Kanojo ni Naru Hi

@Walter_vi_Britannia Hey, thanks for the novel recommendation. I'll definitely give it a try because this manga really makes me want more "gender bender" done right. There is spin off created by same author which I haven't read (probably, will do whenever I get off time from job)

As for the harem.. err you're not alone. I also dislike harem. I always find them drag and unrealistic for my taste for romance. The concept of harem always felt like, "hey meet me and my whole "girl" only school, we all are going to fall in love with you, eventually you're going to pick one of us as your true waifu or never pick anyone and we end whole story with all of us having cliche happy ending" its just stupid and I still haven't found one harem that is actually good, well maybe beside one but that manhwa that was literally hated by everyone lol, if you're curious its "Girls of the wild's" if you've already read and hated it then yeah I don't blame you. I think it was only harem I manage to tolerate till the end, mainly cause protagonist was relatable and it was easy to see where he was coming from. (Warning its not an action genre, the whole thing is heavy dose of drama and bit of harem)

Dex-chan lover
@IAMNOTRANA Let me know when you've read it. I'd love to have a buddy I could talk to about it. And yea, I've heard of that manga, seen the cover a couple times popping up in the updates pages. But the bad reviews threw me off. Didn't know it was a harem though. Maybe it didn't have a harem tag when I looked at it first. I mean, it was a couple of years ago so that could be it.
I'll look into it then. Looks good enough. I wonder what the bad reviews were about.

Also, the spin-off that you're talking about is not as good as this one but still good regardless. Also we get cameos from the main characters of this one over there so that's nice. Read it at your own leisure.

It's a beautiful manga and you will not regret reading for even a second. I absolutely loved it.

Dex-chan lover
I think this will eternally be my favorite manga. I haven’t seen such character design ever. The spin-off isn’t as good, but it’s still great (it’s mostly frustrating because that series is built around less mature middle-schoolers, while this series was so good because of how mature the characters were). I might be biased though, because Nao is most definitely my type with her personality.

It’s so wholesome. Awah! It was so good. If you haven’t read it yet, do so-.

Dex-chan lover
@Walter_vi_Britannia
@IAMNOTRANA
Most of the issues with harems is the lack of effort on the guy's part. The girls like him because of some vague reasons like "was nice to me", if being a decent person is all it takes for you to fall in love with someone then your life is fucked up.

All the harem stories that actually are good has the guy working their ass off to prove they deserve it.

Royalroad novel "blue core" is a good one if a bit odd. It's a dungeon story, as in then main character is a sentient location instead of a human.

Group Leader
A VERY GOOD READ! the character developments were the highlights for me. will go down my favorites list! ❤

Definitely one of the best gender bender manga when it comes to self-acceptance and embracing your transformation. While I typically don't like gender benders that deal with sex change on a scientific level since it reminds me of transgenderism (which I'm fine with but I want to be seperated from reality when reading fiction) but here it's done in a charming way. Even though the manga was heavily focused on self identity and a bit of childhood trauma(for both partners), the romance was pretty wholesome and really enjoyable to read since Miyoshi was always accepting of Nao's new gender and since Nao embraced it as well.
Even though towards the end it became a pretty normal and high spirited romance, at the start it was shaky and there were a lot of uncertainties but the couple stayed true to eachother and their love blossomed, this essence was captured beautifully. This manga made me come to terms with accepting trans-females who have transitioned from male to female, it might sound stupid that I could learn this lesson only through a manga but it's the truth.
solid 8/10, a short,sweet read with lessons to learn from.

😥😥😥😥sometimes i have a fear, a fear of clicking and going back to the title screen and then looking at status saying complete.
I started crying a little and thought that i cant see anymore chapters of this 10/10 manga😢😢😢😢😥

I really, really enjoyed both this and the sequel. I've come to love the character of Nao so damn much and I felt sad when I finished but was happy to see her cameos in Another.

And it's just nice to see a story where the trans woman character is an assertive and playful top in the relationship.

Its good, but didnt move me too tears. (im the type who is very emotional and cries A LOT)

After finishing this story, i question myself , Am i gay already? 🤔😅

By the way it is a good read, i love the story, At first i was hesitant to read it coz it seems kinda gay but as long as i read more i become hooked and come to a conclusion that its a straight romance (i mean a man to woman relationship) and come to like it.

Ugh, i want a girlfriend so bad, same like Nao perhaps 🥺

Users who are viewing this thread