Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san - Ch. 300

Dex-chan lover
He just proposed at the end of this chapter, so they weren't engaged at the very start of it.
That’s irrelevant.

Either way you wouldn’t call your date by their surname would you?

“I had a lovely night Lopez”

“So do I Rodrigues”

It’s hard to make example when Americans first came can also be last name.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That’s irrelevant.
It is immensely relevant because you said, "They're engaged but..." In this chapter they are not engaged yet.
Either way you wouldn’t call your date by their surname would you?

It’s hard to make example when Americans first came can also be last name.
Is this your first manga or something? It's like you've never experienced any Japanese media at all.

Americans don't do this, but it is very common in Japanese culture, especially if the couple has shyer personalities like these two.

Dex-chan lover
Can you enlighten me? Does the author change in the middle of ongoing or something?
The author of the original series Yamamoto-sensei, retired as a mangaka, and ended both the original "Takagi-San" series and "When Will Ayumu make His Move?" Romcom. Inaba-Sensei has been gifted with continuing the series in this spin-off...

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Is this your first manga or something? It's like you've never experienced any Japanese media at all.
No is THIS your first manga.

Have you never seen the step of calling each other by their first name after some time.

Do you think they’re gonna keep calling each other by their family name until the wedding.

They’re not in Highschool and dating. They’re in working age and dating.

There’re older couple out there who use Surname but that one they’d just started dating during their working years. Nishikata and Takagi had been dating since Middleschool

a Shy couple or not, you think they never advance more than that? It took them all of 2 years from meeting to confession and you don’t think they never go to first name basis in the idk 10~ish year they’ve been together.

Dex-chan lover
Have you never seen the step of calling each other by their first name after some time.

Do you think they’re gonna keep calling each other by their family name until the wedding.
There will probably be a chapter where, after they get married, she will call him Nishikata, they will realise they're both Nishikata now, and they shyly call each other by first name.
Like you might have seen in other manga, anime, and dramas. Because it's common enough that some couples don't change the way they call each other until they have to.

Calling each other by first name is a special thing, in that it can be a sign of intimacy. But it's also not that special, in that not everyone thinks it's something that must be done.

Like kissing - it is an intimate and special thing, but relationships can be good even if you 'progress' to that point.

Dex-chan lover
Shy couple or not, you think they never advance more than that? It took them all of 2 years from meeting to confession and you don’t think they never go to first name basis in the idk 10~ish year they’ve been together.
I know this is not my ground to walk on, you're talking to another person, but I want to say beforehand that I understand your point.

Revealing these characters' first names would be a big thing in the franchise (taking both narrative formula and japanese tradition into account),
BUT
it didn't happen. For a multitude of possible reasons may I add (Yamamoto didn't want to? Formulaic? Too little too late?).

My advice is to try and just suspend your disbelief again here, because OF COURSE by now it's highly probable they'd even have nicknames for each other. But they don't, on text. Not much reason for discussions for something that could be quickly explained by noticing the "meta" beyond the work.

Dex-chan lover
I had planned to walk my fiancé down to a prettier location to pop the question, but she was too happy and ready.

I couldn't even put the ring on her finger. She tackled me the moment I asked. She had wanted me to propose for a long time. Had to clear it with her parents and with God first ❤️
fuckin based, bro

Dex-chan lover
I know this is not my ground to walk on, you're talking to another person, but I want to say beforehand that I understand your point.

Revealing these characters' first names would be a big thing in the franchise (taking both narrative formula and japanese tradition into account),
BUT
it didn't happen. For a multitude of possible reasons may I add (Yamamoto didn't want to? Formulaic? Too little too late?).

My advice is to try and just suspend your disbelief again here, because OF COURSE by now it's highly probable they'd even have nicknames for each other. But they don't, on text. Not much reason for discussions for something that could be quickly explained by noticing the "meta" beyond the work.
Im not prodding for a first name. I couldn’t care less about it. I’m just stating the loophole.

Dex-chan lover
Inaba after the main series ended:

hqdefault.jpg

The author of the original series Yamamoto-sensei, retired as a mangaka, and ended both the original "Takagi-San" series and "When Will Ayumunmake His Move?" Romcom. Inaba-Sensei has been gifted with continuing the series in this spin-off...
TIL Ayumu ended, I thought it was the only remaining series he had. Yamamoto cashed in on a full year of anime and retired.

No is THIS your first manga.

They’re not in Highschool and dating. They’re in working age and dating.

There’re older couple out there who use Surname but that one they’d just started dating during their working years. Nishikata and Takagi had been dating since Middleschool

a Shy couple or not, you think they never advance more than that? It took them all of 2 years from meeting to confession and you don’t think they never go to first name basis in the idk 10~ish year they’ve been together.
Man, let's just say that both of them agree to call each other that way. There's no obligation to call first names anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread