Kakunaru Ue wa - Ch. 21 - Calm Down

Group Leader
To be exact it feels like their tl is EXACTLY what was written in japanese without much care about how it stitches together, specially in portugese, also their scanlation is know to be clunky, if you go on chapter 20 part 2 you will find 2 text boxes on a diferent language, this also happened in earlier chapters.
Let me edit this and rephrase, this happens when you MTL fast because you want to upload first. I do MTL and you have to be very careful, the sentence “You never been here, did you?” is something a translator app would yield IF you don’t know how to properly do MTL. This happens when you translate single sentences instead of translating all the bubbles and text from the page since you are not giving any previous context to what you are translating.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
No fucking way it was like that in the raws, this happens because it was translated from Japanese, then Portuguese and used the Portuguese as the source for TL. The sentence “You never been here, did you?” Is a common mistake made when translating from your native language to english, I used to made those errors when going from Spanish to English because you think it sounds good coming from your native language but it turns out to be atrocious.
No i mean it in the way that if you translate japanese directly you get something like "what are you doing, brother?" when the more normal way to say it is "brother, what are you doing?"
Also the native language kinks are hard to figure out if you're not fluent in the language you're translating to

Group Leader
No i mean it in the way that if you translate japanese directly you get something like "what are you doing, brother?" when the more normal way to say it is "brother, what are you doing?"
Also the native language kinks are hard to figure out if you're not fluent in the language you're translating to
yes, I edited it after I understood your idea better lol but yeah

Group Leader
Is that part of why this English chapter is so awkward? Because your English releases are completely readable and feel like actual dialogue. I wonder if the problem isn't the translation to English (at least entirely) but is partially the fault of the original translation from Japanese. This chapter I stopped like halfway through because I just couldn't ignore all the stumbles and clumsy phrasing. and it's not like I'm someone who speaks English as a second language struggling to understand this, nor do I think I'm a poor reader. If anything that would've made this less of an issue because instead the problem with me is that I look at the 2nd page with "You never been here, did you?" and it's nails on a chalkboard.

heck, right from the beginning with the group's credits page being "the boji's" with an apostrophe I had a feeling things were going to go badly because apostrophes don't work that way.
Funny thing about the group name, yeah, I know it's wrong, I put it that way 3 or 4 years ago, and I just left it like that because I thought it was funny, The bojjis is how it should be, and I also did the Spanish version, and it wasn't released yet. I'll try to improve the praising and stuff I will continue doing and getting better for the anger of some (I have someone for English QC now, that's why next ch maybe be a few hours late)

Dex-chan lover
I don't think Koi-chan can win against this titty monster. :worry:

Maybe she can if Uehara repel Miyamoto away by acting like complete sperg in their upcoming amusement park date.

I updated the pages with (hopefully) more suitable dialogue, QC'd by yours truly. I tried my best as a native English speaker with some slang and other adjustments, but not being good at writing does hinder me in some aspects, along with not having the original raws to go off of. However, I hope that this update flows a little better than the previous version! Thank you guys for reading and let's hope my English was better 😭

Last edited:
Hi i do not use mtl i just do exactly what your group does with the spanish tl but with the br release, and i actually remember to clean all of the speech bubbles before uploading the chapters
I do appreciate your TLs because without you I would have to read this manga with the limited Portuguese I can understand with my Spanish knowledge. I’m a big fan in part to you continuing the English so thank you again. Sorry for spreading misinformation about the MTL because that’s all I was told and once again I do not do any work for the group or am in no way affiliated, I was just helping a friend w uploading with their justification. Thanks again and sorry for the misinformation from my end.

Dex-chan lover
Btw this is only half the chapter, I have the Young Animal issue at hand and all I will tell you is that she gets even more irritating.
She will be the one sperging out and there's an extremely lewd unprotected back hug

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Btw this is only half the chapter, I have the Young Animal issue at hand and all I will tell you is that she gets even more irritating.
She will be the one sperging out and there's an extremely lewd unprotected back hug
Which makes me wonder why this Scanlator group made ot a .1 chapter? Like what's the point if it isn't published this way why cut the chapter in half

Dex-chan lover
Which makes me wonder why this Scanlator group made ot a .1 chapter? Like what's the point if it isn't published this way why cut the chapter in half
Exactly.
I appreciate the effort nonetheless but it feels strange. By page count it was actually less than half.

Exactly.
I appreciate the effort nonetheless but it feels strange. By page count it was actually less than half.
From what I saw, the raw on Young Animal website releases the half chapters, which is why I think the group releases on that schedule. However, I have no way of confirming lmao.

Group Leader
So is this group also gonna snipe Kyo's/K4ZOKU's spanish version? Is that what we're saying?

Dex-chan lover
Does the upscale really look that terrible or it is because I'm using dark mode? I have no proplem looking at the pages.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I don't know about the "what are you doing, brother?" being necessary wrong because I have heard people say it, and you can literally google the same sentence. (but I guess that's considered bad grammar)

Users who are viewing this thread