Kanojo, Okarishimasu - Vol. 17 Ch. 143 - The Girlfriend and the Seedling

Fed-Kun's army
at the end, he is thinking of the two grandmas, and he is swriting some messages, Will he tell them the true ?!!

The more I think about it the more mad I am. Instead of us actually getting to see Kazuya's likeable side and how hard he tries for Chizuru and seeing her fall in love, we get a couple pages of him deciding to try his best and that's it because we needed time for some forced tired romance tropes and more Ruka.

Like I really don't hate this series at all. I actually quite enjoy the concept and I really like the two main characters. It's just that now that I'm really rooting for their relationship since Chizuru likes him back, I'm super pissed that it was a harem in the first place. There wasn't any purpose for the harem since it was clear nobody else stood a chance, and it just takes away from what I think could have been a really great love story. The main pair's dynamic is so easily likeable once they get some development and it isn't painfully one sided, but that time was spent on useless harem drama instead. God I honestly enjoy the series but it gets me so pissed thinking how much more fun it could have been if it didn't take 130 chapters for the FL to have a sliver of affection towards the ML, and if they could interact with characters that had a personality other than "shy and likes Kazuya" or "annoying and likes Kazuya".

Supporter
@Fuyuqi

man, i think you said it perfectly.
this could have been so much straighter and smoother without all this filler.

Wow! This must be progress!

The progress of this story is just like a loading bar on an old pc. You would place your finger right next to the bar just to see if it's moving.

And in this case, you never see the bar past your finger.

But all I can do is hope, I guess. I caught up to this about 3 weeks ago and it's safe to say that at most 5% of progress has been made, from what I've seen and from what the comments in every single chapter have said.

Dex-chan lover
@xyperX
This 5% will remain till the end of manga and won't increase. After that in few last chapters main characters just suddenly confess to each other, get married, then 5 years time skip omake about how they live happily with the kids

Dex-chan lover
@Fuyuqi
totally agree with you

if you watch Shirobako, they explain why a manga series mostly try to expand the story as long as possible to maintain profit

the author know how to start the story, and try their hardest to make the best end. the gap between those two however would take a long route to meet the end, milking the every single drop off "story" they could get hands on.

Sumi really is the best girl in this manga. I wish we could see her more ;-;

Group Leader
There is no worse fate than being a side chick in a pseudo-harem manga. Sumi deserves better than this 😭

So I read trough 143 in the last two Days and yeah it isn't a great Manga but for the most Time for some reason I had Fun, well except for the Chapter when Ruka has the Spotlight, thos Chapters are just fucking annoying because of her. But honestly I was so happy to see Sumi now in this "last" Chapter of my Run, after the last 3 Chapter with Ruka I really needed Sumi in this Chapter, just to see her was enough to make me feel better. I still hope she gets a little more Screentime but somehow I don't expect that this would happy. I mean can't we just ignore Ruka and for every Chapter she would have the Spotlight we got a little bit more of Mami and Sumi. I mean I don't like Mami but at least she is not annoying like Ruka and gives the series some spice^^

Dex-chan lover
Sumi shall purify this dark world they live in.
Thank god we have Sumi :>

@Fuyuqi

Holy hell, well said there, they just slapped Ruka into the story and just tied a few loops to make unnecessary arcs, and now it's becoming a huge burden and strain to the viewer base.

Mami is interesting enough since she's connected since the start but she's basically just a memory now, Yaemori is a good wingman that ironically improved the main's relationship the most, Sumi is the best.. I mean, Sumi was a great relief and reality check, a good girl ^^ (likes Kazuya but they basically decided that it's nothing of importance, they just had to do her in like that, she deserves better) while Ruka here just abruptly puts the story into a standstill on how to deal with her- with her sudden need for imaginary affection and selfish excitements.

And it all boils down to just Kazuya, Chizuru and Ruka.. doesn't even feel like a harem.

@Winchan
Yeah it really doesn't feel like a harem at all. The concept is fine but it feels really.... Confused? Like the dynamic between Kazuya and Chizuru totally lends itself to a straight up romance manga, but maybe because straight up romance with a male narrator isn't common/popular so they made it a harem? But kept the dynamic of the main pair where nobody else even has a chance in hell or any plot relevance? Like seriously, who out of any of the harem girls has had any impact on the main story? Mami did but she like died off-screen or something I guess lmao. Legit though, the harem girls can't have any impact on the story because the story is literally just Kazuya and Chizuru's love story. There is absolutely zero reason for any of these girls to be in love with Kazuya except "Harem series are popular, I guess".

Dex-chan lover
@Fuyuqi
I've seen many harem, and some come close to this- however, those have circumstances that are forgiving enough to be classified as harem or even be called a harem for their stories alone; mainly being the harem point forwarding the plot or making the story interesting to begin with and others just being a comedic uptake to the harem genre itself.

If you cut out all others that are not completely relevant to the plot or cut the harem element- it'll only be 75-100 chapters yet we will still reach this point and still manage to actually be a decent progressive love story.

but hey, as long as no other innovative template comes out or the demand drops, the harem genre will still continue to be milked. People love arguing over who's gonna win, and the publishing companies know.

@Winchan I agree, this manga would be better if it didn't have the harem tag. I would have preferred it if they made the drama about her being revealed by Ruka, rather than Ruka trying to win him over.

This was a nice and wholesome chapter, such a nice breath of fresh air from all of Kazuya's simping.

Fed-Kun's army
Reading this after a six month break and I forgot about the cicada “problem” LOL what a ham-fisted chapter that had 1000 easier ways to solve it besides him jumping into the river.

Good chapter between her and grandma at least.

Users who are viewing this thread