Karakuri Circus - Vol. 43 Ch. 425 - Deus Ex Machina - The Curtain Falls

Double-page supporter
Thank you so much to Nakamichi Scans and everyone else who worked on this for all your hard work and seeing to it that this masterpiece could be shared and enjoyed. You guys are phenomenal.

This was a wonderful manga all throughout and I'm so glad I have had the chance to see it from start to finish!

Having started reading this before it was picked back up by your group, I never expected the whole thing to actually get finished one day. Whenever I see a long manga like this get translated all the way through, I'm amazed people would do all that work for free. So: thank you very, very for this gargantuan effort. Seeing your releases drop, whether in volume batches or chapter by chapter, was always a big highlight of my day. Your group did excellent work making this manga available to an English-speaking audience.

Dex-chan lover
It was a really long ride. Really thankful to all the scanlators that worked on this series.

Double-page supporter
Damn, I never thought this one would get finished. I started reading it ages ago, but stopped cause translations stopped and forgot about it. Also I might have been baited with a false ending where shirogane and ML died and Masa was doing a one man act on the streets of japan but that could be something else entirely Or misremembering.

but I am so happy to see this finally finish. I’ll have to reread it all over again to understand ever eventually.

thank you for carrying this all the way to the end, Thank you for your hard work and let us know if you’ll ever pick up a new project!

Dex-chan lover
and the curtain closes.
BRAVO TO EVERYONE!
THANK YOU!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR TRANSLATIONS!
AND TO YOU ALL, A GOOD NIGHT AND MANY MORE CURTAIN CALLS!

I have been reading this manga thanks to you for three years now. Much has happened in my life, much has changed and much has remained. And this manga has always been there, to a greater or lesser extent.
Thank you very much, Nakamachi Scanlation, you have done a wonderful job to finish this magnificent manga.
May your future labors be productive and fruitful.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks you Nakamichi Scans for finishing Karurikuri Circus. it was an impossible mission but you made it real.
I really hope to see you soon on Moonlight Act. It's another masterpiece by Fujita that cannot remain incomplete ;)

NIB

Aggregator gang
I've been waiting for almost 13 years for this day to come. Since I read Ushio to Tora a few years ago, I was always interested in the way Fujita created interesting stories, and Karakuri Circus was my next manga to read. And I was excited, since Null (the same guy who translated Gash Bell in its entirety) was working on it. The wait was tortuous, since Null abandoned the project precisely where the story would have its turning point.

It was so frustrating to see how this manga was forgotten while other series that didn't deserve to be translated (imho) were at the top of manga reader pages (One Manga and Batoto, to name a few examples), and even more when Fujita was writing a new manga (Gekkou Jourei at that time), I had no choice but to look at the raw and calm my curiosity a little, but it's not the same.

That's why I'm very grateful to Funnuraba and Nakamachi Scanlation for translate this manga in its entirety. To everyone who was involved in this project, I don't know if you will read this post, but I sincerely thank you for not abandoning it, this is a story that deserved to be translated in its entirety. Honestly, thank you so much for your time, I know is very hard getting proper raws, redrawining, translating and proofreading a manga. Translate a Fujita manga is not easy, so for that, you guys have all my admiration.

----------------

It was a good ride, but this is where the "curtain falls" and the story ends, I like that Faceless, even with his thoughts of "believe in yourself, never give up, your drems will come true", deep down, It knew he had screwed up a long time ago, that "I was wrong" at the end was painful to read after all he did. Fujita knows how to write a main villain. It was a satisfying ending, with a good ending for everyone (it hurts me the most that old fart Houan died in the timeskip, he was a badass character, even without any special power), from this long journey, I'm more than satisfied, as Tora said in the last volume of Ushio to Tora; "I'm full", I feel like that after all those years. Great read and top notch story, definitely in my top of shonen manga.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I think I first read this manga around... 2010, I think... 14 years ago, I was 16... god, I am getting old XD.

It was a time when a story struck me it was like a train, I got obsessed with this, others that I remember that had the same effect on me were... Eyeshield 21, Negima, Air Gear, there were the classics too Naruto, Bleach, and OP, but it was series "on the side" that really would get me, series that one way or another... I think didn't always have the best ends.

I think this end is a little "weak", I think it is something from that age of stories, but at the same time... I had fun, and the bittersweet feeling in my heart now is the same I had in all of those from that time, a little hurt but happy.

Oh... Gash Bell is another one from that time to me, the end of that one was strong and we even got a continuation last year that is REALLY good, and the OGs will remember this one too... GTO, if you know what it stands for you are an OG ;D.

I am rambling, but... I am happy to finally see the end of this, thanks a lot Nakamashi scans, and all the other teams and translators that did this over the years, this is a special series for me and many others I have no doubt, so seeing the end... is special.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It's been an honor watching this show to the end with all of you. Thank you to the translation team for making this possible, and of course Fujita-sensei and co. as well for bringing us such an enjoyable masterpiece.

And yes, Bai Jin is literally me as well.

Just chiming in, to say thank you to all the people involved in translating and putting this manga out, kudos to you guys, nice job.

Thank you so so so much for translating until the end. This is a true masterpiece (and to me, Fujita's best work). For all its flaws, it has a grandeur which is unmatched, and as such it stands on a league all its own (despite Ushio and Tora and Souboutei being masterpieces on their own right). His skill at drawing true expressions is something I have rarely seen in artists of any caliber, all the more so in manga. As NIB pointed out above, Faceless' expression once he acknowledged he was wrong just feels like a gut punch. It's not easy to capture the anguish, the regret, the acceptance, all at once in a single panel.

The curtain descended, but I won't forget the story any time soon. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread