Katekyo Hitman Reborn! - Vol. 42 Ch. 409 - Ciao Ciao!

Damn I wasn't expecting to see this out of the blue... I used to read this religiously whenever it released.

@akole the way it ended might be bad, but does that ruin the journey? I’ll give it a 6 or 7 out of 10, coz I’ve seen worse.

I'm not too fond of the last few arcs but I did like the ending.
It felt better than the 10 years later a wife a house and 2.5 kids and you don't know how they got there.

Leeeeettt'ssss Borutoooooooo
not

Double-page supporter
Enough rare to have me say it :
The anime's Ending was better !

So rushed ending, this series kinda went downhill in the middle of Enma arc till Rainbow, there are so many unanswered questions like :
> Who is Tsuna pick in the end rofl, eventough it's 100% clear Kyoko but Amano couldn't even make sure
> Cervello, where are they come from?
> Literally 0 backstory about Hibari and why he's in love with the school
> Tsuna's character development that didn't change at all, in the end he still in denial to become mafia or anything it's damn annoying
> Small world building like.... mafia family aside from Vongola is shit and full of mid-high schooler which is stronger than adults wtf
> "Mafia" in this shounen have concept of boxes and pokemon meh
> Future Tsuna's face, at least Amano should go for timeskip where they actually become real Vongola family.

BUT still an amazing shounen regardless, one of the best i've read, i really hope Artland continued this but eh the studio itself already dissapeared :( Japan please remake this... this is a good shounen to watch.

Zero development MC.
No point in everything else that happened because Tsuna never changed at all.

Dex-chan lover
Not the best shounen but it's damn sure better than a lot of the crap that is currently being released now. People really out here thinking Tsuna should change so much in the span of a fucking year at most it's wild

Swear yall never satisfied. The last two arcs are the BEST in the whole manga. The ending was nice, it wasn’t rushed at all. Stop shitting on Tsuna, yes his denial of being a mafia boss can get annoying but at the end of the day, you gotta understand he didn’t even ask to be a mafia boss but is pressured into fulfilling the role anyways and he’s still a 14 yr old kid. My guy just wants a normal life. But, on a side note, enma arc was 💖✨ , i hope KHR could get rebooted! Imma miss hibari 😔 but idgaf but yalls negative opinions, the art got SOOO amazing tho, a 10/10 i mf enjoyeddd (pretend daily life arc doesnt exist)

While re-reading this manga for the X-th time, the "A Wingless Angel" on the last page kinda stood out for me for the first time, and I couldn't remember why...
So I tried to remember, the I had a flash : The lyrics of the first opening of the anime.
I don't know if it was a coincidence or a small reference to it, but I never thought about it before...

Double-page supporter
I just binged all of KHR within the span of a few weeks! And good god, this manga really doesn't fail to make me fall in love with it. This was my first time making it all the way to the end( i grew up watching the anime as it was airing tho ), and it's really sad, since it does seem like there was a bit of rushing. Granted, however, that a lot of the pacing in general is really fast. Does that make it inherently worse? No, I don't think so. While giving little things more time to be fleshed out would have been nice, you do have to sit and think of what JUMP is like as a publisher, and how KHR was never some super huge phenomenon like other JUMP manga.

It had to put in extra work to even TRY to keep up with things like Naruto, Bleach, Gintama, and One Piece, so action was put at the forefront of most of the arcs. Fights, battles, so on and so forth. All so that it could hold the attention of the readers. Not to mention the ending was rushed simply because KHR was CANCELLED. It was given it's death date, and Amano-sensei had to work within what she was given. There was no hope of a 100% satisfying ending when you're suddenly told by your editor that the manga you've spent the last 8 years writing and drawing is going to end in a certain amount of weeks/chapters, and there was nothing you could do about it.

Manga aren't given 100+ chapter warnings that they're going to be canned. More often than not, they're given maybe a few weeks of notice, and then forced to work as fast as they can to cram in everything they wanted to just so that the author could have some semblance of an ending that wasn't a complete cliffhanger.

Nice manga. Honestly, it's a better ending than most could get. Emma's arc was not so good, but the last one kind of got some great things. For one, it gave a lot of fans fights they wanted to see and we get to knew the biggest mystery of the series. I really liked the last villain design, the baby from Vindice I mean. I think he could've been done better. But that last fight was solid. Amano really did tie the things nicely at the end. Honestly, the manga really couldn't have done more.

Man, I finally reached the end. Watched the anime when I was younger and finished it but wanted more. Also wanna say that I absolutely love this series and that I really hope the anime gets picked up again sometime in the future. I do have some gripes with it though, like weird power scaling(Tsuna getting stronger yet being beaten by side characters towards the end, for example; his first fight against his dad). Still tho, this series will live on in my heart as one of my favorites.

Users who are viewing this thread