Kakunaru Ue wa - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
So what exactly was that editor's advice? The female lead is... bad?... "Bad" how? Like poorly written? Drawn? Characterisation? Dialogue? This editor is poorly written for how completely useless he is, what is that advice he's giving? AND TO A CHILD!! :qq:

The story isn't about the editor, nor the failed manga, why do you want the author to spend so much time on stuff that doesn't matter instead of moving the story forward?

Dex-chan lover
why do you want the author to spend so much time on stuff that doesn't matter instead of moving the story forward?
Is a single line, or changing the line that's already there from "she's bad" to "her dialogues bad" really so difficult? Am I not allowed to find fault in things because the author worked hard?...
Didn't stop the editor, and at least my critique was specific.

Fed-Kun's army
So what exactly was that editor's advice? The female lead is... bad?... "Bad" how? Like poorly written? Drawn? Characterisation? Dialogue? This editor is poorly written for how completely useless he is, what is that advice he's giving? AND TO A CHILD!! :qq:
We already have him do that in the first chapter. No need to retread the same ground again.

Contributor
It says it's a Seinen, but it feels like a Shounen right now.
Nah, seinen magazine is incredibly varied.

From something like Young Jump (general seinen with gravure idols), Young Animal (more sensitive content), Kindai Mahjong (mahjong related manga only), Manga Time Kirara (moe seinen like K-ON and Bocchi The Rock), Afternoon (general seinen but also overlap with female audience), etc.

And this one specifically from Young Animal.

Nei

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, why isn't she the main character?
The story is clearly about the 2 of them, not just one. Also, even if in the future she wasn't given as much time even though she is at this moment clearly a protagonist, the growth of the mc as a person to fulfill his dreams and eventually be able to be honest with himself, be a better human being overall and date her is what we are all hoping to see.

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah, why would I want better details about an editor's interactions with a comic artist, in a comic about 2 comic artists trying to break into the industry? Silly me.
That is not the point of this chapter. The call with the editor had a purpose and it served it well.
Detailed explanations can happen again like they did in previous chapters, not every interaction has to go in depth or overstay its welcome.

Dex-chan lover
What do you mean? They are both the main characters. There's no rule stating that a story can have only one main character.
tbh we're clearly following the male MC's POV here. that's why we are getting the female lead's backstory in Ch. 9 and not ch. 1 like we did for the other. We don't get a truly full look into the female lead's mental monolouge too often either.

Just hope he doesn't close off and overdo it. It's like the editor said: he has problems with characters that can't be fixed by drawing and re-drawing. Still hearkening back to Ch. 1

ec6IRcb.png

he's getting better but it sounds like he needs maybe 20% more technical execution and 80% experience. You can't fix that kind of mindset while locked up in your room, trapped in your own mind.

Dex-chan lover
I like her expression top of page 6. Her bright smiles are also great.

Hard work is required to get good at drawing. Knowing someone else got there through sheer tenacity rather than talent helps a lot.

Nice parents. Yelling at their child for having dreams. Where I live, that's the kind of parents that will find themselves completely without kids once those kids turn 18.

Grandma's cool, though. If a bit stern.

Oh hey, he got encouraged by her Story instead of being forced inti doing Something.
And I see the latter way too often, and it's also too often treated as good. Quit reading some manga over that, like Your Lie in April. Actually that one was probably the anime, but whatevs.

Was I always such an emotional person ? I've been tearing up a bit too easily these days

Fed-Kun's army
This made me remember about a dialogue I read in another manga, it was somenthing along the lines of "I started liking it because some idiot said I'm good at it", not that grandma is an idiot but yeah. Love you, grandma, this made me tear up a little bit tbh :nyoron:

Users who are viewing this thread