Kanojo ni Naritai Kimi to Boku - Vol. 4 Ch. 44 - What Is Love?

Does she...does she want a queerplatonic relationship?! I have almost never seen any representation of it anywhere! I’m so happy! ☺️ This is one of my absolute favorite comics.

Fed-Kun's army
@Ceiye I've only heard queerplatonic used in the context of aromantic people. There it was used to define a relationship that was mostly a deep friendship, but with some elements usually associated with a romantic relationship. E.g. two aromantics who live together and are married, but don't have a physical relationship of any kind. But that sort of queerplatonic isn't applicable here since Akira and Hime aren't aromantic. I guess queerplatonic is a pretty broad term though. I'm not against them being in some other type of queerplatonic relationship; I'm just not certain what a relationship like that is like, especially in the context of both of them also seeming to want monogamous romantic relationships.

@mirewitch I only know one example of a real life queerplatonic couple. Neither of them are aromatic, and they live together in a way very similar to a married couple. Their finances are also linked, I think. They both have romantic partners. But it can work any number of ways. To me, honestly, romance and romantic norms are deeply confusing, and the wide range of queerplatonic relationships I have heard of are interesting.

Also, it’s just nice to see people prioritize relationships that aren’t familial or romantic. People act like friends don’t really matter a lot of the time. Or people don’t have actual intimacy outside of family and romance. So this is refreshing.

Double-page supporter
i think the idea of "a relationship that transcends the label that is couple" (or just something along the lines of "our relationship can't be boxed in words") is a pretty common trope in GL, and fits right along with "i don't love you because you're a woman, i love you for the person you are" (that literally showed up a few chapters earlier lmao) which is a trope with some nice pan undertones too. so in that case i would argue queerplatonic relationships are actually all over the place.

imo, it's mostly just a writer's way of making characters be gay without ever calling them gay, but if you interpret it that way, yeah i think that could be an awesome way the series could head in

Fed-Kun's army
@Zephyr247 Yeah, I suppose queerplatonic is a really broad term so there are lots of ways of interpreting it. I guess I'll just need to see how Akira articulates what she wants in future chapters to get a better sense of what kind of relationship she wants to have.

I've never heard of the term "queerplatonic" before. Learn something new everyday.
I don't think I really understand how that term would look like in action though? Maybe I'll find out...

Dex-chan lover
queerplatonic is just another word for bondmate
think myrmidon soldiers bonding with each other, beyond love and friendship, inseparable

Queerplatonic relationship seems like such a lovely concept, I'm learning so much reading this.

So many comments going in about the context of the chapter, then there's the rest of us idiots who got stuck on "baby don't hurt me" after seeing the chapter title 😂

Truly the duality of man

Users who are viewing this thread