Kaya-chan wa Kowakunai - Vol. 5 Ch. 33 - Espers are not scary

Dex-chan lover
Like hey dude, Kaya literally just went through one of the scariest things a child can go through. "the beast has forgotten how to retract its claws" bullshit! Let her calm down first and then have your trauma dump later lmao.

Dex-chan lover
Loved (HATED) the animated scratching SFX on pages 6 & 7. Thanks for the chapter.

So referring back to the translated family tree in Ch. 14 the identity reveal lines up mentioning that male children of the Ebisumori Clan are sent away for adoption and where Namu mentions growing up in an orphanage. That's actually pretty awful considering they treated him like an insane person with medication despite his clan knowing all along that what he saw/heard was real.

Espers aren't scary. SHE is (cue piano crash)

Kudos to the teacher for having the strength of character to grab a child with so much uncontrolled energy she's ripping her own skin off :salute:
On the last page back in Ch. 20 we see her already hugging and fully accepting Kaya-chan even while she was in full black face (no not that kind of black-face). Sensei is a real MVP, I kinda think this is one situation where poor Kaya-chan needs her Dad/Mom more at the moment (and assuming that is mostly her right now).

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Loved (HATED) the animated scratching SFX on page 6. Thanks for the chapter.

So referring back to the translated family tree in Ch. 14 the identity reveal lines up mentioning that male children of the Ebisumori Clan are sent away for adoption and where Namu mentions growing up in an orphanage. That's actually pretty awful considering they treated him like an insane person with medication despite his clan knowing all along that what he saw/heard was real.

On the last page back in Ch. 20 we see her already hugging and fully accepting Kaya-chan even while she was in full black face (no not that kind of black-face). Sensei is a real MVP, I kinda think this is one situation where poor Kaya-chan needs her Dad/Mom more at the moment (and assuming that is mostly her right now).
Dang, I already thought that Kaya’s mom’s family was kinda messed up and cold af. I feel bad for Namu, but I still want to rain hellfire and brimstone on him for talking about Kaya this way. Once again, we’re reminded that Kaya is still a child who doesn’t have the understanding or experience to fully grasp some of the real world issues such as an actual deceased person, suicides, strangers with bad intentions, cruelty/bullying and two faced people, problems with pregnancies, etc.

He so isn’t helping. Punch him in his no longer handsome face, Chie

Dex-chan lover
Loved (HATED) the animated scratching SFX on pages 6 & 7. Thanks for the chapter.

If this series ever gets an anime, I hope they don't screw things up when they animate Kaya-chan turning black. Things could get real uncomfortable real quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread