Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san - Ch. 176

Supporter
You know, there's NO way Mom doesn't know that he doesn't know how to handle compliments...
So she was teasing him ANYWAY.

Dex-chan lover
I still think Chi apologizing was a good thing. Technically, it was her fault.

Dex-chan lover
Weakness located! Pile on the Critical Hits! 😂

@idgi Well, it's one of those things. Like a waiter filling your glass and you go "thank you" and then they bring your plate and you thank them again. There's no reason to thank twice; not even once, actually, they're literally just doing their job. Nobody thanks me, as a teacher, at the end of a class.

Same here. It wasn't really her FAULT. She accidentally dropped a glass (accident, by definition no one's fault) and she was going to clean up the mess (which is something you're supposed to do). But someone got hurt as a consequence of that, and she feels bad, so she apologizes. I do think they could've handled it differently. Namely, like I said right here. "It's okay, it was just an accident". It's good that she apologized, but she doesn't need to think she did something bad.

Dex-chan lover
@Tatherwood I guess what I was getting at was that I don't agree with the idea that Chi shouldn't apologize, and Takagi should say more along the lines of what you said "It's okay, it was just an accident". I just don't agree that Chi shouldn't apologize (which is what Takagi said). I mean, they're a good kid and would probably just apologize regardless. You would still say sorry if you bumped into someone on accident, even if there was no intention to. You can say it's not your fault for bumping into them by accident, but I feel like there is still some responsibility there, at least enough to say sorry.

Dex-chan lover
Admitting he's weak against that familial love, like they don't already know that lol

Dex-chan lover
As a parent, there's no need for her to apologize. It wasn't intentional, and unlike bumping into someone, breaking a glass causes no external harm, as there's an understanding that it will need to be replaced eventually.

Quite honestly, this is pretty spot-on in terms of how to teach kids some of the reasoning behind apologies as well as gratitude.

Dex-chan lover
@Spoopa

p sure swoleshikata would kill the president with his bare hands if he tried to keep him from saving chi (from a broken cup)

@AnimeJ
i mean, she's sorry she broke the cup, nothing wrong with that. it's an accident, but she still feels bad. they aren't making her apologize. chi is a good girl

when takagi(former) isn't teasing chi, she really does do a pretty good job of teaching her which things are important

Users who are viewing this thread