Katainaka no Ossan, Kensei ni Naru: Tada no Inaka no Kenjutsu Shihan Datta noni, Taisei shita Deshi-tachi ga Ore wo Hottekurenai Ken - Vol. 5 Ch. 23 …

Dex-chan lover
nah bro, he gave her the amulet to further cement the scam. miyu didn't believe that her big sister died so he gotta give the amulet to let her know for a fact and to also scam her that he can revive the sister for a big sum of money
That Scam only happened afterwards. He gave her the Amulet, told her she is dead, then tried to leave. Only when she started using Magic he decided to use her like the scumbag he was.
Specifically that scene happened in Chapter 20 which showed the event in more detail.

Last edited:
Bruh his students coming up to help cause they knew he was gonna full send that shit got me man, I can't wait to see some blood next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
That Bishop & whoever is behind him is pretty stupid. Setting up a diabolical necromancy-esque research facility in the basement of the Church in the CAPITAL CITY OF A FOREIGN NATION is about the stupidest thing you could do.

Dex-chan lover
That Bishop & whoever is behind him is pretty stupid. Setting up a diabolical necromancy-esque research facility in the basement of the Church in the CAPITAL CITY OF A FOREIGN NATION is about the stupidest thing you could do.
If I understand it right, he was chased out of all the other places he could go to.
Because that research is forbidden even in the country he's from. Exactly because every researcher ends up like him.
wow that guy with dreadlocks was legit the lowest of low. after scamming the big sister, he also scammed the lil sister. damn.

sadly, our old man can only run so much :( i wish the loli head mage helps him with his deteriorating body

IT'S TIME FOR THE SWORD DEBUT LEZGOOOOO
i'm excited for the next chapter

honestly just give the old man a plain indestructible dull sword and watch the chaos ensues for his enemies lmao but it looks like his sword have a flame attribute since the eagle's highlight skill that he fought was that flame
In the web novel version, the sword was just somewhat tougher and sharper than normal swords. It did not shoot flame or anything.
But the manga version is quite different (probably based on light novel), so there are many possibilities. For example, in the web novel, he started this infiltration with the new sword, and the little girl did not participate.
Overall, changes in the manga increase coolness and drama, so I approve of them.

Dex-chan lover
If I understand it right, he was chased out of all the other places he could go to.
Because that research is forbidden even in the country he's from. Exactly because every researcher ends up like him.
So he has been accused of performing this research in his original country of his religion, but he's still considered a bishop of his faith? And they had no problem in him becoming the Bishop of a church in the capital city of a foreign nation where he's pretty damn likely to cause trouble? Or does the religious nation not know of his current whereabouts and stuff? Which doesn't make a lot of sense either as they should be well aware of who the bishop is in the capital of another nation. That would be quite the important position.

There are a lot of issues with this entire premise...

Dex-chan lover
In the web novel version, the sword was just somewhat tougher and sharper than normal swords. It did not shoot flame or anything.
But the manga version is quite different (probably based on light novel), so there are many possibilities. For example, in the web novel, he started this infiltration with the new sword, and the little girl did not participate.
Overall, changes in the manga increase coolness and drama, so I approve of them.
probably the sword will change to make the VFX more aesthetic lmao

Dex-chan lover
So he has been accused of performing this research in his original country of his religion, but he's still considered a bishop of his faith? And they had no problem in him becoming the Bishop of a church in the capital city of a foreign nation where he's pretty damn likely to cause trouble? Or does the religious nation not know of his current whereabouts and stuff? Which doesn't make a lot of sense either as they should be well aware of who the bishop is in the capital of another nation. That would be quite the important position.

There are a lot of issues with this entire premise...
Most likely, just like in this city, people were starting to track him down, so he had to relocate to a different place before he got caught.
But this time, his luck is going to run out, because he encountered the protagonist of the story, not a random nameless inquisitor.

Dex-chan lover
Man, when the scene about the carriage's track in front of the stable comes around, my heart dropped. Then, my man decided to go at it. Fuck it all, knowing not how close nor how far Miyu is, knowing it is futile by all logic and reason. You don't chase a horse-carriage on foot, damn it! Still, he did.

Down the endless road, he did. All the dull of his old life, all the nostalgia from the reunions with his pupil, it is all at the end of that road and he will not stop reaching for it, even if his old bones crack and shatter. For at the end of the road, he finally found a purpose in his life.

And his pupils are there, just at the end of the road.

My head playing the whole rising note of Interstellar's spinny satellite orchestration during that whole scene :qq:

Dex-chan lover
Well, you could also set up a small-time swindler and pimp with a few magical artifacts each one worth a palace, for instance. In exchange for...uhhh...checks notes... corpses. Yeah, those are always in short supply in densely populated urban areas.

Dex-chan lover
i'm just gonna calling that the knight killer joined the church because he is promised to revive her lover or something

Dex-chan lover
F*ck me man, having to basically desecrate innocent people's bodies, even the one you were supposed to search for, because some deranged f*cks are trying to play God.... This chapter messed me up
YOU know what desecrates body the most? Euthanizing patients then using them for transplants.

Dex-chan lover
i'm just gonna calling that the knight killer joined the church because he is promised to revive her lover or something
We always get flashbacks of villains one full chapter then they die the next chapter. So ... let me guess ... this battle has slotted the whole year of 2024. It is a monthly release after all.

Users who are viewing this thread