Kanojo, Okarishimasu - Vol. 5 Ch. 33 - The Two Girlfriends Part 2

@jdjohndoe13

If all that happened then yeah it'd suck and be stupid to stay with that girl. But he doesn't even get to that stage. He just flat-out wants nothing to do with her. Instead he'd rather continue renting this girl and lying to his family that he has a real girlfriend. That's not healthy, both emotionally and financially (remember when he said he felt guilty spending the money his father gave him for tuition on a rental girlfriend?). I'm not saying marry the girl who suddenly showed up and asked you to date her, I'm saying make a fucking decision. Confess your feelings to the girl you think you like or give this girl who likes you a chance, but pick ONE instead of just spending all your money to live a lie. Dating doesn't mean you've comitted fully. Many people date casually just to see if they connect, that's the idea, and even if he goes into the date SURE that he's not gonna like her and will turn her down, it's a hell of a lot healthier than what he's doing now. He needs to get out of the rent-a-girlfriend world and get some self-confidence in himself, which he can get by dating for real.

Frankly, everything this guy does pisses me off. He has feelings for this girl but won't ever pursue them, instead just wants to rent her and then gets jealous at the idea others rent her. He becomes putty whenever his ex - who fucking destroyed his self-esteem earlier - suddenly says she wants his d. He regrets being a loser that has to rent a girlfriend yet when he has a CHANCE for a real girlfriend he won't even entertain the idea because he's following some fairy tale 'she's my true love' that came out of nowhere. He feels bad for lying to his grandmother yet continues to do so, when he could present her with exactly what she wanted - a girl who loves her grandson for all his faults. There's nothing likeable about this guy.

Dex-chan lover
@Xelda
Instead he'd rather continue renting this girl and lying to his family that he has a real girlfriend.
Well, if you had to choose between having intense pain for who knows how long or being able to continue living not-so-painful life by keeping lying that doesn't take too much to maintain - the choice is obvious.
Confess your feelings to the girl you think you like
What's the point? If you already know that you'll fail, why not keep what little you have to bask in your delusions like "maybe she thinks more of me than she wants to show"? It's not like you have to choose between "heartbreak now, man up, find happiness" and "I'm tired of this bullshit, why am I doing it, again?".
But yeah, I think I agree with everything else you wrote in your post.

SJ7

Fed-Kun's army
Ok but like...is Ruka not correct in everything she said? Plus the only reason his Grandma likes Chizuru so much is because they've been spending however long putting on a fucking act and it's literally her job to be likable. Even Kazuya mostly fell for her because of that and because every time he turns into a crybaby bitch she gives him a bare minimum of petting him and he suddenly thinks she's a goddess. This same dude was also head over heels for a girl who pretty much treated him like garbage as he continued to act like her dog until she literally stopped appearing altogether. Don't give me this crap about how he can't give Ruka a chance because he's so in love. Lol.

Aggregator gang
Ruka is right. I think Kazuya should at least give Ruka a chance. Like if not for the blackmail, Ruka would basically be the perfect girlfriend.

Users who are viewing this thread