Kekkon Surutte, Hontou desu ka: 365 Days To The Wedding - Vol. 4 Ch. 35 - Are You Okay to Go on a Date? (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
rly lying to own mother when they already told the truth to MC family?

Dex-chan lover
So full of misunderstandings for the characters and us viewers 🤣

And yeah I'm not sure if they were even close or not. They're somewhat distant yet not. Pretty sure she tried to be a good mom though.

I don't know if the raw is using 'san' or not but, I guess you don't need to use 'san' who will use an honorific to their own children?

Group Leader
Hey everyone, translator here. Honjouji's mom does use "-san" in her dialogue in the Japanese. It's not *unheard of* that a parent might use san with their grown children, but it's not remotely common. Based on this, there seems to be more to Honjouji's backstory and relationship to her parents than we've seen so far, but that's just guesswork on my part.

Dex-chan lover
@Rialtoir yeah but should tell about their little lie like they did to MC family, mother somehow got the info about it and that might be a plot thing to make things harder in future

Aggregator gang
Maybe the "-San" is like when your parent calls you by your first+middle name and you know they mean business

@PostImpressionism not really, she hasn't even decided if she's gonna accept his confesion yet and as far as they themselves know they're not gonna marry they're just gonna wait till is decided which of the other single employees will be sent to Siberia and then cancell everything. She has nothing to come clean about to her with how things are right now and by how they talk they're not close enough to discuss her deceiving her workplace with her

Contributor
My friend refers to his parents by their 1st names, which is certainly super unusual, but they're on perfectly fine terms, so I think Rika's mom using "-san" doesnt necessarily mean something bad. Could just be a weird thing. Unlikely given that this is fiction and Chekhov's gun and all that, but you never know.

surprisingly the comments in this chapter were productive, that's nice to see, I hope it continues like this 😄

Users who are viewing this thread