Kamisama ga Mitenai kara - Vol. 3 Ch. 16

Group Leader
Joined
Jan 26, 2023
Messages
266
another world Sakuya could've been an insane twist if they had the time to build him up properly and gave him an actual purpose. overall I'm satisfied with the story

the artist recently started a Monster Strike spin-off centered on Lucifer eating stuff. might peek that one cuz their art is insanely good and more importantly... Lucifer is hot
 
Last edited:
Group Leader
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
2,919
Why are my onee-shota manga getting cancelled? :angery:

89af2383-f75b-4f57-a7fc-1b154655620d.png

(click to zoom)

Yea this was axed. RIP. Good ride anyways. Stay tuned for the extra chapter anyway.
definitely feels like this got axed. still so many unanswered questions
Good riddance. Glad it got axed.
another world Sakuya could've been an insane twist if they had the time to build him up and have him an actual purpose. overall I'm satisfied with the story

the artist recently started a Monster Strike spin-off centered on Lucifer eating stuff. might peek that one cuz their art is insanely good and more importantly... Lucifer is hot
What could have been if the story wasnt forced to end. Curse you axe-kun!!!

I think this might be an axe of creative differences.

I didn't know there was a one-shot, but from the looks of it, it seems the author holds that version more dearly. Maybe there was something about the world building that required what he wanted from that version of the characters? I hope this is not another case of the editors interfering too much with the authors vision.... it usually kills the work.

I felt like, and I have no proof, the acceleration was because author wanted to reach something he planned in his roadmap AT THE BARE MINIMUM. And that point is connected to his original vision of the one-shot characterization. Like a return to true form?
I have no idea how this works, I'm just salty. :notlikethis:



EDIT:

Upon researching further, it seems like the illustrator and the author could have split apart. Maybe the illustrator was the one to move on? Mugino Inu is both the author and artist of the new Lucifer series. Lucifer's Loose Cooking is actually an official comedic food spin-off for Monster Strike one of the highest-grossing mobile games in Japan.

If Mugino Inu was offered this huge solo opportunity while Because God isn't Watching was already struggling against editorial "commercialization" or low ratings, it would make perfect professional sense to wrap up the joint project so the illustrator could jump straight into their major new solo series.

So maybe....

Under these conditions, Isumi Kaoru (author) and Mugino Inu (illustrator) likely agreed to sprint to the finish line so they could tie the main story back to their original one-shot blueprint before parting ways. They have worked together several times making them a creative-duo who see their works beyond transactional collaborations and more like a true creative partnership. A supportive author wouldn't want to trap their frequent collaborator in a compromised, stalling manga. By agreeing to accelerate the ending and tie it neatly back to their original one-shot, they weaponized the pacing to save the core identity of their work.

Being backed into corner by corporate demands, it's was their way of preserving their initial vision rather than letting it fizzle out or be handed to a different artist.
 
Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Dec 3, 2023
Messages
2,696
Sometimes it feels like manga publishers have some rule that the authors are strictly prohibited from explicitly stating that their manga was axed. No way in hell this guy was "able to draw up to the point [he'd] envisioned." (Unless that point was ch1 or something.)
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Dec 11, 2023
Messages
1,901
Thx for the TL

This was alright, clear it was axed and reading the above comments, looks like there was creative differences. Sad to see when the core team working on a manga splits up, but hope they find happiness and success in their next works. I will say the art is very nice, I hope to see the artist's next work, hopefully maybe less echi (unless its an adult romcom ecchi, that im totally down for)

Overall 6-6.5
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Oct 23, 2018
Messages
149
You know except for the "I wish it had more chapters" I honestly can't complain that much about this.
It didn't blow me away or anything but I had an ok time with this, 6/10.
Probably could've gone somewhere cool if it had a longer run time but they can't be all winners. :v
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top