Kakunaru Ue wa - Ch. 21 - Calm Down

Hello, I'm not officially part of this group but uploading because Tuiko was unavailable. The person doing the English translations has been using MTL on the Portuguese ones already made by the group, so Tuiko and the team decided to translate and upload the English chapters from now on!

Dex-chan lover
The quality of this is ass. The pages are upscaled terribly and the writing is stilted and awkward. The previous translator might've been MTLing it, but they smoothed things out so it read well in English. This might be "properly" translated but it's stilted and awkward and harder to read because it was likely done by someone who doesn't speak English natively or fluently.

I sincerely hope that you sniping this doesn't scare away or dissuade @Peterociclos because there work was far better.

If nothing else why not work together to produce the best possible quality of final product?

Dex-chan lover
Can't chicken out when you've gotten that far.

Caught red-faced.

So into her own thoughts she doesn't even hear anything else. That takes dedication. Or density, not sure which.

Well, at least she's decisive at times.

Yeah, quality wasn't exactly stellar here.

Group Leader
But at least the translation is also just slightly better than MTL too?
larry-david-unsure.gif

is it though?

Group Leader
The quality of this is ass. The pages are upscaled terribly and the writing is stilted and awkward. The previous translator might've been MTLing it, but they smoothed things out so it read well in English. This might be "properly" translated but it's stilted and awkward and harder to read because it was likely done by someone who doesn't speak English natively or fluently.

I sincerely hope that you sniping this doesn't scare away or dissuade @Peterociclos because there work was far better.

If nothing else why not work together to produce the best possible quality of final product?
I'm getting someone to do the QC of the tl in 21.2 and making some colored pages due to the inconvenience

Dex-chan lover
Hi i do not use mtl i just do exactly what your group does with the spanish tl but with the br release, and i actually remember to clean all of the speech bubbles before uploading the chapters
Hello, I'm not officially part of this group but uploading because Tuiko was unavailable. The person doing the English translations has been using MTL on the Portuguese ones already made by the group, so Tuiko and the team decided to translate and upload the English chapters from now on!

Dex-chan lover
At least she has reference for her new work now. Good for you, Miyamoto-san

Dex-chan lover
It’s hard sometimes to know your own feelings :boomer: But I would say to trust your gut feelings because it’s almost always right

Dex-chan lover
If i have to be completelly honest, in portuguese the translation this group does feels very mechanical and sometimes make little sense. The other group honestly does a better job at it in portuguese.

Is that part of why this English chapter is so awkward? Because your English releases are completely readable and feel like actual dialogue. I wonder if the problem isn't the translation to English (at least entirely) but is partially the fault of the original translation from Japanese. This chapter I stopped like halfway through because I just couldn't ignore all the stumbles and clumsy phrasing. and it's not like I'm someone who speaks English as a second language struggling to understand this, nor do I think I'm a poor reader. If anything that would've made this less of an issue because instead the problem with me is that I look at the 2nd page with "You never been here, did you?" and it's nails on a chalkboard.

heck, right from the beginning with the group's credits page being "the boji's" with an apostrophe I had a feeling things were going to go badly because apostrophes don't work that way.

Dex-chan lover
Is that part of why this English chapter is so awkward? Because your English releases are completely readable and feel like actual dialogue. I wonder if the problem isn't the translation to English (at least entirely) but is partially the fault of the original translation from Japanese. This chapter I stopped like halfway through because I just couldn't ignore all the stumbles and clumsy phrasing. and it's not like I'm someone who speaks English as a second language struggling to understand this, nor do I think I'm a poor reader. If anything that would've made this less of an issue because instead the problem with me is that I look at the 2nd page with "You never been here, did you?" and it's nails on a chalkboard.

heck, right from the beginning with the group's credits page being "the boji's" with an apostrophe I had a feeling things were going to go badly because apostrophes don't work that way.
To be exact it feels like their tl is EXACTLY what was written in japanese without much care about how it stitches together, specially in portugese, also their scanlation is know to be clunky, if you go on chapter 20 part 2 you will find 2 text boxes on a diferent language, this also happened in earlier chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread