Kawaii Kanojo-chan - Ch. 28

Dex-chan lover
The protagonist didn't ask the question, it's on the left side of the chat, its the person he's texting that said the "though?" statement. They thought she left early and is now concerned that they've gotten it wrong, so they've worded it in such a way can prompt a response: "Didn't she leave earlier, though?" yes or no. Or even I don't know, now I'm concerned.

And even if that's not the case, your example about clothes isn't a rhetorical question. A rhetorical question "is a question asked for a purpose other than to obtain information." In your example, the MC is providing a contradictory opinion and is looking to understand why the FMC thinks the opposite. This is a declarative question. It's a thing in English grammar. You don't have to respond to it, but that doesn't stop it from being a verification question.

Maybe it's just a regional thing, but I hear this sort of phrasing all the time in the Midwest and I've read plenty of books published in the US that use this in dialogue, so I'm genuinely surprised that anyone hasn't come across this before.
Honestly, I believe this is a thing in a lot of languages. My native language is Chinese, and you can hear this kind of speech: "你在打籃球?" or "你打籃球?" spoken as a question. Even though we normally should have added "嗎?" or "會" in formal writing/setting for it to be a question, in informal spoken language we do that all the time.

I was surprised that some people don't have this kind of concept.

Dex-chan lover
♫ mama, just killed a girl ♫
♫ broke into ikuto’s room, hammer in her skull, and now she’s dead ♫
♫ mama, life has just begun (with ikuto) ♫
♫ and now I’m the only girl in his life ♫

Bohemian Yandere Rhapsody
I think this fits better...

Dex-chan lover
YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO YABAI ZO

Honestly, I believe this is a thing in a lot of languages. My native language is Chinese, and you can hear this kind of speech: "你在打籃球?" or "你打籃球?" spoken as a question. Even though we normally should have added "嗎?" or "會" in formal writing/setting for it to be a question, in informal spoken language we do that all the time.

I was surprised that some people don't have this kind of concept.
Well you're multilingual, you speak Chinese and are at least fluent in English, so I'm sure you understand that no two languages have all the same features as each other - it shouldn't be surprising to you. Among many other differences, English doesn't do the tonal shit that Mandarin does where the same vocalization with a different tone is an entirely different word. Well, English also doesn't do "[statement] though?" as a valid question. You at least have the decency to admit you're ESL unlike the jackballs who keep insisting that just because declarative questions exist that therefore this makes the particular utterance natural in modern English, informally or otherwise. It doesn't matter that it's linguistically possible, it isn't how native English speakers actually speak, period. This exists nowhere except in Asian-produced ESL writing. You will not find this in any movie or book produced by a native English speaker unless they're so immersed in Japanese media that they've come to start adopting the emergent Terminally Online Weeb dialect that was born out of this community's inability to work around overly literal translation problems, and settling for inferior transliterations that would not pass muster as natural English.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
No update? I think ch.29's been up for a while and this scan team doesn't seem inactive /updated other stuff

Dex-chan lover
@x_renon_x
thanks for the translation, was this dropped?
Surprised there wasn't some kinda post as the TL is also working on other series, if not some group attempting a snipe, but maybe something happened with the type setting/caused a delay?

Group Leader
@x_renon_x
Surprised there wasn't some kinda post as the TL is also working on other series, if not some group attempting a snipe, but maybe something happened with the type setting/caused a delay?
Ask the Author if she dropped it. We're all waiting for the raw to be released so we're all waiting patiently.

Final note
This isn't a manga under a publisher to have a release schedule, it's a webcomic and it's up to the author if he wants to release a new chapter or not.

Last edited:
Group Leader
No update? I think ch.29's been up for a while and this scan team doesn't seem inactive /updated other stuff
@x_renon_x
I know you guys saw that there's chapter 29 from other language, but those are paywalled release, so we rely on Pixiv and Twitter raw which is free. Unless you want an English TL for Chapter 29, you can help us by sending in the raws.
We're not forcing anyone to do it though just to remind you all. :nyoron:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread