Kamio Yui wa Kami wo Yui

Fed-Kun's army
Why are the chapters listed if they aren't uploaded? You'd think it would be pretty fucking obvious that people would find it on another site if they wanted to read it there. That said, it's not worth finding. This is basically just Fudatsuki no Kyoko-chan with an insufferable trust fund baby MMC and a standard Mary Sue FMC, plus the same incessant gag comedy act that seems to plague every manga with this old-fashioned artstyle.

Dex-chan lover
@mommunism There's an announcement right at the top of the website right now about it.
MangaPlus support

We also have another announcement to make regarding a new site feature.

MangaPlus is the official aggregator of Shonen Jump and Shueisha. The chapters they publish are completely free for everyone to read. We've decided to support them by linking to their chapters on our own series listings. The chapters will redirect you to the MangaPlus website to read the chapter, but you can still comment on the chapter here on MangaDex in our chapter threads. Please shower them with your continued support!

We aren't in any way affiliated with MangaPlus nor were we asked to do this.
We may choose to support other free publishers in the future, but it would require users to assist us with the chapter submissions. M+ will be our trial run.

Also, this in response to the complaints

In the near future you will be able to hide groups that you don't wish to appear.

And the dead links argument doesn't work, because we will be making dead links unavailable, so they wouldn't appear usually (unless you choose to enable them).

In addition, we have no plans to stop hosting other chapters, so I'm not sure where that idea came from.

Linking to free official chapters has been a highly requested feature, so at least some people want this. Judging by the comments here and elsewhere, it would appear there is an overwhelming majority who do support this. Those of you who don't like it - wait for the ability to hide groups.

If you're interested in more of what might be in the thread but already closed the announcement or something, it's right here.

Fed-Kun's army
@Glomoro If I can hide them with a single button I don't have much of a problem with it. For now though, it's just annoying to have a chapter shown as available and then get linked somewhere else. I feel like this wouldn't pass for any other form of media. If YT showed a video and clicking it just gave you a link to Vimeo people would hate that shit. It's a pointless feature, people who like Vimeo would go to it in the first place. It's also deceptive not to flag them any differently, and even if they were flagged it's just going to clog the feed of anybody that dislikes the alternative readers. Showing a colored link or something on the manga page would be much more transparent and convenient.

Dex-chan lover
@mommunism I agree it's annoying as it stands. If I were them, I wouldn't have even started this until the implementation of the group thing was completed and we could just disable notifications about MangaPlus "uploads." I'm not sure why they didn't want to wait for that.

Aggregator gang
OMG the Author! He finally came out with something new! WE NEED MASS RELEASES

When I saw the old art I wanted to cry.... uuu.. it looks so much like Nurarhyon

Don't bother with the publishers site, it is shit, it constantly jumps back up a few pages and you can't use the arrow keys.

Not only is this from the author of Nurarihyon no Mago but it’s also a shared universe... I seriously did not expect that.

Dex-chan lover
@Krusek I don't like their reader either, but it really didn't take me longer than a few pages of a series to get used to its crap controls. Definitely lots of room for improvement, maybe they'll listen to feedback people give them (the reader here is great and all but they didn't build its current form in a day).

That said I'd probably end up reading stuff like this on some aggregator if I can find it on one anyway just because of the chapter gaps any of their stuff will tend to have. I don't feel like reading three chapters there, x chapters elsewhere, three more chapters there. Naver/Line Webtoons seems to be about where I'd prefer most of these kinds of official free reader sites to start heading with their business models.

Dex-chan lover
UGH! i would love to read this but it's missing so many chapters its not even funny

EDIT: SERIOUSLY!!! WERE THE RAWS FOR CHAPTERS 7-21 LOST?!!

Ngl i post interest half way when the harlem builds up. I mean I'm fine with small harem but this harem is quite annoying.

Dex-chan lover
Shipping Kiito with Ebi much more.
They both deserve companionship in their suffering.

Users who are viewing this thread