Kanan-sama wa Akumade Choroi - Ch. 103 - The Ever Excitable Kanan-Sama?

Dex-chan lover
"NTR officially sanctioned by the heavens" is such a cursed sentence

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I hope this turns out great because the last Weekly Shonen Magazine manga I saw with a pageant arc was Medaka Kuroiwa and that turned off like half of the readers
That one went offrails into a trainwreck the moment the ugly basket girl got introduced as rival.

It's annoying how the author got to force this event in such a dumb way even in an already dumb manga... Oh well, when all the side characters are made that way in the first place, I guess that's how it should be

Dex-chan lover
I haven't seen a lot of pageant arcs, myself, but if they're the reason the readers for series drops in numbers, then I can only guess it's because the female cast became like those in real life pageants: they become sellouts, relinquishing their bodies for fame, glory, or what have you and begin their paths to self-destruction in both themselves and their own image.

Here, however, it just works, because the majority of the female cast are already depraved, with some being sellouts of a religion in its derogatory form, and you can't really destroy one's image that's already been broken from the start, all for the sake of the series being portrayed as a comedy. So however this pageant will play out may be a hit-or-miss, but there may not be much change to the reader numbers by the end of it.
I finally got my answer (in here) of my question at previous chapter about miss pageant. I never read kuroiwa medaka since the first chapter already feels off to me. But i have a fond memory of miss pageant in beelzebub. I think it happened twice in the story. It was very interesting. Well my memory can be wrong since i read that long time ago. I need to reread it again

Fed-Kun's army
At least author isn't afraid of callilng the Janne situation for what it is.

And again they're making Kyougi the prize when he wouldn't go to the onsen with a girl other than Kanan.

Users who are viewing this thread