Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san - Vol. 14 Ch. 123 - DVD Rental

Comments on comments:
1 - Just because the US has few video rental places these days DOESN'T mean that there aren't any left in other countries.
2 - You have no idea what "progression" is, so just stop complaining about it.
3 - No one is "dense." They are 13!

Dex-chan lover
"Nishikata, the boy who crawled through a river of teasing and came out married on the other side."

We were so close to a blush, this is the greatest victory since "Turning Point".

Dex-chan lover
We're inching closer and closer
I do like how we're getting more and more of Takagi's point of view

Dex-chan lover
DVD rentals aren't entirely dead. I mean while Netflix has become a streaming powerhouse it still has a DVD service, although you have to pay extra for the subscription. shoot even public libraries have DVD and even VHS rentals.

Aggregator gang
@CyBerK
Woa, I didn't know, thanks!

@princeofcups
I don't know if the comment about US is about my comment, but I'm from Spain and the last video rental place in my city closed about a decade ago.

Double-page supporter
hhhhh seeing takagi get all shy and embarrassed too always gets me in the feels she's too precious <3

Unlike what some idiots think, the story is actually progressing... now Nishikata’s freely talking with her without hesitation, unlike in the beginning when he was a lot embarrassed and nishikata isn’t dense, what else do you expect from a 13 year old kid, reading her mind?

@norit I just think that ths story takes place 10 years ago, takagi no moto occurs in the current year

@Darklight99 I guess this is 10 years ago, there were smartphones (iphone 4 is 10 years old, and there are panels with iphones like 4 and 5 or so)

TSP

Group Leader
A fun fact about Japan - DVD / BD / music / game rentals are still alive and well through the rental chain Tsutaya, which is likely what the author is basing that store off.
Many Japanese people only have a DVD player, a TV, and a cellphone in terms of technology, so the best way for them to view stuff if they don't have a streaming service on their phone (which can be quite expensive anyway) is to rent it for cheap at Tsutaya.

That PS2 though, that's just Nishikata.

Users who are viewing this thread