Kamitachi ni Hirowareta Otoko

I am a fan of this series..
I've considered to buy the official book before bcause the scans group has dropped it, but i can't afford it anymore.
My pay has been cut since our sale is going down because of this whole pandemic thing..
So when i saw that someone has updated it, I'M SO FREAKIN HAPPY THAT I ALMOST DROPPED MY PHONE! Holdin on fan-scanlation is the best way possible for me right now to enjoy this..
So, let me say this, I THANK YE FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!! 🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️

Thanks to the translators and groups that picked this up. This is one of my favorites and was getting nervous it wasn’t being translated anymore.

@MrTrickyFingers i totally get what you mean, would have gone great with the "abandoned child" setup, something like not knowing the lenguage would have worked
honestly, i dont remember if he has a translation skill or they just conveniently also speak japanese

This suffers from the same problems every other isekai has except instead of magic capable of doing everything, slimes do everything.

It’s heartwarming of course and I’ve been reading it since it came out but man I just cannot relate to the mushy relationship stuff. I’m a jaded asshole and I just want the old man/kid to go back to the forest or do some solo adventuring or continue slime research. The onslaught of new characters and warm fuzzy moments are gonna rot out my teeth. I’m still gonna read new chapters OBVIOUSLY but I am glad the releases are spaced out.

Contributor
@Yorochav:

I'm sorry that you have these problems with mushy stuff. An even diet of fluffy mush does wonders for the constitution, for those of us not digestively averse to it. XD

That said, I do feel this series is occasionally a bit forced/heavy handed with its "and now there will be the heartwarming moment" stuff, mind. It goes... oddly when interwoven awkwardly with both the "oh look, I killed some bandits" sort of stuff and the random overt philosophizing-about-fantasy-world-vs-back-home-in-Japan. Like it was written by someone who deeply wanted wholesome interactions but only sort-of understood how to put them together cohesively in the world and narrative.

(Like, if you're going to go wholesome, don't have the man-kid be so emotionally damaged that he feels insecure depending on others and then
have him strike out for independence the moment he realizes he's at-all-dependent on his adoptive family. Or if you're going to do that, acknowledge fully that that's what's happening and that it's a sad thing, rather than painting it as some sort of necessary bittersweet Man's Journey (from the audience's perspective, anyway. It totally makes sense if that's how this character internalizes it). Or if the audience is supposed to be smart enough to figure that out for themselves, don't treat them like idiots that need everything spelled out at all other times.
The tone just feels wrong, occasionally, subtly dissonant in a clumsy way. Not sure if author's or artist's fault there.)

To be clear, I personally love this series so far simply because it hasn't reneged on it's initial promise to be about a tired old young man finding solace and warmth in a generally warm-hearted world and new life. I was originally expecting it to lose all of that energy past the first couple episodes and go down the generic well-oiled "I am stronk and have many womens" isekai route. So as long as that stays true, the fact that I sometimes feel it's very clumsily written and occasionally even hammy, is not going to get in the way of my enjoyment of it at this point.

...Oh dear, I have rambled on. I'm sorry, most of this is practically me talking to myself at this point, and quite besides the point of what you said. (It's like 3 AM here, I'm going to blame that.)

Users who are viewing this thread