Kanojo, Okarishimasu - Vol. 21 Ch. 177 - The Girlfriend and the Tiger’s Den (Part 2)

@starlightcitypro and remember he has rejection ptsd and has to deal with his family shittalking him 24/7. Being rejected 3 times by the same girl in your childhood and then dumped by another one in your college years can make people really lose themselves.
Even though despite of the emotional scars those situations left him, Kazuya dealt with that slightly better than most of the people i know irl. One colleague was dumped by what he thought she was his soulmate and life partner and felt in an endogenous depression with no hopes of recovering (he has heavy panic attacks sometimes, had to be restrained and sent into a psychiatrist and tried to kill himself once by slitting his wrists) and a longtime friend was dumped by his 1st gf in a serious and humilliating way he dropped his studies and shut himself in for around 5 years.

Group Leader
Its like this should be decided with 20 chapter but ended up with 100 chapter

Kazuya-kun is all of us, except he has a lot of girls to hang out with Sadge

I really hope they don't drag this story out much longer, it would be such a disservice to that emotional apex they constructed previously. Please, I hope the plane is starting its decent - no matter the story's outcome because whichever way it goes is fine, that's the story. But I feel like now we are bordering on a love story about fate's course and manga about emotional masochism.

@startwindowsnormally

What I meant by "the Ruka argument doesn't stand" is that her character can't be evaluated, nor her potential as a partner to Kazuya. Because her appearances are scarce and don't show enough data. We can judge her actions though, since technically she has been Kazuya's girlfriend once. She has everything to do with Kazuya. As well as Ruka blackmailing Kazuya. That doesn't stand either

With that being said...

"Are you going to argue that Chizuru had the inability to wave Kazuya over, either verbally, or nonverbally? She clearly lacked the will. She lacks initiative, and intuition, making her seem less of a character, and more of a plot device. From Chizuru's attire we can infer that she knows how to operate at parties like this, meaning her mannerisms were inexcusable."

What about her mannerisms being inexcusable? Didn't she come back anyway? I'm not gonna sit here and lie, saying that Ruka's sins matter more than Chizuru's, but isn't Ruka his girlfriend? You say Chizuru is more plot device rather than character, but isn't that how everyone is? Yaemori is a balanced fusion of both, Mami is the embodiment of one, Ruka is..... Ruka, and Chizuru is barely shown! I will no longer judge any character. Solely because they are lacking in screen time and development.

Like I said, we have our own a opinions. I don't think I can understand yours, so I wont continue arguing.

I'll probably read this again if they're already a couple,I already got myself to see kazuya getting cucked by his friends and I wouldn't want more

man, just get together already. Ruka will be heartbroken but I mean, someone must be, right? even if Kazuya is with Ruka later in the end, I bet Chizuru will be the one heartbroken. If I have to choose which one is the lesser sacrifice, I'd take Ruka as the sacrifice

@S0viet_Noob

Its childish but is it really blackmail?
Ruka telling Kaz's grandmother about Chizuru would be the best thing to happen to his bum ass life.

Chizuru is holding Kazuya back.

@Bestgirl_Ruka
If Ruka does that, Kazuya will never forgive her. That could be foul play, something Mami could do.

Holding back with what? It's Kazuya who doesn't want anything with another girl not named Chizuru. Besides, what would Kazuya benefit from dating a still illegal girl? Nothing, but problems, even big dwep problems with justice.

@S0viet_Noob
I believe we can evaluate her character, and I've sited plenty of objective evidence to support this (and I can provide even more). Despite Ruka having less screen time than Kazuya or Chizuru, we know that she is a genuine person, and the feelings/emotions we get from her are genuine. I won't defend Ruka's actions, they are inexcusable, but with that being said Ruka gets lambasted for her sins, while Chizuru and Kazuya often gets a pass (Kazuya is instead lambasted for being a simp).

Collapsed for space:
Am I supposed to praise Chizuru for ditching her friend and later coming back? Coming back was the bare minimum she could've done. How is it okay for Chizuru to know exactly how to act, and what is expected, yet deviate from all that so that Kazuya is made to stand out all alone, looking like a social outcast? Answer is that it was not okay, at best he went unnoticed (a great feeling of being alone in a crowd), at worst gossip started about him.

> "You say Chizuru is more plot device rather than character, but isn't that how everyone is?"
Let me put it like this, all [good] characters are plot devices, but not all plot devices are characters. Some people are in a series are in a series to introduce a later event, see the guy that killed Gatsby in The Great Gatsby and his wife. Neither were significant in terms of characters, Myrtle just gives Wilson reason to kill Gatsby, and Wilson himself only exists to kill Gatsby. Neither are really characters, just plot devices, despite being people.

I believe I am justified in my judgment of Ruka and Chizuru. I didn't wake up one morning and decide to support Ruka, I read some comments, did some research, and came to some pretty logical conclusions on both characters, both of are based on objective sources from the series. I get that we don't see eye to eye, and that is fine.

@WhisCalifa69
Ruka is legal.

https://kanojo-okarishimasu.fandom.com/wiki/Talk:Ruka_Sarashina

I wouldn't support Ruka if I knew she was a minor, I won't support pedophilia. As of Ruka's most recent birthday, she became legal. Also Chizuru, as a person, has been one of the biggest obstacles to Kazuya's growth, but Chizuru has also been Kazuya's greatest inspiration to grow as a character. Weird conflict.

@Bestgirl_Ruka
It's definitely blackmail, maybe it's not a severe as its made out to be if you look into the situation surrounding/leading up to the blackmail, but it's definitely blackmail. (Ruka was more than happy to keep Kazuya's secret until he kept pushing her for proof of her silence)

Users who are viewing this thread