Kami Skill (Kokyuu) Suru Dake De Level Up Suru Boku Wa, Kamigami No Dungeon E Idomu - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Double-page supporter
MC doesn't have to be kind about Purine being useless, you gotta set it straight or she could be in danger again. MC's simp over important shit, but they don't even go for a relationship. These beta males...

Aggregator gang
I can understand MC being oblivious about Purine's feelings when she clearly stated that she doesn't love him as a man but a brother (Something like "I never want to marry you"). Anyone would get used to that kind of behavior not taking it seriously.
But her being useless, having assassin go after her and not asking even a single thing is clearly stupid. His sister's life is on the line, yet he is taking a girl with him who thinks everything is a game. Not only that, she is clearly gotten in some kind of trouble (assassins) and MC thinks it is normal?

@KamiKira00 "But her being useless, having assassin go after her and not asking even a single thing is clearly stupid. His sister's life is on the line, yet he is taking a girl with him who thinks everything is a game. Not only that, she is clearly gotten in some kind of trouble (assassins) and MC thinks it is normal?"
She is not really useless, she has strength corresponding to her situation as a newbie adventurer, the problem here is that they've been met with circunstances that are out of norm. Which is no excuse to remove the girl from the party.
I'll say more, if the adventurers found her is because they've been tracking them. Which would make it even worse of an idea to simply remove her from team and leave her behind. Since then she'd be alone and a much easier target

Aggregator gang
@BloodySorcerer Useless part is not being able to defeat monsters but treating everything as if it was a game and constantly waiting for rescue. Enabling this kind of behavior is stupid if you want to save your sister. So either fix that behavior or drop her out.
You forgot about his sister, which is good reason to trow her out of his party if she fools around. If it wasn't life or death situation, then I would agree with you.

Ah geez, I'm actually trying to translate this it's been 4 days now, the redraw is what taking me so long, still at page 8.
well I guess I have to drop this, since there's already a release.

Dex-chan lover
@ak0ztik
Pick this up PLS Scans only does one chapter to bring attention to things. Since this manga has been 0 updates for 7 months.
Also it was machine translated so an actual translation will be better.

Aggregator gang
I don't get it, the receptionist said in chapter 1 that his breathing skills wasn't uncommon.

@BloodySorcerer
She is not really useless, she has strength corresponding to her situation as a newbie adventurer, the problem here is that they've been met with circunstances that are out of norm. Which is no excuse to remove the girl from the party.
So then you're admitting that she's useless due to the circumstances? If they were just leisurely adventuring childhood friends, sure it'd be a dick move by MC, but seeing how he has a very important and time sensitive goal to achieve he has an excellent excuse for excluding her.

If MC has something crazy like 30.000 times the growth of a regular person (getting a class to lvl 20 takes "a lifetime", 365 x 80 = 29200, so would take an average person ~30.000 days to do what he did in 1.), she's practically just a burden even from day 2 and the gap will keep increasing for every day that passes.

@Degernase
"So then you're admitting that she's useless due to the circumstances? If they were just leisurely adventuring childhood friends, sure it'd be a dick move by MC, but seeing how he has a very important and time sensitive goal to achieve he has an excellent excuse for excluding her.

If MC has something crazy like 30.000 times the growth of a regular person (getting a class to lvl 20 takes "a lifetime", 365 x 80 = 29200, so would take an average person ~30.000 days to do what he did in 1.), she's practically just a burden even from day 2 and the gap will keep increasing for every day that passes."

SHe is no burden. You guys are failing to address the situation. She is being followed by someone, you literally can't just leave her behind. In a way she is just in as much trouble as the MCs sister. Leaving her behind would be a worse move than it currently is. And even with the different growth rates, it won't change the fact she can still grow. And since she has the blessing of the witch skill, she should also grow pretty fast as a mage, which makes your calculation impractical since we can't ascertain how fast would she grow to say that she'll trully be a burden.
And If we go by the "useless due to the circumstances" argument, then MC is equally as useless since both of them were equally taken down by the same tactic.

Guys stop looking only at results, the "means" are just as important. You can never say that she is useless because she was never given the chance to fight. If the captors were more ruthless, no matter how much stronger MC is, compared to them, he would've been killed. He only managed to recover and murder those human garbage because the criminals were arrogant enough to consider themselves victorious and left MC behind, thinking that he'd be devoured by monsters.
This is literally not a situation in which you can ascertain a person's uselfulness and ability.

It's the main reason why people despise dirty tactics, because they are ultra effective and disregard things like ability and experience. The only way to deal with them would be by predicting it's usage, or being literally immune to some of them for some reason.

Aggregator gang
@BloodySorcerer
In a way she is just in as much trouble as the MCs sister. Leaving her behind would be a worse move than it currently is.
We don't really know whether she's being targeted directly or just had some unlucky run-ins with people attacking beginners.
I'll admit that if it's not random, MC has a good reason for bringing her.

And even with the different growth rates, it won't change the fact she can still grow. And since she has the blessing of the witch skill, she should also grow pretty fast as a mage
The witch skill is uncommon but its effects aren't unknown, if it's even 1/10th's of MC's growth skill everyone would have been freaking out about how lucky she is to have it.

