Kaoru Hana wa Rin to Saku - Vol. 2 Ch. 6 - Subaru Hoshina

Contributor
Instead of glaring at each other stewing in misunderstandings, running around trying to hide stuff to make the misunderstanding last longer, we have proper communication, again. This. This is quality writing. I love it when characters sit down and talk like sane people. If this manga keeps being like this, it's going to find itself a place in my personal top 10 favorites.

Even I understand where Subaru is coming from, she's afraid the school's prejudiced teachers/admins might push to rescind Kaoruko's scholarship over her talking to a guy from a "bottom-feeder" school. I get why her first question is, "Are you her boyfriend?" - because assuming the Kikyo school staff are that bad, then yes, a Kikyo student in a relationship with a Chidori student would sound very improper based on their prejudiced standards. I'm getting a little bit of Romeo and Juliet/star-crossed lovers vibes for this story. But I'm sincerely hoping for a non-tragic ending when the time comes.

I like how our guy Rintaro stood his ground here. If he accepted Subaru's request he'd be silently betraying Kaoruko's trust in him. From Kaoruko's perspective she'd suddenly be ghosted by this kind boy she just met and took a liking to. Subaru is being overprotective here. Her friend can make her own decisions for herself and she's free to be close with whoever she wants to.

Dex-chan lover
WHAT IS THIS????? TEENS BEING SENSIBLE PEOPLE AND JUST TALKING THEIR FEELINGS OUT AND COMING TO REASONABLE CONCLUSIONS????!!!!!!! WHERE ARE THE HIJINKS, THE HAREM SUBPLOTS... THE MISUNDERSTANDINGS!!!!!

IF NOT THAT THEY SHOULD BE GOING THE PURE ROUTE WHERE THEY CAN'T EVEN LOOK IN EACH OTHER'S DIRECTION WITHOUT BEING COMPLETELY DUMB AND NOT WANTING TO EVEN TALK TO EACH OTHER BEFORE MARRIAGE.

PREPOSTEROUS, INDECENT, DEGENERATES.

Man... finally authors are making stories where the characters don't act like complete douchebags that have problems with each other but refuse to even elaborate why, these kids are just... navigating through life with its up and down hills.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, but of course she is a saint because she treats people like people instead of sh!t on the side of the road.
And everyone falls in love with her because she doesn't treat them like sh!t. What amazingly low standards they have.

Not to mention the classic "you have to break up with her so you don't ruin her academic career" cliché. Don't rock the boat, Japan! Oh well, at least he isn't going along with it like they so often do. If he actually decided to ghost the girl he likes because her friend suggested it, I'd drop this on the spot.

Funny thing is, this reads and looks a lot like a shoujo series, except it isn't. It is just a shounen series where everyone is really effeminate.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, but of course she is a saint because she treats people like people instead of sh!t on the side of the road.
And everyone falls in love with her because she doesn't treat them like sh!t. What amazingly low standards they have.

Not to mention the classic "you have to break up with her so you don't ruin her academic career" cliché. Don't rock the boat, Japan! Oh well, at least he isn't going along with it like they so often do. If he actually decided to ghost the girl he likes because her friend suggested it, I'd drop this on the spot.

Funny thing is, this reads and looks a lot like a shoujo series, except it isn't. It is just a shounen series where everyone is really effeminate.
almost agreed with you till the last sentence

Dex-chan lover
Uff, not throwing away a friendship because a situation like this, i guess there is always a first.

Huh so her excuse is something that happened when she was a child? Bro I don’t even remember shit from when I was 5. She’s just using it as an excuse to be idk sexist? Idk man the reason is pretty stupid fr he hatred and she can just dye it

Users who are viewing this thread