Kekkaishi e no Tensei - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
Well, no matter what happens, the greatest tragedy is that we didn’t see them skin the bull from the asshole on out.

Can somebody may spare some spoilers?? Umm..I expect no tragedy but it reeks of flags up and down, also please do tell about the relationship of the couple.

Fed-Kun's army
I take back what I said... he did grow a little bit...

Fed-Kun's army
@Doomer are you working for sombody? Yes then you too are property my dear... we just call it diffrent nowdays but slavery is fairly common

Fed-Kun's army
@m4ng4 if you want some spoilers, take a look at the raws, there is the next chapter and the 7th chapter available for free reading. Maybe you wont understand what they are saying, but it will surely give up some ideas of whats happening next ;)

Dex-chan lover
@Bluedudu so if i were to put you in chains and force you to do slave labour you would be ok with it because "hey i'm already a slave to the state so who cares if i have a new owner"?

this isn't some "taxes are theft" situation, he's literally a slave, he's owned and sold and property and his entire existence belongs to these people. he doesn't have any rights or choices...

The spoiler here will ruin this manga for some people, so Be-Ware

MC's masters and their family, they all die. Yup, it's gonna suck.

Please don't expect much from me. It is just what I gathered from here and there.

Fed-Kun's army
@Doomer strange... do you see him wearing chains? because i dont...

he is simply doing the job of a servant/bodyguard and for that is provided with food and shelter (maybe even money? didnt see it yet)

sounds like a pretty normal medieval job to me ... the only thing which was pretty bad was the start where he woke up in chains which would be a unpleasant situation but instantly after he was bought we simply switched to a normal job...

the only other option would be death....in medieval ages parents let their children starve pretty often because life was harsh... you think a 6 year old "modern" person would stand a chance?^^ his only choice is to work for somebody and back then we called it serving ;)

Dex-chan lover
@Bluedudu did i miss the part where he was released from being a slave? is he voluntarily working there?
all of this would be ok if it wasn't for the fact that HES A FUCKING SLAVE. he is just property and he's totally ok with it. that is the part i can't stand, he can work for them all he want but the fact that he's a willing slave makes him a complete and utter useless shit in my eyes.

Fed-Kun's army
@Doomer so what bothering you is the word and not the condition? so beeing a slave in (this here is already a familiy like situation) is worse than beeing free starving like an animal on the street? :D

Dex-chan lover
@Bluedudu we have different opinions on what's most important in life. for you it might be comfort for me it's freedom. i would rather die free than live as a slave.

Fed-Kun's army
@Doomer yeah i guess its just different mindset even tho i find it hard to understand how you can live like that in a modern society as you will find rules (shackles) everywhere and if you dont follow them (such like laws) you will be caged like a n animal :D

Dex-chan lover
@Bluedudu are you shackled to your house? to your town? are you not allowed to leave? are you forced to do the job you now do? are you know allowed to quit? to change jobs? are you allowed to join a club/hobby? are you allowed to go on vacation? are you allowed to earn money?

i get what you're trying to say, laws put restraints on us but you are comparing pebbles and boulders here...

Fed-Kun's army
@Doomer i dont think its so far to compare

yes you can move to another country but there you will be shackled again by the new rules^^ same with job it doesnt matter if you work for apple or google fact remains you stay as a servant^^

as for hobby/club or vacation iam pretty sure the mc here has this freedom to do this

Dex-chan lover
@Doomer It's all a balancing act of freedom vs security. Currently he's a slave, but he has a home, food, friends etc.. He's being trained, and probably educated. So far, nothing indicates he's being treated as anything less than a normal employee, since being bought. He has a somewhat secure life, despite not being 'free'.

Now say he broke free, and left. He now has no home, no food, no money, no allies. He will now be hunted as a runaway slave. The only thing he has is the skills and knowledge his 'owners' gave him. But since he's hunted, he can't live in society. He'll have to live in the wild, fighting for his life everyday. He now has freedom, but literally no security.

It works like this in our world too. You give up small freedoms, having to follow laws. You gain security because the laws are enforced on everyone (well, in theory, anyways), protecting you from murder and the like. You can't have full freedom and still expect security. If you're free to ignore the law, your neighbour is free to kill you and take your stuff.

Now, I'm not saying slavery can be accepted, it's a horrid thing. I'm just saying from MCs point-of-view, this is the best option he has.

Edit: My spelling sucks, fixed.😉

Dex-chan lover
So fmc was badly damaged in the past, that explains the lack of any "romance" type tags.

Users who are viewing this thread