Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san - Ch. 174

Dex-chan lover
... he ate it.... shell and all.... so precious.... why does she have to grow up???

Aggregator gang
@swaggyT Yes. But pasteurized eggs kind of deal with this. This is why you can have runny yolk when you fry your eggs sunny side.

@SwaggyT Japanese Eggs are special. Every single brand/seller has to go through numerous tests and approvals, that when they pass all tests you can literally eat them raw.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@SwaggyT
Doesn’t raw egg give you salmonella?/quote]

As expected of the salmon country!

Okay, lame jokes aside, what Fo1wS said. Quoting one site,

In Japan, however, eating raw eggs is okay. Why?
As opposed to most other countries, where it's assumed that eggs will be cooked before being eaten, in Japan, it's assumed that eggs will be consumed raw. To this end, stringent standards are in place to maintain a level of hygiene within egg-producing facilities that prevents most chickens from becoming infected with salmonella in the first place.
On top of this, once the eggs are laid, they are washed, disinfected (commonly with UV light), and inspected via a variety of tests to search for dirt, cracks, and other abnormalities. Most facilities run their eggs down a winding course of various conveyor belts that pass each egg through several different tests.

And a video for good measure. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_RNhPURpwk&feature=emb_title&ab_channel=NABEL

So yes, Nishikata-chan is safe. And if you ever find yourself in Japan, try their raw eggs. Its probably the only place where you can actually eat it safely.

@shinjikun10 No. Not Asia. Japan. There are plenty of Asian countries where the eggs aren't "safe for raw consumption". I certainly don't trust mine. I know you don't mean it that way but I have to correct it or some idiot may get salmonella. This is because unlike Japan, we don't normally eat them raw. Standards are more lax. In Japan, eggs are EXPECTED to be eaten raw.

Dex-chan lover
I have this from time to time.

What helps is that I only use rice fresh from the rice pot (ie piping hot)

A bit of soy sauce and pickled veggies are good with it. A simple yet tasty meal

Dex-chan lover
Nishikata is such a perfect dad omfg always doing what he can to make his daughter happy :'))

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@Pibata The taste of what? Raw eggs? Eggshells?

Eggshells are a little crunchy though "dangerous" depending on the shape and size (my gums are thin so anything a little spiky can give me ulcers)

The raw egg part is debatable. My description of it would "smoother and creamier in the eggy kind of way along with the taste of egg yolks". I'm comparing the "rice+egg" combination itself because the raw egg is more like a sauce instead of a side dish.

I can't tell if its good since the only eggs I hate are century eggs.

This exact thing happened with my niece. She was so happy and cute. I just couldn't tell her. My brother was laughing knowing what happened

Users who are viewing this thread