Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san - Ch. 160

@RyanIV Wouldn't that mean she had Chi right out of high school. Or got pregnant during high school.... Plus there the whole marriage thing. I'd assume she in her mid to late twenties.

Dex-chan lover
I just love Chi hugging her mom like that. That's the subtle cute stuff.

@Heimdal
@RyanIV
Is it ever stated how far in the future is this series? 'Cause I'm really not sure about the wiki ages tbh... I mean, Mina is the same age of Takagi, so even assuming they're 24 (the oldest reported in the wiki) it would mean that in 5-6 years (after high school) she took a degree, found a job and gave birth to THREE children? I mean, sure it's possible but...

@Ulgan @RyanIV Ya it is hard to imagine Takagi not going to collage. Even if she is currently a house wife it is hard to imagine her going that way from the start let alone letting herself get pregnant right out of high school or while still in it. I'm not sure Chi's age. Unless the author is going a ultra traditional Japanese home setup where the women doesn't work and stays home in charge of the house and kids while the guy works. Though even then what about Nishikata he would have had to gone to collage for a teaching degree. What was Takagi doing during this time? Was she already being a mom and housewife of some sort while he went to school.

Does it say anything about the age of the girl who just got married since she is getting married late apparently from what it seems and she would be the same age as Takagi?

@Heimdal
In the wiki she's reported as 22-24 like everyone else from the original manga (which makes sense since they're all classmates). And I honestly doubt that can be considered as a late marriage (ok, MAYBE if you're marrying you high school partner and you're being working for some time, but then again, considering a possible degree and everything it's likely not the case.

Oh wow that's actually weird. Nishikata probably went to college, a college degree should be imperative to become a teacher. They would've graduate senior high at 18. Considering Chi is about 3-4 years old, at best Takagi had her before or at 20. Either Nishikata impregnated Takagi while they're in college or Takagi did not go to college and was impregnated while Nishikata went to college.

@Ulgan @Heimdal

It's approximately 10 years in the future. Considering she's a full time housewife I don't think she went to college lol. This is such a detailed analysis into the storyline lmao

@RyanIV Its just really hard to picture her not having gone to college and simply going straight from hs to being a housewife and mom. Even more so when you consider all the other girls work yet she was probably the best student out of them. The general thing you would think is she went to college worked for a while they got married sometime between hs graduation and before chi is born. Then when she got pregnant with Chi she quit her job to be a full time house wife and take care of Chi. Though the one girl has multiple kids and is still working.

@Ulgan
Is it ever stated how far in the future is this series?
Yeah, in the "Memories" chapter that started the "adult" series Takagi says "It's been over 10 years since we finished middle school" or something like that, so the wiki is somewhat correct.

@mnb123
Thank you, I forgot about that.
Then again 14 years is "over 10 years" so they could actually be older than what the wiki says AND it would "feel better".
I mean, I have no problem with them being 22-24, or with Takagi not going to college/getting pregnant while Nishikata was still taking his degree, but I do feel sorry for Mina getting a degree, giving birth to THREE child and having to go to work in so little time :D (I know it's possible, and that a lot of people have more difficulties than those, but still...)

Users who are viewing this thread