Katainaka no Ossan, Kensei ni Naru: Tada no Inaka no Kenjutsu Shihan Datta noni, Taisei shita Deshi-tachi ga Ore wo Hottekurenai Ken - Vol. 4 Ch. 16 …

Dex-chan lover
While it was a good fight, I can't help but feel a little baited by the chapter name "Old man, into a bloodbath!" when the old man is shown for all of one panel, and we hardly even see his fight.
Probably referring to the villain dude that got his ass beat into a pulp.

Dex-chan lover
Did he get his new sword already? If so, that last panel could show that he might have mistakenly turned his opponents into splatters because he was using the sword like his old one....

Dex-chan lover
Man that's even worse. Giving what can only be seen as a loaded gun to someone who only used it as a club lol
I think would like giving a sniper rifle to an amateur gunner: he is better than without one, but is far from "mastering" it

Dex-chan lover
i guess the Old Man is struggling because of the lack of a good sword.

Dex-chan lover
That WAS a bloodbath. See, the old man has some blood on his face, he took a bath!

Dex-chan lover
Probably referring to the villain dude that got his ass beat into a pulp.
Well, sure, after reading the chap it's clear that's the context that was meant, but going into it I think it makes sense to assume the bloodbath's gonna include an old man scene, from the chapter title's grammar. Just a strange chap title stemming from their need to start each one with "old man", even when the old man's nowhere to be seen.

Dex-chan lover
While it was a good fight, I can't help but feel a little baited by the chapter name "Old man, into a bloodbath!" when the old man is shown for all of one panel, and we hardly even see his fight.
Come on, he is in the bath, give the old man some privacy.

Dex-chan lover
it should be granny, into the bloodbath

Dex-chan lover
Did he get his new sword already? If so, that last panel could show that he might have mistakenly turned his opponents into splatters because he was using the sword like his old one....
No, he's armed with just a wooden sword, which makes him worried.
Still, he is now covered in blood that is not his own. Probably because in his hands, a wooden sword cuts people too.
If the sorcerer grandma was correct, the dude was just a random thug of a little bit of strength, who was given all the fancy equipment as a plot by someone else. Often those who didn't really work for their achievements are the most arrogant ones. If that thug had beaten the magic devouring wolf himself, he probably would have had a much better understanding of his own gear's strengths and weaknesses. However, he was just a hoodlum who was probably told he would be invincible wearing them.
Twilight is not a fool (and he layered numerous defenses, not simply relying on just one), but with a finite number of artifacts, he can't compete with an archmage who can invent new forms of attack on the fly.

Dex-chan lover
Twilight is not a fool (and he layered numerous defenses, not simply relying on just one), but with a finite number of artifacts, he can't compete with an archmage who can invent new forms of attack on the fly.
He layered numerous defenses that were given to him by someone else, if the theory is correct. In any case, relying on external power pretty usually doesn't make anyone truly powerful in fantasy. It's not his own power, like the wisdom says. Just look at how he suddenly tried to beg and bargain for him freedom once his artifacts weren't effective anymore.

Dex-chan lover
I thought this manga was about a peerless warrior ossan--why am I getting this million-year-old, all-powerful loli again, and why won't she get out of focus and stay out? You know, so that the rest of the cast--especially the titular ossan--can show what they're made of?

I know why, though--the idea, done to death, is only kept alive by pedophile wanking.

Dex-chan lover
He layered numerous defenses that were given to him by someone else, if the theory is correct. In any case, relying on external power pretty usually doesn't make anyone truly powerful in fantasy. It's not his own power, like the wisdom says. Just look at how he suddenly tried to beg and bargain for him freedom once his artifacts weren't effective anymore.
Having external power is quite normal in fantasy - most heroes have magic swords worthy of them, at least. And our MC is going to get one soon too.
But main characters are usually better than their gear, while nobles are usually much worse than their gear. And people like Twilight are only as good as their gear - capable users, but not heroes.
As for begging and bargaining - that's very much in character for a thief like him. It's not like thieves are supposed to be honorable and face death stoically.

Users who are viewing this thread