Kamisama ga Mitenai kara - Vol. 3 Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Apr 3, 2024
Messages
2,257
Wow what an incredible waste of time. I am still grateful for the translation but I got nothing but complaints, even when it was clear the story was being forced to to end I remember the author still wasting time.
He could at least be honest and not bullshit us saying that he got to where he wanted.

The axe was deserved.

Why does this has a score of 8? Who gave it a 10 and why?
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Oct 23, 2018
Messages
150
Thx for the TL

This was alright, clear it was axed and reading the above comments, looks like there was creative differences. Sad to see when the core team working on a manga splits up, but hope they find happiness and success in their next works. I will say the art is very nice, I hope to see the artist's next work, hopefully maybe less echi (unless its an adult romcom ecchi, that im totally down for)

Overall 6-6.5
If you had not seen it already "Lucifer's Loose Cooking" is a newish Manga with the same Artist and its pretty neat so far! (And Less Ecchi as well)
edit: Actually just realised the Artist is also the Author! lol
 
Supporter
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
1,267
This feels like a combination of both needing a slower burn on the mysteries and to either justify the shota being such a prude (considering how short this ran especially). The romance doesn’t really have an organic way to progress considering the dynamic setup and there not really being a reason for Sakuya to address and progress his affection.

It feels like there was not enough of a clear direction cemented beyond the oneshot. It’s funny, I decided to hold off until the final chapter was translated to finish it, reading it in one go I can’t even be dissapointed with how truncated the final few chapters are. It kinda highlights how poorly planned things were even from the initial premise.

It was a good attempt but not really a successful mystery or romance honestly. Stellar art and some cute moments but structurally flawed.

Thanks for the finishing the TL.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Sep 8, 2018
Messages
1,035
Would someone be kind and tell me what happened since, dunno, half the chapters? I stopped reading it properly and just skimmed. This seemed quite sudden so maybe I was right to do so? It seems like they found another human being or smth. I do remember them having some powers and it increases if someone is exited or smth. Nothing else.
 
Supporter
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
1,267
Would someone be kind and tell me what happened since, dunno, half the chapters? I stopped reading it properly and just skimmed. This seemed quite sudden so maybe I was right to do so? It seems like they found another human being or smth. I do remember them having some powers and it increases if someone is exited or smth. Nothing else.
I caught up on all of the chapters and it was pretty cute hijinks with one chapter setting up further mystery around oneechan but overall it was moving at a glacial pace. Everything happens really in chapter 15 and 16 narrative wise, the clearly rushed pacing kills the mystery and there was zero progress on the romance prior anyway so it's quite unfulfilling in all aspects.
Why does this has a score of 8? Who gave it a 10 and why?
The initial 2 or 3 chapters were really good table setting for the series, it just span it's wheels and was pretty much a slice of life much more than a mystery or romance. The setup for the romance is great, the setup for the mystery is great, the world especially supported by the art is incredibly engrossing. The actual payoff as you get into the second volume is non existent. I think most people gave it a strong initial rating, I know I did and then forgot about it when there was a lull in released chapters. If you come back to the ending having skipped 10 chapters you've barely missed anything ironically.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 9, 2020
Messages
3,014
Would have at least like for a kiss, the art was at least enjoyable
oh well, can't have things you want sometimes in life
ty for tling all those chapters
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Sep 8, 2018
Messages
1,035
I caught up on all of the chapters and it was pretty cute hijinks with one chapter setting up further mystery around oneechan but overall it was moving at a glacial pace. Everything happens really in chapter 15 and 16 narrative wise, the clearly rushed pacing kills the mystery and there was zero progress on the romance prior anyway so it's quite unfulfilling in all aspects.

The initial 2 or 3 chapters were really good table setting for the series, it just span it's wheels and was pretty much a slice of life much more than a mystery or romance. The setup for the romance is great, the setup for the mystery is great, the world especially supported by the art is incredibly engrossing. The actual payoff as you get into the second volume is non existent. I think most people gave it a strong initial rating, I know I did and then forgot about it when there was a lull in released chapters. If you come back to the ending having skipped 10 chapters you've barely missed anything ironically.
Thanks. Also, it is exactly as you say. It was really quite a great setting and I was prepping for the tropes such as finding other people and whatnot. That's why I stopped reading it really.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top