Kakkoii Onnanoko to 12-centi no Yakusoku - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Reason for applying

Dex-chan lover
Wushu is like this mythical creature that is told in legends and revered by everyone, we must all give our thanks to Wushu for these delicious meals🙏

noj

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah she looked way better in a skirt but it is what it is

Dex-chan lover
No biggie, she is just uncomfortable in a skirt or wants to continue being cool.
I think the author put too much emphasis on the explanation, but it wasn't a wasted chapter.
It did teach me about the field pants in WW2, never heard about it before.

Dex-chan lover
I was wondering why she can wears male uniform without teacher interference, but turn out the teacher herself support it. Nice!

Also, she still looks handsome in girl's uniform.

Tachibana Ibuki Wears Middle School Girl's Uniform's Uniform
It's been a thing for a couple of years now with more schools in Japan have been adopting Gender Neutral uniform options for students because its been a popular request with the youth.

Dex-chan lover
It's been a thing for a couple of years now with more schools in Japan have been adopting Gender Neutral uniform options for students because its been a popular request with the youth.

That is quite interesting, actually. But I think Mainland China has been using gender-neutral uniforms for ages. Personally, I think that look like tracksuits. At first, I was surprised to know that such a uniform exists outside of gym class.

School uniform in Mainland China

Dex-chan lover
Surprised that no one asked why the guy isn't wearing a skirt then
Because a skirt is seen as a social downgrade, even unconsciously, in a sense that isn't associated with practicality and is more about aesthetics than anything else, closely tied with the constraints of being a woman. That's why the demand for pants by women is closely tied with emancipation, and in the war context, to the need for them to be the workforce that replaced drafted men.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Surprised that no one asked why the guy isn't wearing a skirt then
I mean the reason is patriarchy, it always has been. It's more societally acceptable for someone from the "weak" gender (women) to dawn the garments of the "strong" gender (men) than the other way around. It's why people bitch way more about men wearing skirts than women wearing pants.

Dex-chan lover
I always love a minor history lesson in my faux-BL manga. It's rather interesting how the return of skirts is rather unknown. I know people say "patriarchy" but that doesn't really explain anything. That's like saying "religion" when talking about the change in moral values or the development of sciences.

Dex-chan lover
I was wondering why she can wears male uniform without teacher interference, but turn out the teacher herself support it. Nice!

Also, she still looks handsome in girl's uniform.

Tachibana Ibuki Wears Middle School Girl's Uniform's Uniform
She looks absolutely gorgeous in skirt but oh well :")

Group Leader
Letting female students wear trouser is easy mode. Letting male students wear skirt/dress is where the real challenge is at. Normalizing men wearing dresses again, anyone?

1092px-Workshop_of_Hans_Holbein_the_Younger_-_Portrait_of_Henry_VIII_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

Funny that this chapter makes girls wearing pants in school be a sign that the time is changing. Well, aren't you a little late for that change? They've been wearing pants outside of school for how long already. The whole speech fell on its face when the reverse situation, boys wearing skirt, isn't mentioned at all.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah she looked way better in a skirt but it is what it is
Because there is a difference in her drawing style for that panel in girls uniform. Shoulders are more narrow and dropped. Appears with more slander figure (well she is wearing boys uniform normally) etc. Her current apperance (including her physical features) is literally the same with the male lead. But for that one panel alone, author actually drawn a girl.

Contributor
I'm 100% with her on that: I don't like showing my legs either. (I mean, skirts and dresses are okay on occasion, if they reach the ankles. I still greatly prefer pants, as long as it isn't 85+°F outside.)

Because there is a difference in her drawing style for that panel in girls uniform. Shoulders are more narrow and dropped. Appears with more slander figure (well she is wearing boys uniform normally) etc. Her current apperance (including her physical features) is literally the same with the male lead. But for that one panel alone, author actually drawn a girl.
That's a tad unfair. I think the boys' uniform either has shoulder pads, or (more likely) requires shoulder pads for her to wear without extra tailoring — if you look at the pages where she isn't wearing her uniform, her shoulders are a bit more sloped. She's also a lot more slender and has a higher waist: all proof that the mangaka is drawing a girl. And before anyone mentions the bust and hips, she's just slender (not all women are well endowed; just as there are women with flat-ish chests, there are women with narrow hips).

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Letting male students wear skirt/dress is where the real challenge is at.
Not really. I think the stigma about men wearing skirts is just a Western thing, because our current President wears something similar called a "sarung".

Presiden Joko Widodo Wears Sarung

Even the Scottish have something that totally looks like a skirt as the traditional clothing.

The Band of The Royal Regiment of Scotland

Users who are viewing this thread