Kao ni denai Kashiwada-san to Kao ni deru Ota-kun

"...will a mutual love eventually develop between them...?"

I would like to see a manga with a description like that and actually not follow through with it. Like the MC just straight up ends up with a completely unrelated girl.

Not hating on the manga, just the description.

Dex-chan lover
@RunaVolkov That's interesting...so does something like this count?
Boku to Kanojo no XXX
The two switch bodies and...well, it seems like they might end up together since the boy(who turns into the girl) actually likes the girl....but NO! They end up with their best friends from when they were in their original bodies. lol

Does this work? Or are you looking for something more specific?

Oh yeah, I remember reading that. I guess that does count, although I feel like a romance between the two was never feasible considering the main "girl" being the way she is. But at least the description doesn't even hint at a relationship (as the story focused a lot more on the subversion of gender norms, being a gender bender).

It was more of a rhetorical statement. Like, if the description says "oh, will this happen?" then it's pretty obvious it will happen. I mean, for all we know, they could end up being good friends; having a description like that is pretty much spelling out "they will get together".

Dex-chan lover
@RunaVolkov First, @ the name of the person you're replying to cause they don't get the notification otherwise.

And yea, that's why I was asking whether you consider that to be legible, since it didn't hint at one but the setting does make a lot of people think they'd end up together cause that's how the general troupe goes, right?

So maybe 5 Centimetres Per Second? Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda? I believe these two definitely pass? (Though I'm doubtful on the second one cause it never promised romance.) Oh! What about Boku Girl? Another gender bender!...oh wait, I just checked, the description never talks about him liking a girl at the beginning of the story. Argh, I think I have to think a little harder on this one.

Oooh! There was this oneshot manga where a guy finds out his classmate is doing prostituting work (to pay for her mother's medical fees), I don't remember the name but it really felt like those two would get together even by the summary. Story was, she helps him get together with his crush to keep her secret a secret, which he said he never did plan on telling, but she still chose to help him and it was looking like those two were gonna fall in love, and they probably did...but she disappeared because she felt he didn't deserve someone like her...it went something like that. That probably counts...maybe? (He ends up marrying his crush, and he never did find the other girl again.)

Dex-chan lover
@karappo If she does hold on to it, then the doujin would be going into fetishistic territories...which I will not lie, I'm kind of into. I'm quite a fan of that genre on nhentai.

Contributor
It would be much nicer if the protagonist wasn't so consistently insensitive and an actual jerk.

She seems to think his endeavors are cute, which is her fair right, but... It kind of sucks that he doesn't seem to give a damn as to whether she's okay or not.

Group Leader
ughhhhh I love this manga so muchhh, if there is anything i can do to help please let me know!!!! also looking into potentially picking up the webcomic version, but i'll need a translator

Fed-Kun's army
In the vol.3 cover, they look like they're in high school. Do they graduate from middle school already ??

Double-page supporter
Vol. 3 front cover look like Kashiwada T posed showing her dominance

Users who are viewing this thread