Kami Skill (Kokyuu) Suru Dake De Level Up Suru Boku Wa, Kamigami No Dungeon E Idomu - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Aggregator gang
@BloodySorcerer
Time passes and leveling up fast won't make you immune to the need for sleep, food, more importantly it won't remove the maximum distance between your feet. meaning even if they rush, they can only clear a certain number of floors.
Of course they need to rest. You're not getting my point.

For argument's sake, let's say the floor number corresponds to the level of monsters that inhabit it (lvl 1 monsters on floor 1, lvl 6 monsters on floor 6 etc.) and an adventurer needs to be the same level in order to be on even footing.
Now the girl needs to level up at least once on every single floor or the dungeon will begin to quickly out-level her more and more.

And this is keeping in mind that 20 levels is a "lifetime", the only solution would be that she also has some super amazing growth but nothing has hinted at that.

Simple, it may require more than just strength.
It's a fair assumption to make, but in the end it doesn't make sense that it has never been conquered unless there's an issue of raw power. Why? Because you can bruteforce your way through traps and tests, if enough people attempt them, some will pass. And people would obviously be zealous enough to do so for a dungeon that can supposedly grant you any one wish.

Also highlight the text in your reply box and click "quote" next to the smiley icon or type [,quote]TEXT YOU'RE QUOTING[,/quote]
Except there's not supposed to be a comma.

@Degernase
Of course they need to rest. You're not getting my point.

For argument's sake, let's say the floor number corresponds to the level of monsters that inhabit it (lvl 1 monsters on floor 1, lvl 6 monsters on floor 6 etc.) and an adventurer needs to be the same level in order to be on even footing.
Now the girl needs to level up at least once on every single floor or the dungeon will begin to quickly out-level her more and more.

And this is keeping in mind that 20 levels is a "lifetime", the only solution would be that she also has some super amazing growth but nothing has hinted at that.
That's the problem you see, It should be pretty realistic for someone to level up at a decent rate. In your situation, MC levels up much much faster than lifetime. In one little venture he reached a full lifetime*, while this means that he is free to clear multiple floors, it also means that it'll take him lots of months doing literally nothing because he can simply blitz to the exit. This means that the girl will be doing her job while he is walking, because there's still the matter of space to cover. Also take a look at this page: https://mangadex.org/chapter/781608/19
MC had been preparing himself to go to the dungeon he even mentioned that he was properly trained in using a sword and fighting without a weapon, Pudding girl had just come on an impulse after hearing about what happened to his sister. But even with his cheat there are only 11 levels in difference.

*(Also be reminded that the clerk was very specifc in saying that "normal people" take a full lifetime to reach level 20, which means that soldiers and adventurers can probably reach it much, much earlier, especially since MC met an Assassin, a higher class of Thief)

Edit:
After paying more attention, It looks like MCs ability is not as strong as we think. In the second chapter, Purine was keeping up with MC perfectly and she went all the way to tenth floor with him. MC progression only skyrocketed when he tried using the Breathing skill actively. He was normal when fighting the goblins, but then his dagger broke and he remembered what the clerk talked about his skill, that he should confirm it's usage. It was only after he used it, that he started seeing things go in slow motion. Which means that only from that moment onwards did he started ranking up.

Also according to the characters, Purine's skill allows her to gain experience everytime she casts a spell, which means that yes she can also level up incredibly fast, not fast as MC can, but outrageously fast. WHat this means is that she can easily level up during a hard fight, because each attack of hers is a progression towards a level. As a matter of fact her skill allows her to have this effect always active, while MC seems to have the need to activate the skill to use it.

It's a fair assumption to make, but in the end it doesn't make sense that it has never been conquered unless there's an issue of raw power. Why? Because you can bruteforce your way through traps and tests, if enough people attempt them, some will pass. And people would obviously be zealous enough to do so for a dungeon that can supposedly grant you any one wish.
I suggest you read the Death Mage WN(The Death Mage doesn't want a Fourth Time), which is one of the examples I gave you, it perfectly ilustrates how you can't simply brute force all challenges, in the very dungeon I described in my last comment. It is also a pretty damn fun read.

Lastly, given the new perspective I got from reading again, I think the Breathing skill may have some negatives, because it was cited as a really common skill. Which means that other users either didn't know how to use it properly or maybe they couldn't handle it. This is yet another possibility in how many have failed to clear the dungeon.

Aggregator gang
@BloodySorcerer
In one little venture he reached a full lifetime*, while this means that he is free to clear multiple floors, it also means that it'll take him lots of months doing literally nothing because he can simply blitz to the exit. This means that the girl will be doing her job while he is walking, because there's still the matter of space to cover.
When you say walking, you mean the distance of walking from one floor to the next? I'm not following you, what is the purpose or cause of MC having to spend months doing literally nothing.

MC had been preparing himself to go to the dungeon he even mentioned that he was properly trained in using a sword and fighting without a weapon, Pudding girl had just come on an impulse after hearing about what happened to his sister. But even with his cheat there are only 11 levels in difference.
I'm still of the opinion that their current strength gap isn't significant but the different growth will cause that gap to become enormous.
After paying more attention, It looks like MCs ability is not as strong as we think.
The growth is the really OP part, the slowmotion is just extra icing. And yeah people obviously can't or don't know how to use it, or it's something super compatible with MC.
Also according to the characters, Purine's skill allows her to gain experience everytime she casts a spell, which means that yes she can also level up incredibly fast, not fast as MC can, but outrageously fast
We don't know the strength of her growth, for all we know she gets "10 exp" when casting a spell but MC gets 10000 when taking a breath. Also she can only acquire experience for mage type jobs which limits her a lot compared to MC.

I suggest you read the Death Mage WN(The Death Mage doesn't want a Fourth Time), which is one of the examples I gave you, it perfectly ilustrates how you can't simply brute force all challenges
No, theoretically you can. It's like the monkeys with typewriters rewriting shakespears entire work word for word. (Or how ever the thought experiment goes).
I struggle to see how there are any traps or puzzles that can't be solved if you throw enough adventurers at it, unless it only opens up to the chosen hero in plot armor.

When you say walking, you mean the distance of walking from one floor to the next? I'm not following you, what is the purpose or cause of MC having to spend months doing literally nothing.

I say nothing because he won't get anything from fighting those enemies, he needs to "breathe", if the enemy is too weak he'll instantly kill them he won't gain a thing. So it's pretty much the same as just walking to his destination

The growth is the really OP part, the slowmotion is just extra icing. And yeah people obviously can't or don't know how to use it, or it's something super compatible with MC.

The problem is the limitation, if he needs to breathe to gain experience during a fight while he uses the skill, he'll start getting gradually less experience because he'll eventually kill everything way too fast. This will be the natural result of him power leveling though having multiple jobs, so each of his levels will be more powerful than that of a normal person who can only follow a normal progression.

We don't know the strength of her growth, for all we know she gets "10 exp" when casting a spell but MC gets 10000 when taking a breath. Also she can only acquire experience for mage type jobs which limits her a lot compared to MC.

From the description the amount of experience seems comparable to that of the MC, with the only difference being that MC's is more efficient in that he can easily breathe more often than Purin can cast spells, that said we don't know if number of affected enemies count when it comes to the experience she gets, if so, then her ability is actually very efficient and they difference in growth between her and MC will be much smaller than we think.

No, theoretically you can. It's like the monkeys with typewriters rewriting shakespears entire work word for word. (Or how ever the thought experiment goes).
I struggle to see how there are any traps or puzzles that can't be solved if you throw enough adventurers at it, unless it only opens up to the chosen hero in plot armor.

Which is why I suggested you to read the series. There are actually many pitfalls that can be exploited to make a challenge impossible to beat no matter how many people are trying to clear it. Example, a Labyrinth with invulnerable, slick and tall walls, it forces you to clear the hard way no matter how strong you are that you could break normal walls. Or how about a challenge which exploits logical fallacies?even the smart would be trapped by that one, It would require someone that thinks absolutely out of the box to clear that one.
Or how about a riddle that was made using reverse logic to that how people are raised in that world? Anyone who follows the precepts of religion or are well versed within that worlds science, would face a wall they cannot surpasss, all because the question works on rules that literally challenge everything they know. Even in real life there are issues that no scientist in the world can currently solve. No matter how many tried or how smart tehy were, they still failed to solve them.

I dont get why Purine lied that she didnt like him romantically only to like him romantically, but its an enjoyable read to edge over the time

Dex-chan lover
I thought his skill would be something like he never gets tired as long as he breathes so he can train for as long as he wants, but this is pretty fucking stupid. And what's with the map, that doesn't make any fucking sense. This is pretty shit I gotta say.

ummm I'll honestly say, fuck you Purine. You don't get to have a cake and eat it too. At that point you no longer have the fucking cake. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH> STOP MAKING IT WEIRD.

She told him she's not thirsty for him, and now she wants him to fuck her? Logic out the window faster than a Lambo

Thanks for the chapter!
I wonder what Kurokiri was really up to. If she (assuming because of sarashi only covering upper torso rather than whole torso,) was evil then would have killed Lana instead of threatening him. Could be she thought he was with other two guys trying to kidnap Purine and backed off realizing he was trying to save Purine. Although why didn'g guild saying anything about Kurokiri when he turned in those two? Also, how did he get those two to the guild considering they probably weigh about 150 or so each and there are monsters wandering around.
As for why it's good to keep his leveling up quickly just by breathing a secret it's to avoid attracting bad attention. Disreputable people might try to force him into their party so can force him to carry them farther than they can get on their own abilities, or others might pull mean tricks or attack him due to jealousy from having to spend months or years to get to their levels, or go after him from misplaced pride feeling he's just an upstart and making them look bad.

Purine really needs to be more honest with her feelings and tell MC things, especially after telling him earlier on that wanted him by her side as a brother rather than a boyfriend. Men aren't mind readers and he's not going to realize her feelings have changed if she doesn't tell him. As for that last comment, seems rookie killing has become popular lately. Wonder if all that murder shows up in their status or if they just don't go to the guild anymore considering those lvl5s were wanted criminals but were still able to wander around town.

"the quicker u breathe the quicker u get xp"
yeah of course suddenly it works as soon as the story starts

Double-page supporter
Now that's just DumBo, introducing yourself to an assassin, i mean why not he's your friendly neighbourhood sp.... Assassin

Double-page supporter
It's not baka, it's called braindead at this level of misunderstanding

Users who are viewing this thread