Kemono Jihen - Vol. 14 Ch. 51 - Unseen Yashima

Dex-chan lover
@Redsaint By the talks the characters had until now, the only one that has put effort to have their power was the crazy glue guy girlfriend and she died.

These two were said to be special as they are completely specialized in their areas, one can only use ilusion and the other only flames, but my point isnt that their power isnt belivable, it is, it vame at a cost so i am fine with that. My problem is that suposedly the big clans of kemonos were stated to have a truce based on the fact that they have equal strenght, but since these maniacs appeared this couldnt be more false, and again this wouldnt be to bad if there wasnt a incongruence of intentions.

The fox bitch that is behind all this wants the stonesbto control all humans, praticaly already controls the seat of power of the country and any human tjat comes even a few kilometers of her can be under her control, she has military power in the police force and the fact that only or even one of her maniacs can wipe entire vilages of the said big clans, this creates a serious inconsistence on the plot.

But i can deal with, i only want to point out this fact, the series still fun.

Ayo that chapt. was very nice. A little but of action, a nice build up and most importantly the shades😁

That old Tanuki sure has an interesting ability, fighting a giant two headed fox while surfing and dressed as if he were a hawaiian

Fed-Kun's army
One weird/annoying thing for me about Kaede and now Akagi is the whole "super regeneration through force of will" thing that they've spontaneously developed in the last couple chapters. Half of Kabane's schtick is super regeneration, and granted his is still much better, but the resident vampire apparently needs a week to recover from a broken wrist and previously those two needed Robara to put them back together again, so while Kitsune transformation being a way to fix injuries is definitely a thing, them suddenly having this ability feels a bit out of left field.

Aggregator gang
How far up did Kon jump to have all that time to talk with Kabane mid-air?
And the surfing power is STUPID!

Dex-chan lover
@Alhazred23
Your mistake there is that you're comparing too early in the series. It's very clear that the series took a sharp turn between back when Mihai's wrist was injured, and the current norm. To put an exact pin on the turning point, it was the title drop in chapter 21, but more broadly it was when the Calculuses were properly defined. When it changed from being about kemono incidents, as in what the detective agency dealt with, to the Kemono Incident, as in the products left behind by that war, everything prior became liable to retcons and semi-canonicity, power levels went wild and prone to inconsistency, and generally the manga went downhill.

kon and kabane 💜💜💜💜 im so soft for them 🥺 thank you for the translations! cant wait to see more chapters

How adorable.

I sure hope nothing bad happens to Kon (who has yet to tell anyone her important information) now that her character development of getting over Inari is done.

Aggregator gang
@Alhazred23 two things

1) isnt Mihai nerfing himself because he doesn't properly drink human blood? I do recall thinking his regenarion ability being kinda underwhelming for a vampire, but then we got a scene where he was drinking tomato soup or something like that. Which would explain why he isn't in peak form.

2)Kitsune in this manga are full of haxs

@alacaelum This is something that has been bothering for a while as well, but I think we already got an answer of sorts for this incongruence you are talking about.

We have clans that guard the stones (hence why they exist in the first place), but that doesn't mean they are broken in the current era. Is like what you see in Kon's flashback: at any point in time, anyone strong enough to body someone guarding a stone can just take it. Nowadays they live in a relative time of peace. A relative time of peace means they won't need to be as strong to guard the stone. That means if they get careless some ASSHOLE can just come in and take it.

Another thing to keep in mind is how they just let the situation get this fucked in the first place, but I guess kemono are either stupid, information doesn't travel fast, or PLOT because there's no reason to not rise against someone like Inari that took a stone for herself, and didn't stop there.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS KABANE X KON IS ALWAYS A GOOD CIVILIZATION!!!!!!!!!!!

Dex-chan lover
@A-tan That is a good and reasonable explanation, and it did pass my mind, but there are many points where the point that the kemono society still is "might makes right" based were mentioned.

I just think that the power imbalance is a little two big without a explanation.

The Onis were said to be the physicaly strongest but we saw were this took them, the Kitsunes just seem to be a little too strong in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread