Kamitachi ni Hirowareta Otoko - Vol. 10 Ch. 48 - Second Store Complete

Group Leader
9 months is…uh…a lot. How was the vacation lol
9 months of nothing and then a release in 2 hours.
I guess this is why competition is a good thing.
It's mostly just that I've been focused on University and finally have had free time for the first time in 9 months. Last time I uploaded anything myself was in October.

Anyways, new chapters in under 9 months guaranteed

Supporter
Thanks for the chapter.

One question: you sure that "Please tell me to do my best" is correct?
Sounds weird in that context...
Because the correct translation would be "Please tell her (for me/in my place) to do her best."

I guess they just used MTL or something because that was very obviously wrong in that context.

Edit: did they just straight up ignore your comment and answered everyone else lmao?

Group Leader
Because the correct translation would be "Please tell her (for me/in my place) to do her best."

I guess they just used MTL or something because that was very obviously wrong in that context.

Edit: did they just straight up ignore your comment and answered everyone else lmao?
I'm not the TL, so nothing for me to really reply to myself?
Also our TL hates MTL lmao.
I'll check the line with them for confirmation, we're always happy to fix stuff if we get it wrong.

Edit: just reread it and yeah... I think when I was PRing it I took a break there and just assumed it was him asking her to encourage him and left it there. Will post correction shortly, ty
(Side note: corrections are always very welcome on our discord server! I rarely check mangadex comments...)

Dex-chan lover
I just did a comparison of the two versions:

- Shit Scans is overall a bit better at polishing the words, keep them short and easy to understand. However there are some translations that get a bit astray from its original meaning, or just doesn't make sense. They do clean their sfx and do all the small speech bubbles, which is pretty amazing because doing that sucks/ain't easy at all.

- the other version don't polish words much, so sentences are longer, but they are understandable, and even easier to understand in some cases. As they are probably doing it alone, they don't do the sfx or the small speech bubbles bc that requires lots of work tbh.

some examples where the Shit Scans translation are a bit hard-to-understand, or very much different compared to the other version:

Edit: page 16, where Ryoma was talking about how he loves people enjoying meals that he made, is much easier to understand in the other version.

page 17: Ryoma was asking if this guy knows the 3 people he saved, and the reply in:
Shit Scans: "Yes, they come to this guild and are originally from Lenaf after all" ? I don't really get that.
other version: "Yes, since we belong to the same guild and are from Lenaf" much easier to understand tbh.

also on this page, they talked about arresting those 2 evil people, and for some reasons the translations are very different:
Shit Scans: "They didn't know the boar had been defeated either..."
other version: "Without realizing they were wanted..."

Idk the raw and Idk Japanese either, so I can't judge that, just curious why the translations are so different.

the explanation in page 18 about the fake guild cards, imo, is much easier to understand in the other version.

on page 19, the talk about the 2 evil people's punishment are also different:
Shit Scans: "They were sentenced to slavery for life, with at least 5 years of forced labor in the mines". (SO they are now slaves, but first they have to work in the mine for 5 years?)
other version: "They will either face over 5 years of forced labor in the mines, or indefinite slavery".

again, still don't know Japanese, can't judge it.

anw, there are other small differences, I'm too lazy to point out all of them. However, there's one thing the other version did better, is including info about the meal Ryoma made!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Official or not doesn't matter. Most sites list the title as The Man Picked Up by the Gods, including has been the webnovel and litenovel for damn near a decade...
if you have beef with how Mangadex works, take it up with them, whining to me won't help. Or maybe email the official english team and tell them how wrong they are, maybe that will help lol

Anw, at least official translation in this case sounds pretty nice and true to the story, unlike some other official translations.

Dex-chan lover
Here I thought there were 2 new chapters. Well at least I got to see Miyabi being a tsundere waifu twice.

Users who are viewing this thread