KAKAO 79% - Ch. 171 - Lost (9)

Contributor
@amplified Thanks for you hard work!
It's one of the first webtoons I've ever read so it has a special place in my heart :D

Dex-chan lover
@Asasa Now I feel old.
OK, so I totally remember what was happening earlier in the flashback, and I vaguely remember in broad terms her relationship to the main characters, but I totally can't remember what her current problem is that gets referred to right at the end of this chapter . . . Tachibana's leaving or something?

Contributor
@Entryhazard
But, "If being rich makes you good at tennis, then all rich people would be professional athletes" is a perfectly sound logic for a teenage boy. That's exactly how logic works, and you sound blue-pilled as hell stating that "all professional athletes would be rich people," yet failing to understand that only the top of tennis, or any sport for that matter, become actually "rich." Sport is work, and being rich doesn't mean that you will be a great sportsman. Actually the whole point of the guy is that people would explain his results as him being rich, not caring about his hard work. You can't go even more simple than that.

Death to the capitalists much, mm? And we're not even mentioning that what Tachibana said is a classical stock simple piece of philosophy that you can read in any coming-of-age story. The example being tennis is even more lazier since it's such a popular sport.

So, basically, you took a part of an overused cliched phrase and said that it's not how logic works. Sure, mate. Let's throw some stones at Holden Caulfield's logic, then! It's not like authors are often being deliberately simple with teenagers' logic. It's not like kids generally can't understand how adult wold works!

..Some people are so simple..

Fed-Kun's army
@Yautja It took 9 chapters which means it took 9 weeks (2 months) not over a year. The fact that it took over a year to translate these 9 chapters isn't because of the author. (Not saying it's the fault of someone, it's just how it is) Right now there is over 50 chapters which haven't been translated yet and one keeps coming out every week.

Double-page supporter
@Mivas
This trend continues for at least the next two or three dozen chapters and the source material goes up to chapter 219. This Tendou trend started at 2018.10.27, and apparently continued to something like 2019.11.16 if not longer. That's over a year.

This arc may be Tendou's character arc, but not every chapter is dedicated to her. After this chapter, the focus did came back to the main characters in my opinion.

Do not read under the cut if you don't want to be spoiled. I just need to release my thoughts.

I do like that Tachibana shows a different side of himself when he's with Tendo or when it's something about her. I also like how the author always shows Tachibana's reaction when it's about her, like during the play. However, he's really hard to read. In my opinion, Tachibana came to care about Tendou more than that of what he considers a distance for friends but since he's a bit clueless when it comes to his own feelings, he thought what he felt for her was familial love. Like since his feelings cannot be categorized as being friends, he thought it may be because he thought of her like a family. He even told Yuu that he thinks of Tendou as his imouto lololol. There's a good comment in comico in that chapter saying a person who doesn't have a sister doesn't really know what having a sister is like. So maybe, Tachibana doesn't want to recognize his feelings as romantic and settled it as feelings for family. I really hope the author gives him a bit of a hard time before she decides for them to be together. Or allow him to see Tendou flirt with another guy, probably Arizawa, and get frustrated with it. I really need to see it. If the author decides to ship her with senpai, I actually don't mind. Lol. I believe if along the way Arizawa would like someone, I think it would be Tendou. I don't know, him liking Tsubasa at this point would be anticlimactic.

Aggregator gang
Huh? Did Tendou accept Tachibana's help or did she not? I'm confused.

What Tachibana did was cool and all but that tennis part was really out of touch lol And all that talk about effort. Not saying didn't put lots of effort into it, but he only could do it bcs he had money to buy materials, to pay classes. I'm sure the one's who said it to him also had it but that was so tone death to compare his situation to tendou's.

Users who are viewing this thread