Kanojo ni Naritai Kimi to Boku - Vol. 3 Ch. 29 - What We Don't Talk About When We Talk About Love

aahh same. but i did try dating. felt like i was really inlove. but after a while i just feel sad and empty again. we break up and repeat.
so now I just stopped dating or looking for a partner. I thought maybe it wasn't for me. my friends already treat me like their mom so...

lil bro, if you ever read this, please give mom her grandkids

Double-page supporter
brooooo this is so wholesome wtf why am i actually crying rn ♥

Group Leader
There are also people who are single at heart, and feel best when not in a relationship despite not being ace. Also, asexual and aromatic are not mutually exclusive. You can be one, or both. So sensei could be getting some action on the side for all we know. 😉

Dex-chan lover
@youkari It's funny how slippery definitions are. I mean, there are people who are aromantic but like sex outside of a relationship. And then there are other people where there's nothing deep going on, they just sleep around and do one night stands because they're assholes. I do feel there's a significant distinction between the two groups, but it's hard to come up with a definition that describes it . . .

im romantic but asexual. getting hit on is very awkward, i dont want to hurt any feelings but its hard to express ˋim only attracted to friendsˋ. it probably feels similar for a lesbian who is hit on by a guy. i think more people should respect boundaries and not assume that every1 is like them with regards to how romantic/sexual feelings work

also my desire to actually buy this manga from japan is getting very strong. every chapter is so good

Fed-Kun's army
@dancingonceocodiles That sounds a bit like demiromatic, only being romantically interested in someone you’re already close to. I consider myself a heteroromantic asexual, as I’m interested in the idea of romance and have had crushes, but the idea of sex does not appeal to me.

Double-page supporter
Senpai dropping a "you gotta love yourself before you can love anybody else, can I get an amen"

I’m crying because this reflects my aromantic experience so much?? From not feeling romantic love and knowing I never will, to being pressured about dating and marriage by friends and family who don’t understand, and feeling alienated by people who can’t even fathom a world without romantic attraction when I try to explain it.

And the end where Akira explains that Sasaki-sensei is still someone full of (platonic) love is something I’ve always believed about myself but I’m glad that it was said here for anyone who needed to hear it.

I’m also really happy this talked about specifically romantic love instead of “liking people” or “being attracted”, because that gives it room for getting confused and/or conflated with asexuality. Sorry for being super excited and happy over this, it’s just that this is one of the first examples of positive aromantic representation I’ve seen in any media that felt real and natural to me, so I’m gushing (ᗒᗣᗕ)՞

Dex-chan lover
@AnonDePlume Missing my point in at least two ways. First, I was talking about a definition, while you supplied me with a term. Second, your term looks like a term for the first group in question, whereas I was looking for a way to define the distinction between (1) your aromantic allosexuals and (2) plain old assholes. I am convinced there is a significant distinction but as I say, both have the same pattern when looked at superficially, so we need a better definition.

honestly this chapter made me finally realize that this is truly a magnum opus

Dex-chan lover
@Purplelibraryguy

First I just wanna say that sleeping around doesn't make you an asshole. I'm grey ace myself so I don't do that, but unless you're spreading STIs and hurting people on purpose then I say ho it up as much as you want.

Anyways, the difference between aro allosexuals and people that just sleep around is that not all people in the first group have sex all the time. Not experiencing romantic attraction doesn't automatically make you more likely to have constant one night stands. Romantic allosexuals can do the same thing, so there isn't really a need to define the "second group."

DCR

These kind of chapters remind me how I ran away from feelings and, therefore, hadn’t grew up one bit in junior ~ high years. Fuck.

Double-page supporter
always knew teacher was based but damn. i know im just saying what other folk have said but this hits hard as an aro enby. definitely bumping this story to at least a 9/10

Dex-chan lover
I'm crying from how much I relate so much to sensei. As someone who does want to become a teacher one day and aromantic; I hope I can be great like him. There are some characters I've seen in anime/manga who are aromantic/asexual but never truly talk about it. Glad this one did.

Users who are viewing this thread