Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi - Vol. 5 Ch. 24

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand how they can know they met their forever-person. I still don't get the connection between physical and emotional attraction.

Dex-chan lover
NAH. SHE'S JUST A B**h.
She wants someone to like her for more than her appearance, but Ijichi does like her for more than her appearance, he likes her for her personality too and specifically how she treated him when they went airsofting. It's not just that Ijichi has a hard time saying what he wants to say though, she's so upset from projecting onto him that she asked him what he likes about her in anger and didn't wait for a response because she just ASSUMES he only likes her for her looks.

She said it herself though, she really just wants to be confessed to by a guy that she already likes, or is at least clearly interested in. She is upset at him for acting without knowing how she feels, but for a guy like Ijichi, when she compared him to a male idol she liked that was the closest he ever got to being flirted with in his entire LIFE lol. That's about as clear a sign of interest as he ever thought he could get.

IMO she has a pretty immature view of confessions because she seems to think they're all or nothing, either acceptance and you start dating or rejection and both parties walk away hurt with an eternal schism between them. Runa's approach of giving dating a shot even though she didn't have feelings for Ryuuto when he confessed didn't just confuse her, she brought it up here because it UPSET her. She doesn't have the emotional maturity to empathize with Ijichi right now because of her past bad experiences or to consider getting to know him AFTER his confession to see if she might like him knowing he already likes her, whether by going out on dates or by just spending time together with their mutual friends. To be fair, she might just not like fat guys, but if that's true, and it likely is given her attitude later in the anime, she's even more immature for not saying that outright and talking all that shit about him only considering her looks.

Dex-chan lover
I am also failed at living my youth. :meguuusad:
I tell you it is strategy, like war games. Mixers are effective after all. In high school, join clubs that interact with girls.

Video games must be sacrificed, or rather, the evil that must be expelled from the system. Even the oldest rom coms up to 2019 never had a single video game in their screen. That bottom-tier Tomozaki? Pure fantasy.

Well that OreImo, that is truth, damn it hurts. BUUT "life counseling" won't be the end of it. It will be a RAAAABBBBEEEEETTT HOOOOOWWWWWLLL.

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand how they can know they met their forever-person. I still don't get the connection between physical and emotional attraction.
People just need drugs. NATURAL ONES like dopamine or over-the-counter ones like caffeine or alcohol. I tell you those do the "magic".

Without those ... enjoy sage mode.

Meanwhile, Nisshi...
yamcha-meme-death-1078204.jpg
Meanwhile, bocchi

Fed-Kun's army
Are the people angry in comments also the people that can't pick up on social cues IRL? Wym how are you supposed to know someone likes you, well maybe you're not 100% sure but you can sure have an inkling from the way they interact with you beyond being nice. Hint: just because they're nice to you doesn't mean they like you. Yeesh.

Dex-chan lover
Are the people angry in comments also the people that can't pick up on social cues IRL? Wym how are you supposed to know someone likes you, well maybe you're not 100% sure but you can sure have an inkling from the way they interact with you beyond being nice. Hint: just because they're nice to you doesn't mean they like you. Yeesh.
Hate to break it to you, but you're in an online comment section on a manga website. Plenty of us are neurodivergent and have a hard time picking up on social cues like that lol.

IDK if you were referring to me at all, but personally I don't think there's anything shameful about failing to pick up on such cues. Direct, authentic verbal communication is underrated and a skill that most people lack and punish others for having when they don't have it.

Dex-chan lover
ISTG the first time I heard the term "situationship" I lost my god damn mind. Just piecing it together from context clues, I couldn't believe just how dumb a concept it was let alone how unhealthy it was that people are willingly entering into these kinds of relationships.

Granted, it's great that there's more vocabulary to bring awareness to unhealthy relationship dynamics now that people are learning about psychology and openly talking about it, but sometimes I hear new words and popularized phrases that just make me question if we're actually going backwards as a society.... The worst is when therapy-speak is weaponized by selfish, immature, and sometimes downright narcissistic people. Hopefully it's just that we're more aware of it than before than that it's actually gotten any worse lol
It's as if we've become the old people (new-gen boomers?) who 'haven't gotten with the times', but when you see how things are right now, you have to wonder if 'getting with the times' and going with the flow is really the best option. There are moments when it's time to stop and pull yourself in reverse to see the whole picture.

MD@Home
Surely you're joking. What social cues? This isn't the 19th century or prior where courtship had established rules for either party to signal their interest. Unless someone is very direct (and most people aren't), all you're going to get most of the time is that someone is nice to you, which, as you say, doesn't necessarily mean they want to date you, but at least they probably don't actively dislike you. Heck, often people do not even have an established opinion on whether they want to date you or not until you ask.
Sometimes you get lucky and can tell that someone's interested (unless you misread the situation and fall flat on your face). But this is far from guaranteed, whether you're a social butterfly or not. Sometimes you just have to try your luck.

Fed-Kun's army
No? It's the way she did it, a simple "no thanks" would work but the chick that has never been in love has literally no right to tell others how they feel ... instead she goes on a rant when she has 0 idea how he feels or what she is even talking about lol

Dex-chan lover
Shes a bitch. "Make sure someone likes you before confessing."

Fucking how??
I came here to write this very comment. But since you already did it for me, allow me to add a little bit at the end.

Does this hoe even understand the point of "confessing" is to put the information out there for people to react to it? In this case: "confessing your feelings" to the other person so they can do the same for you?

Well, I guess that's what she did. In the worst way possible, yes, but she certainly confessed a lot of things.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, round boy was absolutely out of line here. Specifically for two things: the detail of making a public confession was one and, if he had actually bothered to get to know her better, he would probably have noticed how she also has no idea how to put herself in someone else's shoes.

Not that this author would ever dare represent this in such a way.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Surely you're joking. What social cues? This isn't the 19th century or prior where courtship had established rules for either party to signal their interest. Unless someone is very direct (and most people aren't), all you're going to get most of the time is that someone is nice to you, which, as you say, doesn't necessarily mean they want to date you, but at least they probably don't actively dislike you. Heck, often people do not even have an established opinion on whether they want to date you or not until you ask.
Sometimes you get lucky and can tell that someone's interested (unless you misread the situation and fall flat on your face). But this is far from guaranteed, whether you're a social butterfly or not. Sometimes you just have to try your luck.
No guts no glory.

How many female friends do you have? Do you confess all of them just because you have a bit of a good thing going with them? No? Then maybe it's because you're picking on some sort of clues that attempting a relationship with them isn't the best move.

Hachiman said it best, unpopular guys get the wrong ideas all by themselves from girls that are just nice to everyone and then blame them for failing to meet their expectations. Ijichi went for the first hot girl who ever gave him any sort of positive attention making his crush pretty superficial in the first place, more than that he confessed not because he wanted to get his feelings across and hiding them was hurting him but because he genuinely thought he actually had a chance even with how little he knew her boosted by his virgin delusions of "she's nice to me that means she wants my d!ck 100%"

Then there's the fact that she's right in how forcing Ryuuto to confess as a punishment game is a d!ck move no matter the reasons and they're just lucky it turned out good for them this one time.

Users who are viewing this thread