Kekkaishi e no Tensei - Vol. 3 Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
yo guys chill out

@mommunism

she's just autistic - likes books but has no idea how people feel and act and why so she can't predict any of their actions

They are using our poor girl.... I hope she comes to notice the fact they are using her with all her knowledge she is book smart and easy to use in their eyes

Aggregator gang
@Owyn It's like nobody here knows fucking anything about supporting an argument. I'm not asking what you think about her. I'm asking WHY. What has she done that shows a lack of street smarts? The only important decision I noticed in this chapter is that she's valuing skill over prestige for government positions, which shows exactly the opposite of what people in the comments are claiming. A street smart person would just play by the rules of the time, but she's breaking a rule to improve the current conditions. It's anything but book smarts over street smarts.

Dex-chan lover
@yuzuyuzu
@Owyn
@mommunism

what they're trying to get at with the "book smarts vs street smarts" argument is that they believe a street smart person would be inherently distrustful of these people and wouldn't be manipulated. My point was that we only really believe she's being manipulated by bad people because of the author's portrayal. If you go by their stated positions, and what they'll actually do from spoilers they are not wrong.
being commoners who believe people should be work according to ability and resenting corrupt nobles/wanting to purge them is just being consistent
There's also a false parallel being made between her trying to get the approval of her father and her belief in equity. It technically doesn't matter if what drove you to look at an issue is something selfish and simple. She didn't come to that conclusion because she wants daddy to love her, she came to that conclusion on her own when looking for something to improve. It's just that, because she wanted to help him, she looked for something to improve. Since it's portrayed in the same breath and people tend to link these together anyway (thinking that what drove you to look at a problem is what solely defines how you decide to deal with it and other things like your character don't factor in) people conclude that she's doing this BECAUSE she's a daddy's girl.

Again, though, I'll say that the author is just now, previously, and in the future portraying any challenge to rulers as bad and the mc will always faithfully serve them whether he's a servant or slave. This is just how they frame the issue of the aristocracy, slavery, equity and other topics in the story.

How disgusting. She was groomed to be their political puppet. They've no interest with what the princess purpose and deceive her to think that whatever that they'll told her to do would bring her closer to her goal. In reality she's just being used by them to take over the country.

Aggregator gang
@Meridis She also shows personal disgust for the lazy nobles in this chapter, so it's clear she was interested in better workers before she was ever "manipulated" into this position. It just genuinely blows my mind how every single person in this thread (bar you) could be such a moron. These are probably the same people who grow up to say biology teachers are indoctrinating their kids.

@mommunism I don't fault her for the situation. She has a disloyal advisors and AWOL parents.

Her goal is to become the emperor, and is known as a scholar. Sure, that kind of knowledge is an essential base, but at some point experience becomes indispensable as well. She is sincerely attempting to get experience her own way. But she hasn't developed the emotional intelligence to notice her advisor has ulterior motives, or that no level of effort will win her parents approval.
Ideally someone would set her up with practical, yet low risk tasks. Starting at the low-mid levels of government and fast track her up through the administration as she grew. Letting her dictate state level policies and high level appointments right out of the gate is too risky for her career IMO. She hasn't been exposed to the cause and effect of decision making. Her advisors are using her sincerity and trusting attitude to guide her into landminds, knowing full well she doesn't have the political acumen to resolve the fallout.

Group Leader
I'm happy this keeps getting updates. It's a very different Isekai and the story is going really well so far

@mommunism
haha lol so if i say it in a more direct way, i'd say an example of her action was: just blindly following her "teachers", when the teacher say to her to fire her maids(or was it workers? anyways someone below her), she blindly followed it, and when they suggests to solve the prostitution problem in the ch before, the princess was just trying to destroy the business, but she was unable to understand the real core of the problem was the customers and not the business, which is something people who only study from books would be able to think.

why am i trying so hard lol it's just my opinion and i dont need to convince everyone to think the same 😂😂 i dont know whether this example would make sense to you, but at least from my pov, my thoughts, and my past experiences, they are. you, however, grow up v differently to mine, have different culture and experiences as well, so it's totally fine to disagree with me

btw sorry for the english its not my first language

Aggregator gang
@yuzuyuzu She didn't blindly follow them. She already agreed with their stance (she had called the nobles useless before) and she still questioned the mentor, asking how it would pay off, which they gave a reasonable answer for (and no shit it's going to pay off if you hire people based on skill). As for the prostitution thing, both books and street smarts would tell you that supply creates demand. Anybody who knows anything about regulation will know that they feed into each other. The problem is never just customers or just businesses. The author is just grandstanding with no education on the topic because they think it sounds cool.

I don't like where this is going. I just don't like these kinda plots and stories. Gonna put it on hold and just skimp when this part is done or so...

Dex-chan lover
If she considers nobles useless and wants to only hire the best people for the job, she's actually working against the very foundations of the country, including the monarchy. Absolute monarchy is autocratic and thus inherently corrupt. The absolute ruler has an inherited position, nothing to do with skills or talents. Nobody can rule a country alone, so there must be plenty of underlings. Each and every one of them wants a share of the cake, following the example of the autocrat, and they must be accepting the nature of the government. Certainly the ruler can change the underlings somewhat, but especially if someone else starts doing it, it ultimately begs the question of why not replace the ruler themselves with someone more competent. Or even remove the whole monarchy if favour of something else, like republic. That's obviously the ruler's greatest fear. Starting from the ruler, all the nobles and other aristocracy would like to fancy themselves irreplaceable. It's a delicate house of cards, where the will to keep it going forever is more important than competence.

It very much seems to me the princess's aide is trying to make the princess perform a political suicide by shaking the established order too much.

Users who are viewing this thread