Kanojo, Okarishimasu - Vol. 21 Ch. 176 - The Girlfriend and the Tiger’s Den (Part 1)

@WhisCalifa69

> "(subtle signal [Ruka] sees herself above him in a relationship)"
200% disagree with this line, has no standing. Other that that your prediction makes for an interesting read, but I don't see where people are getting the idea that Umi's going to go from a bland but safe side character to disgusting human being/sexual assault extraordinaire.
Collapsed for space:
At worst I feel like we'll see a mirror of the Kazuya/Chizuru/Mami drinking situation where the guests will make some uncomfortable and unwelcome comments/attention to Chizuru, who will be unwilling to defend herself at the risk of losing out on any future offers for work, as most of the people there are high society/well connected. Kazuya will pull a move similar to how he saved Sumi during their first date, saving Chizuru while averting any kind of smears/altercations. Alternatively, Umi may make some snide remarks towards Kazuya, or, in the very least, ask Kazuya some questions in a way that implies Umi's superiority, either way Chizuru will take a stand and defend Kazuya. The two will have a conversation after leaving, perhaps even a full confession. Regardless, the Ruka encounter directly afterwards seems inevitable.

Once again, I feel like this is worst case scenario, but your predictions sound much more interesting. If Reiji does goes the route of making things official between Ruka and Kazuya, I really hope Ruka won't take advantage of Kazuya's emotional distress and convice him to sleep with her. I like the Ruka x Kazuya ship, but I don't want things to go down like that.

I actually think the speculation is productive. It keeps us wondering but the down side is we get disappointed.

it is hard to see how kazuya is very self conscious about himself, and also the author is dragging this matter for way to long. Well i hope we'll get a satisfying result when the time comes.

Many times I've experienced that kind of feeling of a social scene being way beyond my level. So I guess kudos to the author for portraying that well. Ha, I think this is the first time I've written something positive about this series. Apart from the character art, that is first class.

@S0viet_Noob Speculating can be fun, it's interesting to see if you can find a pattern. One I've noticed is that generally you can get a hint of what not to expect by reading the comments, just find what's the popular idea being floated (besides simp).

I havent read this manga in like a year or two and I came to see if anything amjor has happened. And im guessing no

@startwindowsnormally
>Imposes a 50 LINE msgs + oyasumi call per day rule Kazuya ain't comfy to begin with.
>Makes sure Kazuya has her contact named as "girlfriend" instead of Ruka
>Demands too much from a trial relationship, and goes to the lengths of throwing fits to get what she wants.
>Applies for a job in the karaoke bar Kazuya works only to keep him on check.
If that's not seeing herself above her (older) partner, then what is it? She should be grateful Kazuya okay'd the trial in first place.
To think she fooled us into thinking she grew up during the ceasefire. Then chapters 168-69 came and the chaotic Ruka of her 1st chapters came back in full force.
This ain't going to end well for her. Either Kazuya tells her the trial is over, or she realizes by her own eyes the harsh truth if the party ends with Kaz and Chiz closer. Just hope she realizes for the next time being passionate doesn't equal being forceful.

damn i was hoping for a no panel ppl get to :O seeing mizuhara, but I was wrong after all

Dex-chan lover
@HalfCanadian don't look too much into the "You-Know-Who" comment since the raw says "that guy" because he doesn't know his name

Kazuya really seems to not been in his place in this kind of environment by opposition with chizuru who seems to be pretty much used to it . Kazuya should start to realize that they are nothing in common and chizuru just doesn’t box in the same category than our poor simp mc who just freaks out every five minutes.... At this point I don’t even mind if it’s Manu who exposes them and force them to tell the truth, after this there will got nothing to do together anymore ...

I understand the others people who want kazuya to be NTRED because it’s probably the only way for him to stop being the simp king for someone who don’t give a shit about you . My only hope now is that the moral at the end of the manga will be : “ stop being a simp” with kazuya finally understand that everything he was doing was horrible for him and chizuru ending up with a chad actor

@WhisCalifa69
>Imposes a 50 LINE msgs + oyasumi call per day rule Kazuya ain't comfy to begin with.
Won't disagree with you on the subject that this is intrusive, but being "above"(aka dominance) someone? That ain't it chief. Should also mention the daily calls got reduced to every other day, and only for a goodnight. Not great, but in a series where all progress is nuance it's par for the course.
>Makes sure Kazuya has her contact named as "girlfriend" instead of Ruka
Went back to find evidence for this one, couldn't find any. Perhaps I overlooked it?
>Applies for a job in the karaoke bar Kazuya works only to keep him [in] check.
That one is misleading. We know she got the job to spend more time with him.

Collapsing for space:
Someone asserting dominance won't give their partner a place to speak their mind, or will ask them questions and then answer them for them, or speaking for them. If only we had somebody like that. Somebody that changes Kazuya's mind for him. I recall Chizuru doing such things. Ex: Don't date Ruka; Date Ruka, Tell your grandma; Don't tell your grandma, Do you like me?; No you don't like me, you're only a client.

WhisCalifa69, you get tired of people saying there's no progress in this series, specifically between Kazuya and Chizuru, right? You'll defend the series and point out specific example of how the two are getting closer. The series' progression is all nuance, just because the the progress isn't what those other people expect or want doesn't mean there's not progress. Yet you'll turn on a dime and expect Ruka to make significant progress, and in the direction you want her to progress. When she doesn't, or when she makes progess with Kazuya, you say she's a garbage character with no progress. Seems a little bit hypocritical to me.

People bring up the trial part a lot like it's supposed to mean girlfriend lite. No, Ruka bargained for the full girlfriend experience, for Kazuya to actually give her a chance, which we can fairly say he has not. Further more, Kazuya and Chizuru continuously break their agreement only to be caught by Ruka. Kazuya and Chizuru then try to explain away their cheating, sometimes outright gaslighting Ruka. Ruka will then go on to try and enact some form of penalty for them breaking their contract, which normally ends with Ruka growing a small bit and not penalizing them, but rather making concessions for them. This is not to excuse Ruka's behavior, her misdeeds should also be frowned upon. For some reason, Kazuya and Chizuru (mainly Chizuru) get a free pass for their sins, but Ruka is crucified for hers? Even when it's Kazuya/Chizuru's misdeeds that can be directly correlated to causing Ruka's misdeeds? Either accept all characters flaws, or none of them. I'm tired of people staning one character or another when no character in this series, except Sumi, is objectively better than the other.

Or if you are going to stan a character, at least acknowledge it.

YOOO THERE WAS A BIG ARTSTYLE CHANGE seems like Reiji didn't drew this chapter

Dex-chan lover
Man I should really stop skimming through comments here. it just fries your brain cells how idiotic they are for saying this is garbage but still continue to read it.

such dedicated masochism.

Users who are viewing this thread