Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san - Ch. 174

Dex-chan lover
Guys in most developed countries in the world you can eat raw eggs, it's perfectly fine. I guess you have such shitty sanitary conditions in the US that it is not recommended. But that's not the norm, was blown away when I learned that actually. In most countries eggs are extra fresh, with the laying date.

So it's not "Japanese Egg" or "Asian Egg", that was cringe to read.

Actually I didn't understand the craziness you live in before I visited US, my whole life people told me I should be grateful for having access to quality food (vegetables, bread, etc.), but as a kid I didn't get it, 'cause it seemed so normal and basic. Then I visited the US and saw how trash food can be, the most basic shit was garbage (of course I guess it depends where you go in the US), jugs of cheap distilled water near even cheaper jugs of soda, no mineral water, no bread only fucking sugary & full of additives white bread, fucking recomposed ham injected with water and a shit ton of conservatives and 3 poor "fresh" (gmo) vegetables having a fight in the back of the supermarket. Oh yeah and also weekly gunshots at night. What a weird place.

@Zaerox I would disagree with your statement. I think most countries have food hygine problems. It is really costly to produce high quality food with out raising prices to a level, poor people can't afford it. In Vietnam where I live people are super paranoid about food because of the huge amount of scandals in the past.

The US has its problems and especially the food culture there is super unhealthy. Though I must admit It's still one of the tasties and diverse food culture in the world and I love it.

@Zaerox aite, chill with the US slander fam, I'm not even from there, but you're gonna start a war in the comments that nobody wants.
Furthermore, fresh eggs doesn't mean safe eggs. In fact, the freshest animal byproducts are some of the worst things you can consume (eggs, roe, milk, etc), because they are not processed to kill bacteria.

It's not about the standards and guidelines issued in some countries, the FDA regulates that around the globe. It's about the resources countries have in their general areas. In India, my uncle used to consume raw eggs every morning in Mumbai because they have large megamarts that sell safe produce. On the other hand, my aunt in a smaller village has to boil/cook everything, even if she buys it from a market.
In Canada, we are also "relatively" safe- I can eat raw eggs most of the time and not worry. However, just because safety is normal here, doesn't mean it is elsewhere. ESPECIALLY in Asian countries that have a large population and a lack of resources (i.e India, China, Philippines)

Dex-chan lover
@PostImpressionism I'm from Asia, let me tell u, we can eat raw eggs fine here.

not becuz we have good eggs or safe eggs, just that our normal food is too unhygienic our stomach are trained to withstand raw eggs.

@aister yes, an an Asian immigrant, I get that. But just because your immune system is "stronger" against bacteria does not mean the threat disappears. It's the same as being "immune" to poison- you are technically damaging your body to the point where it simply ignores the forthcoming injuries.

Dex-chan lover
Nishikata is the best dad!
He really knows how to handle a family.

When I read this chapter I just knew there would be a debate about raw eggs and salmonella in comment section and I am not d i s a p p o i n t e d

Fed-Kun's army
“Starting to crack out of your shell” what a nice word play 🥰

Fed-Kun's army
I somehow feel this is going to happen next:-
Nishikata- “let me do yours since you did mine”
Chi-“ Nope, gonna do it myself”
Nishikata 😅
Chi 😖
Takagi 😇

Dex-chan lover
398.jpg

Contributor
Well, they got it right on how hard it is the first time you learn to crack open raw eggs. I was learning to actually cook fairly young as well, about kindergarten. Scrambled eggs and toast. Nothing major obviously, but that is a good age to start getting them involved in basic stuff to learn.

Users who are viewing this thread