Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san - Ch. 74.5 - Bell Peppers

I still never get the japs on this.. are bell peppers that bad in taste? I literally put them in everything I can think of

I still never get the japs on this.. are bell peppers that bad in taste? I literally put them in everything I can think of

Dex-chan lover
@Yamibi
@RandomFacepalm

Not only Japanese. I hate it and my mother hate it too. I hate how it smell. I don't really remember how it taste since I haven't eaten one since I was a kid.
Children have a more sensitive sense of taste and smell than adults so there are things that adults can eat but children can't and it leaves a bad impression on them even until they are adults. If parents continue letting the kids eat those food, they will gradually get used to it. I do have a feeling that if I ate green pepper now, it would taste better than than I was a kid but don't want to take a gamble though.

I only like Yellow ones raw, I dislike them all cooked. No exceptions that I've found.
Life's too short eating shit you don't enjoy. Imo

Dex-chan lover
People who cannot smell the aldehydes and other chemicals in green bell peppers may think that they taste fine. To those who can smell them, they smell and taste like poison. Some rather arrogant people who cannot smell those chemicals mistakenly believe that they are merely bitter to those who dislike them, so that one could get used to them as to other bitter food.

It is no better than ignorant cruelty to compel a child to eat green peppers.

Dex-chan lover
@15avaughn

Either the volume number or the chapter number is wrong for this installment.

(I've posted a report, so an admin might change it before you read this.)

@Oeconomist, base on your contexts prove that you are not asian. You see, we asians are food of cultures, we aren't picky eaters unlike white or uncultured people. If its good, it taste like crap. If youre saying that forcing to feed your children vegetables, which are good for for your body, that is normal for asian parents to do to their children, which you call ignorant cruelty. I suggest you look at your opinions the second or third time. And if you still not understand, you are more than welcome to shapen your opinion and shove it up your arse. And if you think or stated as a fact, that green peppers aren't good for your body, that means whatever you got that information from is probably from an edgy facebook post which consider you a Karen (or a Kevin).

Dex-chan lover
@Some_Karaki-fan

You are trying to use many words, ethnic hostility, and personal insults to overcome basic chemistry and biology. Feel free to ask a botanist at your local college or university about the level of aldehydes in bell peppers before and after ripening. Feel free to investigate whether aldehydes are toxic. Feel free to ask a food scientist why some people dislike cilantro and green bell peppers.

@Oeconomist Uuugh guess I'll try to be more civil... yeah but its not like they eat it like chips. Aldehydes blah blah blah green peppers are healthy like any other vegetables, I DID searched it and it's only toxic to those who are allergic to it, or if it has molds (said by a doctor). So forcing to feed your children green peppers like any other vegetables is not ignorant cruelty but just plain, good parenting.

Dex-chan lover
@Some_Karaki-fan
it's only toxic to those who are allergic to it
No. There isn't enough aldehyde in a green pepper to hurt the vast majority of people, but aldehydes are very literally poisonous to everyone of us. Plants evolved to produce them in order to poison creatures that eat these plants. And that's why
To those who can smell them, they smell and taste like poison.
No informed and decent parent will force a child to eat something that tastes like poison without extraordinary reason. Most parents who force their children to eat green peppers are cruel from ignorance, but I can sadly imagine one who would keep doing so just because he or she didn't want to admit to having been ignorantly cruel.

@Oeconomist But green peppers aren't poisonous. They have a lot of benefits for your body that's why it tastes like crap because it has a lot of vitamins in it. Very beneficial especially in Japan when you can easily get anemia. You know what else taste like poison? Ginger, but did anyone died to a ginger or pepper? No, so there is no reason to call it ignorant cruelty since it is the same as other vegetables.

Dex-chan lover
@Some_Karaki-fan

No, you're trying to confuse the quantity of poison being small with an absence of poison. People who smell the aldehydes in green peppers are literally smelling poison.

You might be unable to smell this poison and still dislike green peppers, but that's a different experience. Vitamins don't smell like poison.

It's possible to inflict pain without causing physical injury, but only a grotesque pervert would do this to a child and treat the lack of injury as vindication. Likewise for making a child ingest what tastes like poison. An extraordinary justification is necessary. There isn't a justification with green peppers (or with ginger), because there are ready alternatives.

@Oeconomist Ugh believe what you will. Just so you know the reason vegetables are being forced to children because they care more about the benefits you gain from it, instead of being whiny and discarding it because of the taste.
Peace Im done arguing

Dex-chan lover
@Some_Karaki-fan

We weren't talking about vegetables in general, but about those that have enough poison in them that some children can smell the poison. Again, it's at best ignorant cruelty to force those children to eat them.

this manga is revolved around nishikita’s naivety, but isn’t the real immature one (former) takagi-san? imagine hiding a food you know your husband doesnt like in his meal. that would genuinely upset me lol

Fed-Kun's army
reading through this comment section and the only thing I can really think is that, most vegetables and fruits actually contain some kind of poisonous substance inside of them so I fail to see how it is ignorantly cruel to have your children eat them. In fact, most of these substances that can be considered poisonous are either bitter or tasteless and don't emit a strong enough scent to be picked up on even by children.
Children don't like bitter things, since the taste of something bitter was an indication that something was potentially harmful. Most bitter things are green, kids hate bitter things there for most kids hate green fruits and vegetables.
It rather is better to have kids eat these things, not only because they do have lots of vitimans and minerals that help them grow and develop, but it also can ease their subconscious hatred for basically any green vegie.
thats all, bye

Users who are viewing this thread