Kamigami ni Sodaterare Shimo no, Saikyou to Naru - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
They're overprotective in the craziest way, lol.
The "We're gonna break your legs so you can't leave us" kind of way.

Dex-chan lover
I like how Reus is the cool grandpa while the three other gods are insane helicopter parents.

Dex-chan lover
Bleh. Faraway Paladin’s Will has a more emotional farewell with his “parents”. Comparing the two directly, it seems like the author is trying to show off in an attempt to appear different, but it’s coming off... as uninspired, I guess.

Compared to Mother Mary, Father Vlad/Blood, and Grandpa Gus, these three seem... selfish. Except Vandal or Reus, I suppose, which makes it an exact opposite scenario— Mary and Vlad & Vandal go easy while Gus & Goddess and Ronin go hard...

I understand that godly beings aren’t supposed to be compared to humans or even have the same set of values in various religions or mythologies, but... ugh. Rather than parents he aspires to live up to, he’s got three parents (gods) that he’s overly impressing and will possibly be outdoing.

Thought their tests would be something like hunt 10 dragons or cut the sky or something.

Dex-chan lover
@Silverspark
Cutting the sky would definitely be a rather impressive feat to impress a god, wouldn’t it?

I think Vandal was holding back, by making a trial that seemed impossible, but was rather easy if you had ways of playing with the rules.

No idea about Ronin though. If Will’s allowed to participate, it’ll probably end as easily.

Aggregator gang
Your winrar trial has expired please buy the full version of winrar

Dex-chan lover
And it then all ends in the cliche where the 3 sit around a table proud of the test they did all for him

True, this is faraway paladin without the beautiful drama and made shounen.

Bookmarked

Users who are viewing this thread