Kakkoii Onnanoko to 12-centi no Yakusoku - Ch. 16 - Wait for me

321.png
Accurate meme.

Dex-chan lover
Here how I see thing will go

Scenario 1
A random new male student will be introduced and will be really open with Ibuki causing Tomo to take their current relationship more seriously

Scenario 2
Story retains its pace but Tomo is slowly breaking the "Dense" barrier and starts to see Ibuki as the opposite sex instead of just best buds

Either way, I hope this dense MC dont take too long to realise his feelings

Honestly, this is the best possible course for them. Having him realize his feelings is better than being told "You're in love with her!" because that'd confuse him MORE about if he actually does. Her confessing would also probably confuse him, so telling him "Sort your feelings out" is the best option. At least this is looking to have them realize their feelings before chapter 5999

Thank you! Everyone's yelling that he's dense, but... if people tell him that she loves him, he might be even more confused. He's clearly never viewed her in such a way before. He's only seen her as a really good friend, not a potential love interest. Imagine being really good friends with someone and they suddenly tell you they love you romantically. And you've never thought of them in that way before.

Happened to me in college. I didn't know what the hell to say. I apologized for not realizing it and had to tell her that I wasn't interested in her in that way cause I'd never thought of her in that way before.

Ibuki and Tomo clearly haven't had any romantic instances before what's happening right now with Ibuki making a push, so Tomo is getting really confused by the sudden change in how their friendship is being handled.

Aggregator gang
I get the confusion. Tomo is boggled by gender to a degree vastly more common for a dense queer teen, so this chapter is the yaoiest of all. I haven't been taking comments about thinly-veiled yaoi all that serious until now, since Ibuki's hidden personality traits are very feminine coded and more common in women. Even so, the only definitively gendered part of the friendship is how other people treat Ibuki, which doesn't tell us how Tomo comprehends feminine girls and femininity in general.

I wish the story had been clearer about this earlier. It wouldn't have even been that hard, just show him interacting with girls in class slightly more or say more about how having lots of sisters shaped him. Or something. Anything. Without that prep or foreshadowing, this chapter as written would've worked better if the story was gay. For an important moment of making the emotions relatable for readers who don't read queer content, which is a big strength of this story and other platonic-ish childhood friend stories, this chapter fumbled imo

Just realized: It's about the same issue as when the author didn't explain the pair only became friends in highschool, until an extra.
He saw her as a boy because the way she was and now is seeing her as a girl little by little... don't drag that gay shit into this story.

Aggregator gang
It's refreshing to see an MC who's trying to figure out his own feelings rather than just being blind. Dude's not dense in the typical manga way. He seems to more or less get what she was putting down, he just straight hadn’t considered her an option till now.

Still needed it spelled out a bit, but everything she'd done prior had been toeing closer to friendship.
I think it was because he saw her almost as a boy... if she change clothes he would fall for her in a instant

Dex-chan lover
i dunno what the fuck kinda world mangaka live in but this is not how teens work. they just...they just dont.

whoever invented the dense protag trope needs to fucking die, or if they have they need to rot in hell.
Buddy... You think they don't? I have a few friend like that.. even myself is like that, like in highschool I've been like 'oh we're friends lalala' and after graduation my siblings like 'dude don't you know that friend of yours like you? Or just asked have you been confessed yet?' i was so shocked because I never see it and my siblings like 😑😑😑 dude, it's literally obvious like everyone knows except you like what....

So yep, there are teenagers dense like that. Just because you are not or haven't met , doesn't mean they're not exist 😭😭😭😅😅

Dex-chan lover
Im always baffled when people get angry at dense protagonists. I had a girl who sat next to me in class apparently flirt with me for over a year without me noticing. It was only after she gave up and started dating my friend that he told me she used to be into me. Teenagers are dumb
Same, there was a girl who would cling to me a lot and only years later my friends and her friends would tell me she was into me

Supporter
I like this kind of dense. He's not just stupid and seeing the obvious. He's just not introspective. He's trying and wants to answer the question but hasn't figured it out himself. I don't remember seeing this much.
Everyone loves to hate on her, but this is what Aika in Yumemiru Danshi struggled to understand for the better part of four volumes and three years: why did this Wataru guy bug her so much yet she constantly wanted him around and absolutely lost her mind when he wasn't? Surface thinkers think surface thoughts until something finally clicks for them. In her case, it was probably too late (with the series on an indefinite hiatus, we'll likely never know for sure); in his case, he still has a shot.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone loves to hate on her, but this is what Aika in Yumemiru Danshi struggled to understand for the better part of four volumes and three years: why did this Wataru guy bug her so much yet she constantly wanted him around and absolutely lost her mind when he wasn't? Surface thinkers think surface thoughts until something finally clicks for them. In her case, it was probably too late (with the series on an indefinite hiatus, we'll likely never know for sure); in his case, he still has a shot.
I haven't read that. I'll need to go check it out.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you! Everyone's yelling that he's dense, but... if people tell him that she loves him, he might be even more confused. He's clearly never viewed her in such a way before. He's only seen her as a really good friend, not a potential love interest. Imagine being really good friends with someone and they suddenly tell you they love you romantically. And you've never thought of them in that way before.

Happened to me in college. I didn't know what the hell to say. I apologized for not realizing it and had to tell her that I wasn't interested in her in that way cause I'd never thought of her in that way before.

Ibuki and Tomo clearly haven't had any romantic instances before what's happening right now with Ibuki making a push, so Tomo is getting really confused by the sudden change in how their friendship is being handled.
Exactly this. People love throwing around words that they think are one size fits all or creating their own definition to pre-existing terms. Not every guy has romance on their mind and it has nothing to do with being dense for not noticing any advances.

Fed-Kun's army
Im always baffled when people get angry at dense protagonists. I had a girl who sat next to me in class apparently flirt with me for over a year without me noticing. It was only after she gave up and started dating my friend that he told me she used to be into me. Teenagers are dumb
Same, but I asked her out and she said no.
Maybe she wanted me to pursue her or something? I didn't ask again and later she told me she used to be into me.

Aggregator gang
My problem with these dense ass MCs is that like... what else could it be other than romance? More than a friend == lover. Or FWB (same thing really) There's literally no other option. People are saying that the MC is better than the typical dense MC trope, but like he's actually worse. At least other dense MCs would acknowledge the romance but then outright refute it due to self esteem. This MC is just... hmmmmm what could it be... ? Does she want to be my sister?? Lol...

EDIT: I want to clarify I like this manga and will continue to read it's pretty cute but the MC is embarrassingly oblivious lol :dogkek:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Ibuki is going on the offensive. We're in for a good / infuriating time while Tomo grows up from being 8!
Explanation on Bear's name are appreciated. But after last chapter Bear is just Bear, the best wingman one could ask for. He doesn't need to justify his nickname anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread