Kanojo, Okarishimasu - Vol. 19 Ch. 164 - The Girlfriend and the Boyfriend (Part 8)

Fed-Kun's army
https://youtu.be/sAXZbfLzJUg
That video pretty sums up most people’s opinions on this chapter

Fed-Kun's army
Not only did he finally convey how he felt about her, he actually broke down the shell she had been putting up all this time.

People complain about this manga but ever since the movie arc Kazuya has grown a lot. And I feel like the author did a great job leading up to Chizuru finally letting out her emotions to someone who cares about her a LOT, which is something she needed in the wake of being alone now that her grandparents have passed.

Dex-chan lover
You know what was actually really bad? The fact that the author/artist avoided drawing Kazuya's face SO MANY times. It's like the faceless harem protagonist so that the reader can self-insert as much as possible. It just looked awkward.

Brooo atleast hug her, like fuck that's a normal person thing to do. She's CRYING. HUG HER

Dex-chan lover
Great chapter, but to the people who say that not hugging her is the best thing he could've done: in what world do you live to think that hugging in this kind of situation is a bad thing?
Have you never been hugged before? What kind of freak of nature are you to associate a comforting gesture with "making a move and exploiting someone's weakness"? He wouldn't even have to hug her, just touch her head or something. It's a sign of empathy.
I'll be the first to talk about consent and crossing boundaries, but you can't automatically assume a basic form of human interaction is something sexual or predatory, like "hubba hubba time to get in there".
He wouldn't be hugging a random person on the street. They aren't strangers, I'd even say they're friends despite her being tsun about it. That and she's clinging to him, crying.
Is it what she needs? Maybe, maybe not, but clearly the gesture means something to her as she recalls two specific memories with her grandmother hugging her. Does he have to do it? No. But it wouldn't be out of place.

Users who are viewing this thread