Kasane to Subaru - Ch. 24

Dex-chan lover
Subaru really is a bundle of nerves and insecurities. He knows what he's doing, how he's acting is wrong, but he can't help himself. It's... Pretty relatable actually, especially to introverts and overthinkers. 😢

Dex-chan lover
Subaru really is a bundle of nerves and insecurities. He knows what he's doing, how he's acting is wrong, but he can't help himself. It's... Pretty relatable actually, especially to introverts and overthinkers. 😢
I can't find it relatable at all, but I can understand why he would behave like that. I can hardly judge this to be a good sign for their relationship, though, unless promptly dealt with. Of course it's still a new relationship, so perhaps he's just not too confident/feeling secure yet, but his desire to monopolise, especially when it comes to Kasane's hobbies (that overlap her job), is pretty bad. But then again, nothing's hopeless because he did immediately recognise he's, himself, behaving incorrectly here. Now I can only hope Kasane won't try to accommodate to his possessiveness too much. That's not the answer to anything, after all. She just needs to make him understand it's not away from him and everything's still cool and the same as far as their relationship goes.

Supporter
I can't find it relatable at all, but I can understand why he would behave like that. I can hardly judge this to be a good sign for their relationship, though, unless promptly dealt with. Of course it's still a new relationship, so perhaps he's just not too confident/feeling secure yet, but his desire to monopolise, especially when it comes to Kasane's hobbies (that overlap her job), is pretty bad. But then again, nothing's hopeless because he did immediately recognise he's, himself, behaving incorrectly here. Now I can only hope Kasane won't try to accommodate to his possessiveness too much. That's not the answer to anything, after all. She just needs to make him understand it's not away from him and everything's still cool and the same as far as their relationship goes.
I'm rooting for them... which is why I hope he figures out sooner rather than later that in the end it's not possible to abuse yourself without abusing the people who care about you in the process. But it's easier said than done, when you've internalized the abuse you've received and can no longer perceive it as external. 😔

Supporter
I'm rooting for them... which is why I hope he figures out sooner rather than later that in the end it's not possible to abuse yourself without abusing the people who care about you in the process. But it's easier said than done, when you've internalized the abuse you've received and can no longer perceive it as external. 😔

yeah… currently going through this with my therapist and it kinda hit me when they told me “you constantly make room and make excuses for other people but give yourself none of that same credit, and in fact abuse yourself on a near constant basis- would you say the same things to a child who had been through EVERYTHING you went through but WAS NOT you.”

Made me start sobbing because the amount of pain I imagined causing the child was like a stab in the heart (something that doesn’t happen when I say those same things to “myself”

Dex-chan lover
I really hope "stalked" is a direct translation.

I like the trajectory of this arc because the issue of jealousy is really just one of insecurity especially for Subaru whose always downplayed himself. He recognizes that taking up all of Kasane's time is unrealistic and she's going to have other priorities, but he also puts it aside for the wrong reasons. His takeaway falls back into self depreciation (which God put a mirror in front of me why don't you) and doesn't actually root itself in reality or how the other party feels. It's great Kasane came after him like this. That alone has to show that of course he's special to her and I'm sure the incoming conversation will give that off as well. As someone who assumes everyone hates them to avoid, that's a pretty rude mindset. You can't people's disinterest in you based on not being the center of their world every second. Yeah Kasane has an outgoing personality and is kind to everyone. Doesn't mean her feelings for you (the MC) aren't special. Subaru really just needs to gain security in their relationship and more importantly some confidence in himself that he can be loved and is always special to someone (in this case that random girl known as his GF whom he just kissed not too long ago).

Double-page supporter
kasane's thoughts of being sad about skipping a weekend date (pg. 9-10)... TELL THEM TO SUBARUUU 🥺😭😭 but yeah subaru is so anxious baby :(

Dex-chan lover
First off, I personally like this arc and I do find it mostly relatable even if it is a rather extreme case here. The overall point gets across, tho.

Same for your comment, I get and even agree with where your thought process ends up at but calling it a "desire to monopolise, especially when it comes to Kasane's hobbies" and then going even further into calling out that she should not "accommodate to his possessiveness too much" is heavily overexaggerated.
This is their first true relationship with infinitely more depth than anything they had to deal with until now as we got to know. They both are incredibly vulnerable by choice which is a good sign. He clearly, known to both of them, is more on the emotional side and more invested into the "usual" relationship aspects- some of it being "my significant other is my number 1 above all"-rose-tinted glasses or sharing everything with each other.
She is more realistic and sees their relationship for what it is, putting it on the same level as work and everything else that is concerning her herself. That in itself is fine and really healthy but this is where this being their first time comes into play- it is all about talking (like is about to happen) and making compromises.
He is kinda trying to monopolise but not possessive at all. He is scared for his place. At her side and in their relationship. She didn't make an effort at all to understand him here (until now) and he didn't communicate properly (as he admitted to himself). He just now realized what I typed before- he is not her sole number 1. She treats everyone the same, which makes her a beautiful human but can be a bit hurtful to a lover. This does happen in other manga, IRL and in other media.

Incredibly well done drama and even if overexaggerated for the medium and entertainment, it flows and feels organic. REALLY looking forward to how this plays out. They both need to make strives to improve as is nature.

Dex-chan lover
Girl you have nothing to apologize for. You should not feel bad for anything. You've done nothing wrong here. The fact that we're even having a discussion about "wrongs" over something so mundane is what is actually wrong.

This is such an overreaction and that is what should be their discussion points, not her apologizing for... (gasp)...having a hobby and being excited!? Oh the horror...This is entirely his issue. I am also a major introvert, over thinker and anxiety bundle but I know that's my issue and would not expect an apology for something that's my problem to work through.

I really hope they don't make it seem like she didn't do something. He needs to work on himself and he is the one who should apologize for making what should have been a fun new experience for her into being about him again.

The fact that even I, while reading the chapter, felt a tinge of anxiety whenever Kasane would happily discuss her hobby or get excited because I worried about how Suburu would react, is itself a travesty. That should not happen. Kasane shouldn't feel she has to modulate her own happiness to appease his; nor should she decide to indulge in her hobby less. She barely did anything. This is not a "both sides" situation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread