Ken to Mahou to Gakureki Shakai - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
Uuh, the world is all about academic background... but to use magic you must be born with great luck in both capacity and ability to change mana to elemental stuff? And neither academic background nor academic ability has any leverage on it?

...I take it this world is a super-corrupt class-society where meritocratic achievements don't matter at all, and only your birth-caste and relation to oxford decides your income (even as a noble) and political power?

Group Leader
Hope this isn't the last time time we see this girl. She was already in my OTP. I was hoping the blonde in the color page was her but probably not. Trad tomboy Wife who's also your childhood friend never ever.

Aggregator gang
Maybe its because the isekai happens when the kid is twelve as opposed to a much younger age but I feel its kinda messed up that the 36 year old personality has completely taken over the 12 year old personality. The narration is saying that its more like a fusion but the way its presented it seems like the care free child is more or less gone even to the point of not knowing if he can act like himself in front of his family. The scene where he asks his childhood friend to call him -sama also makes it seem like his old self is gone.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe its because the isekai happens when the kid is twelve as opposed to a much younger age but I feel its kinda messed up that the 36 year old personality has completely taken over the 12 year old personality. The narration is saying that its more like a fusion but the way its presented it seems like the care free child is more or less gone even to the point of not knowing if he can act like himself in front of his family. The scene where he asks his childhood friend to call him -sama also makes it seem like his old self is gone.
The rub is we have no real idea what the personality of the isekai protag was. All we know is that he studied a lot so it leaves us to wonder how much is from the old or new personality.

Dex-chan lover
For those who observe NNN :huh:
ULUaIhA.png

Thanks for the full chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Hope this isn't the last time time we see this girl. She was already in my OTP. I was hoping the blonde in the color page was her but probably not. Trad tomboy Wife who's also your childhood friend never ever.
lmao
it's surprsing but i haven't seen her in the novel until this part of the story

Dex-chan lover
Uuh, the world is all about academic background... but to use magic you must be born with great luck in both capacity and ability to change mana to elemental stuff? And neither academic background nor academic ability has any leverage on it?
Ngl it's been contradictory for a while now. The description says he won't try hard but from how this chapter is setting him up he's only gonna be a study bug/workaholic.

Similarly it said he perfectly mixed with og Allen but seeing how he can't even remember how to interact with them it's more like mc isekaied and overwrote Allen completely.

Dex-chan lover

...I take it this world is a super-corrupt class-society where meritocratic achievements don't matter at all, and only your birth-caste and relation to oxford decides your income (even as a noble) and political power?
This whole story is a masterclass in hypocrisy.

MC is Manic Pixie type between the isekai person and the original Allen fusing in an oddly synergistic way.

The Academy worships meritocracy as almost a religion, which has the net effect of favoring talent and dogma.

The nobility are so far up their mind games that they'd rather go on insane tangents than just calm down and level with each other, whether it's going tiger mom on students or just their political games with each other.

Every arc adds a new flavor, with MC really only being the spark that lights them up.

His expertise is in magic/mana manipulation, but he can't manipulate the mana into a tangible existence? How does that make sense? If you can only partially manipulate magic/mana, or partially do anything for that matter, you're no expert! Apparently, a dictionary isn't available in that world, lol.

Dex-chan lover
chapter 1
MC: dont call me -sama
girl: but i need to
chapter 2
MC: call me -sama
girl: but i dont want to

???

Users who are viewing this thread