You can never say that she is useless because she was never given the chance to fight.
Me calling her useless is 100% based on the difference in growth rate.

I mean take any game with a party. If one character receives 100 times more experience than everyone else, after a few days that character will be so much higher lvl that any fights appropriate for him to take on will have all the allies get 1 shotted.

Even if it's possible to protect the other members, the super high lvl character will be forced into a conservative playstyle in order to accomplish that. If the difference in strength is high enough, the allies contribution wont make up for sacrifices the strong character has to make.
Maybe you're not into games, but dragging along significantly lower level characters is nearly always a burden, not a boon.

And I'm saying this about 100 times the growth, even if the witch gives her twice the growth of regular people, MC would still have 15.000 times her growth.

Dex-chan lover
The fog was made a big deal, breathing the fog probably is what speeds up leveling, but getting someone with the "ueless" breathing skill to the fog area is probably really hard since stronger monsters appear near there.

Fed-Kun's army
This is probably one of the worst ways to make the skill op. Something simple and nice would be better. Like having the breathing skill actually allows you to maintain the perfect breathing for your current actions. So it would speed up your martial training or even your mana training by conditioning your body around your breathing. Even something like breathing underwater or in extreme environments by changing the very way you breathe, even maybe pulling out a cultivation setting and being able to breath through your entire body (pores).

@Degernase
"The witch skill is uncommon but its effects aren't unknown, if it's even 1/10th's of MC's growth skill everyone would have been freaking out about how lucky she is to have it."
Me calling her useless is 100% based on the difference in growth rate.
"I mean take any game with a party. If one character receives 100 times more experience than everyone else, after a few days that character will be so much higher lvl that any fights appropriate for him to take on will have all the allies get 1 shotted.
Even if it's possible to protect the other members, the super high lvl character will be forced into a conservative playstyle in order to accomplish that. If the difference in strength is high enough, the allies contribution wont make up for sacrifices the strong character has to make.
Maybe you're not into games, but dragging along significantly lower level characters is nearly always a burden, not a boon.
And I'm saying this about 100 times the growth, even if the witch gives her twice the growth of regular people, MC would still have 15.000 times her growth."

Let me tell you why the difference in growth rate won't be a problem. It doesn't matter how fast he grows, his body cannot simply keep up in comparison. By that I mean, he won't be able to go down the labyrinth as fast as he progresses in level.
Depending on how strong the witch blessing really is, say if she gets about 300x faster progression, then she'll still keep up with the floors of the dungeon even if the MC becomes a thousand times more powerful. Simply because they can't go down the dungeon at the same speed they can progress in levels. This way she'll never be useless, while being much weaker than him.

Aggregator gang
@BloodySorcerer
Let me tell you why the difference in growth rate won't be a problem. It doesn't matter how fast he grows, his body cannot simply keep up in comparison.
What are you basing the whole "his body can't keep up" theory on? Though lack of combat experience and mental maturity does limit the both of them. But that's only when compared to people on equal lvl, with high enough lvl he can just brute force his way against enemies.

Depending on how strong the witch blessing really is, say if she gets about 300x faster progression, then she'll still keep up with the floors of the dungeon even if the MC becomes a thousand times more powerful. Simply because they can't go down the dungeon at the same speed they can progress in levels.
If you're saying that her growth will be high enough that they can just keep going ever further down without repeating floors without her lvl starting to get too low, yeah okay fair enough in that case she wouldn't hold him back.

But this is assuming a lot. No one has made it to the bottom of this dungeon, meaning they need to be stronger than the strongest people in the world. MC can certainly grind up his OPness in a flash, but the same can't be said for the girl. Her skill isn't unique in any way, if she has such awesome growth thanks to it, and it's enough to defeat the dungeon, how come no one ever has?

@Degernase "What are you basing the whole "his body can't keep up" theory on? Though lack of combat experience and mental maturity does limit the both of them. But that's only when compared to people on equal lvl, with high enough lvl he can just brute force his way against enemies."

Time passes and leveling up fast won't make you immune to the need for sleep, food, more importantly it won't remove the maximum distance between your feet. meaning even if they rush, they can only clear a certain number of floors. It like how even with max level and stats in video games you can only cut so much time until the mere size of the place will become your sole detriment in how fast you progress. So even if he max levels in one day, he'd still only progress a limited number of floors. And that limitation would allow her to keep up.

"But this is assuming a lot. No one has made it to the bottom of this dungeon, meaning they need to be stronger than the strongest people in the world. MC can certainly grind up his OPness in a flash, but the same can't be said for the girl. Her skill isn't unique in any way, if she has such awesome growth thanks to it, and it's enough to defeat the dungeon, how come no one ever has?"

Simple, it may require more than just strength. Remember how in Arifureta, even though the entire Group of the MC was beyond max level in stats they still had some problems in some labyrinths because of traps, gimmicks and special tests? Death Mage has the same thing in Zakkart's Trial a dungeon no one had ever cleared before, where floors were filled with powerful monsters but the challenge wasn't just that. This is probably the situation here too.

Users who are viewing this thread