Kemono Jihen - Vol. 10 Ch. 39 - Affection

Dex-chan lover
@Melakias
I actually hope that by accident the foxes suffer the same fate as their victims ie cut and glued together into something grotesque. Killing them is not enough.

D17.png

Dude, that's not how electricity's supposed to work

@Alhazred23 Nearly. Chapter 40 came out hours ago, and then there's the rest of the volume 9 extras and all of the volume 10 extras (also released earlier today in Japan) to be 100% caught up with all the material.

Aggregator gang
I suspect for maximum drama, one of the two kitsune will be killed/incapacitated and the other will go berserk. I'm excited to see Inugami's powers too. I want the big buff oni guy to survive and join the crew but that might be asking too much... he has "sacrificial death" stamped all over him.

Fed-Kun's army
If one of the kitsune "dies" my bet is on Hinata, just because if her body is destroyed there is a chance that Robara will just go and stick her head to his shoulder- though i am not sure if it's worth more "sick bastard" points if he just leaves her there or if he then goes on an epic Dr. Frankenstein quest to find the best parts to make her a new body.

If Robara dies i give it a 50/50 chance that Hinata either kills herself, goes berserk and needs to be put down or otherwise engineers a way to die as well.

Dex-chan lover
i have mixed feeling lately, at first the author brave enough to kill and sometimes saves someone who usually dies in any other similar plot/manga. but now the kitsune group on killing spree but the author not killin any one on kitsune side despite establishing Kabane in early chapter very okay with killing as long as the opposite is killing too.

Dex-chan lover
Weird. I'd be fine if it were just a slugfest, but trying to be all smart and coy about it and then royally fucking up the logic behind all of that is kind of worse. It's like watching an unnecessary and wankery filled Rube Goldberg machine, but each end every part just doesn't work. Plus, I commended this story a while back about how it manages to create truly disturbing imagery, without falling into the typical fast food of squick shounen is almost known for. A bit of tact and good grounding works wonders for getting it to sink in. But I guess I can take that compliment back, too, with this latest arc.

@zuflis11 Yeah, the writing has kind of taken a nosedive as of lately.

Dex-chan lover
@Qwormuli similar like you, i was praising and liking it because this looks like a shounen story but actually closer to seinen (aka more mature) writing. while now it looks shounen and IT IS actually shounen story (where MC side gone soft for no good reason other than showing them they are the good guy). they are kemono, they dont hold exactly same morality like human so its weird if they become pacifist even toward violent kabane (or people).

Users who are viewing this thread