Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san - Vol. 16 Ch. 135 - Moving Classrooms

Dex-chan lover
Why remove the onomatopeya? It's an important element of the manga. Just try to imagine Jojo's whithout it.
The onomatopeya is also an extension of the expressions and the feelings of the characters.

looking at the recruitment poster, I feel like in the example about this chapter, it’s not really needed to do that. though I can’t read the text, I can infer that it’s emphasizing the action and doesn’t really need to be removed.. kind of like when a character is staring and the onomatopoeia, jiii~ is used
I know they do more depending on the chapter, but I feel like removing things like that scene would save time that the artist could put elsewhere, even if it is a few minutes saved

edit: looks like I’m not alone in this thought lol

@Yiledute all the sfx gets translated and redrawn by sfx letters. before adding them in though, the old ones will have to be removed and the art that got covered will have to be redrawn.

I just noticed something (thanks to one eagle eye person on Reddit), when Nishikata propose the game, he should say classroom instead of art room. Because it wont make sense when Takagi-san win this game because she go to the A/V room first.

Dex-chan lover
I can only ever enjoy this manga if I accept that their relationship is never going to go beyond her teasing him.

Never gonna progress...
Never gonna end...

Then again, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised one of these days.

Thanks for the great chapters this week! Just copying some suggestions for corrections here for visibility.

I think Takagi shouldn't be talking in first person about the loser of the penalty game. For example, on page 8, she would say "So, what about the punishment?" instead of "So, what's my punishment?" That way it would keep it ambiguous who the loser is before the reveal. To continue the ambiguity, page 11 would be changed to "The loser will say the name of their crush", and page 12 would be changed to something like "So it's settled. Time to reveal the name o-". I know it's not perfectly natural but I think it's more important to remain ambiguous.

Also, the rules of the game need to be phrased so the winner is the one who gets to the next class first, not the art room first. So something like "We're switching rooms for art class next period. Whoever gets there the fastest wins."

Finally, on page 2, it should be "spring it on her" (not in her).

I still loved this great chapter and appreciate all your hard work!

Almost had a heart attack there, I thought it was really going to happen for a second and my heart weren’t ready. I choked

Double-page supporter
@matcap Well there lies the mistake, first thing of what not to do when reading a yamamoto manga is expecting progress in yamamoto manga lol

Seriously tho, maybe the spin off where they are already married suits you better? It's still the same with teasing and all but at least the 'progress' (where they are married) is already established since the start.

Why do some translators want to redraw and remove sfx? Are they dumb, they are part of the artwork most of the time, I and most others prefer they are left in and also it's soo much extra work. Literally only downsides

Users who are viewing this thread