Kanojo wa Otou-san - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Consciousness

Dex-chan lover
Thank you! I click so fast when I see your update. And congratulations on your second translation!

Thank you for your hard work on the redrawing too. The background sound effects are the worst ;_; I'm really appreciative receiving this chapter. At the same time, if it's too much of a hassle, would you consider just writing notes of translated sound effects next to the comic panels? Or just small translations next to the original sound effects? Many scanlation groups do so. But of course, there are very seasoned, staffed and perfectionist groups too. While you are doing everything on your own...

Please take care! And thank you for your shout out :glee: (You make me feel special~ 🎶) I'm definitely learning my vocab most every day hahahaha.

Edit: Hi, Bob!

Double-page supporter
I feel kinda bad for Shiori, because it seems like she's getting the short end of the stick, not getting to be in control of her own body that often.

Dex-chan lover
Too many superfluous translator notes
stop making side comments on every other page, it's obnoxious
tl notes should only be for relevant matters like stuff that would be too tricky to redraw (i.e. sfx's) or things that can't be translated without losing meaning (for example honorifics)

Group Leader
Too many superfluous translator notes
stop making side comments on every other page, it's obnoxious
tl notes should only be for relevant matters like stuff that would be too tricky to redraw (i.e. sfx's) or things that can't be translated without losing meaning (for example honorifics)
Thanks for the tip. I'll try to cut back on side comments. (no promises tho)

Group Leader
Thank you! I click so fast when I see your update. And congratulations on your second translation!

Thank you for your hard work on the redrawing too. The background sound effects are the worst ;_; I'm really appreciative receiving this chapter. At the same time, if it's too much of a hassle, would you consider just writing notes of translated sound effects next to the comic panels? Or just small translations next to the original sound effects? Many scanlation groups do so. But of course, there are very seasoned, staffed and perfectionist groups too. While you are doing everything on your own...

Please take care! And thank you for your shout out :glee: (You make me feel special~ 🎶) I'm definitely learning my vocab most every day hahahaha.

Edit: Hi, Bob!
I'm just a perfectionist...

Dex-chan lover
I'm just a perfectionist...
I'm glad you are!

Btw, this is what I meant as panel notes to sound effects: https://mangadex.org/chapter/5ac19764-be78-4a61-baf2-6de85a25bca7/1

I appreciate you a whole lot. Your translation is really good. And I don't find your side notes anything remotely mimic "obnoxious". I actually enjoyed them (albeit they were pretty big sized haha) because I got to know how much you put into your work. I'm even more grateful. I also don't mind it because there are scanlation groups that have panel notes just to share how they feel about certain situations happening in the mangas. There are those who share their hardships, especially cleaning and redrawing, but at the end on the (double) credit page(s).

I look forward to your next chapters 🤗

Users who are viewing this thread