terrible because I know too much about blacksmithing and forging. The WN is the same. This guy is supposed to be a master smith but thinks casted products are high quality. The author did not do his research and I am not able to suspend disbelief enough.

Dex-chan lover
As a low investment fantasy slice of life, it's decently enjoyable. But for some reason the author elected to make their manga about smithing... Despite clearly knowing nothing about it. He folds "the highest quality iron" he has ever seen. The point of folding is to distribute impurities more evenly in the sword to make it stronger. If the source is already largely pure, you're actually making the sword weaker! The author also seems to only measure the quality of smithing by sharpness, and has no concept that something could actually be too sharp. It's a rather odd choice... Why not make your series about something you're experienced or interested in instead?

Dex-chan lover
OK, it was killing me so I read the raws if there is any romantic development.

(MC avoids investigation at a brothel for information gathering while on covert mission: )

The number one reason why I don't want to go is because I don't want to create the possibility of my blood being left behind as a "guest" in this world. In a world where contraceptive technology is probably almost non-existent, there is always a chance.

It's also why I don't plan to marry or have children with any of my family members. I'm glad that I don't have to worry about it, because they don't seem to be interested in it either.

But I can't talk about this reason, so I have to cover it up with other reasons. It seems to have worked this time, but I'll have to think about it.

And regarding the who and what, MC's own thoughts:

I lay down and closed my eyes. Family. I don't mind this kind of increase. But I wonder why the number of women is increasing.

If you say it's just a coincidence, that's all, but I wonder why there are so many women. And almost universally, of all races.

"Is there something else going on here that the Watchdog isn't telling me about, or is it something else? .......

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Honestly I like the story and the premise but the blacksmithing is so painfully off, even with a basic knowledge its painful, mainly the casting of IRON. I'd understand if it's a fictional material like mythril or something meant to be cast then processed like bronze.

Dex-chan lover
It bothers me that author thinks casting is sufficient for weapons... I know, I know "but MAGIC!" but nothing!

its one of those stories where the MC is OP but just lives in the woods helping the occasional side character. MC also is one of those who has no interest in romance even though he is surrounded by women so if you are expecting romance look somewhere else.

Supporter
OK, it was killing me so I read the raws if there is any romantic development.

(MC avoids investigation at a brothel for information gathering while on covert mission: )

The number one reason why I don't want to go is because I don't want to create the possibility of my blood being left behind as a "guest" in this world. In a world where contraceptive technology is probably almost non-existent, there is always a chance.

It's also why I don't plan to marry or have children with any of my family members. I'm glad that I don't have to worry about it, because they don't seem to be interested in it either.

But I can't talk about this reason, so I have to cover it up with other reasons. It seems to have worked this time, but I'll have to think about it.

And regarding the who and what, MC's own thoughts:

I lay down and closed my eyes. Family. I don't mind this kind of increase. But I wonder why the number of women is increasing.

If you say it's just a coincidence, that's all, but I wonder why there are so many women. And almost universally, of all races.

"Is there something else going on here that the Watchdog isn't telling me about, or is it something else? .......
That’s kinda disappointing but surprisingly considerate.

Dex-chan lover
That’s kinda disappointing but surprisingly considerate.
I don't have a chapter number since I'm speedreading it again, but:

The world "Earth Dragon"/"Land God of the Black Forest", a female dryad with bit of mischievous<=>stoic personality, eventually grants him a "world residency permit". Even if verbal reassurance / name only.

(While also formally titling him and his family as "Guardians of the Black Forest" after they clear out stagnant magic monster her powers were not properly calibrated or to scale for eliminating.)

By that, I mean she privately informs MC the Watchdog changed causality of the world to not "reject" the MC (quote: 'made it such that that's the way it is'). And as a lesser god than Watchdog, she can't fathom Watchdog's full reasons. But doesn't see any harm in letting MC stay. Even helping him settle in further / build infrastructure as a reward.

The Lord of the Black Forest even asks MC to spread technological knowledge of his prior world s a form of "cultural exchange" -- but specifically only to the Faries she guards the forest with. Whom nobody would believe (or likely meet) in the first place (quote: 'if they share the knowledge, it would be as believable as saying a fairy inspired me').

So maybe we'll see (author allow the MC to) change his attitudes now that he has some reassurance.

But there are also a lot of side stories (presented explicitly by the author as non-canon "IF" continuity in header) whom the pets he ALWAYS has considered as his daughters, gain human form as adorable girls, and chase their dad/mom(s) around.

So it may indicate MC (rather the author themselves) already considers it family even if not related by blood or species.

Last edited:
Thke romance tag needs to be removed and honestly the harem tag too. He seems to have 0 romantic interests in any of the females around him and treats them all like his sisters or kids.

Gotta admit, I REALLY like this one. Instead of being obsessed with power, or violence, or sex, or any one of the hundreds of standard fantasy fantasies that most isekai manga tend to gravitate towards, this is about a man whose only interest is in pursuing his hobbies. It's...gentle, in a way that I don't often see.

It really feels like more of a character study than a fantasy story, though admittedly there isn't a lot of material to set that view in stone. Eizo really just feels like someone who likes to focus on his passions, and the fact that he doesn't expect anything from people around him aside from what they're willing to give freely is a pleasant change of pace from the common standard.

I think there is definitely room for improvement in this area - I would have liked the difficulties in a man with contemporary social mores regarding construction of devices meant to kill be a constant throughline, rather than the "hey, don't worry about it" "Oh okay, that makes sense" resolution we got, but it could easily get a revisit.

Not gonna lie, the casting vs. Smithing argument has no small validity here, and anyone who's spent even an hour watching YouTube would know not to make that mistake. Maybe that was intentional for a future plotline to show how broken his skill really is, maybe it was done through authorial ignorance. Like with a lot of niggling issues, there's not enough source material to judge.

I'm actually enjoying the lack of overt romance - Eizo is taking time to focus on himself in a way he clearly never had the opportunity before, and it's been said that women are interested in men who have a strong passion other than them. The fact that he's clearly an interest to at least two of the four women introduced so far is fun, especially since none of them are either acting in the standard pick me mentality nor engaging in the toxic "you'll like me because I low key abuse/take advantage of you" bullshit popularized by the likes of Love Hina and Ranma 1/2.

It's sweet. It's slow. It has some pretty good art, throwback 80s in style but with the precision and refinement of the late 90s/early 00s that saw manga and anime really explode. Take a look at the female centric panels - fellow really does know how to draw attractive, emotive women without throwing tits and ass everywhere. Even what little nudity we do see is situational and hardly sexual. 8.5/10 and I'd probably score it higher if there was more material.

Users who are viewing this thread