Kengan Omega

was re-reading, and just realised that ryuki's low stance is similar to the no form stance. anyone else notice this?

I like this manga but I don't even know who the main character is anymore. That purple haired guy went from being the main character to an insignificant filler character, lol.

Aggregator gang
I enjoy this sequel but I honestly much prefer the main story.
I feel like the main character's not proeminent enough in this one. Ohma>Koga by a such a huge margin.

I just re-read the original Kengan Asura, and god damn does it deliver compared to Omega.
I also have a huge gripe regarding this sequel
As much as I love having Ohma returning, it completly undermines the ending of Kengan Asura. Thus emptying the original of all its meaning, since Ohma's death is foreshadowed maybe 50 chapters in and the mangaka actually had the balls to kill his main character. Knowing Ohma might win the tournament, but will die anyways was truly what drew me in the manga. It's fan service, and I think they should have just let Ohma rest in peace.

i've also noticed something: the villains are all a lot less impactful. In the OG, there were tons of interesting ideas for almost each "main' villains which made them truly unique (the razor rihito, medecine man, Mutaba, Kanoh, the hair assassin, Kure Raian, the doctor just to name the most uniques).
What about here? Most of the opponents are just clones of their "good guys" counterpart. Except two characters, the ninja guy although i gotta admit he's just a copy-pasta of Strider Hiryu, and the more interesting mongolian wrestler who was fairly unique. Although, again, in a sense
the good ol' villain sacrificing himself for the MC is nothing new, and i'd say Setsuna was pretty much the same as he was willing to die to reveal Ohma's greatness.
It's disapointing tbh.

Kiryu Setsuna popped right out of nowhere, how did he even find this place? I don't think he's a fighter for purgatory, does he not know Ohma is alive?

I enjoy how humane Kanoh Agito has become, I like his slight show of emotions through his small changes of facial expressions, and how he cares for Gaoh Ryuki at the end there

holy fucking shit this is getting good. I loved Kengan Ashura, and I dont think Omega is as good, but it is getting pretty good. The fights havent been all that but the recent agito fight was awesome. The last time i was on the edge of my seat like that was in Kengan Ashura. It came pretty damn close to creating the same tense feeling. That fights was hella fucking balls to the walls awesome and i loved every second of it. I hope the fights only get better and the dynamics get cooler. Still hasnt surpassed Kengan Ashura in my eyes but i think its on the right track.

Raw already out, as I imagined

Let's Go Raian Kure "The Devil" Vs Alan Wu "The Slaughter King".

Users who are viewing this thread